the shizzle > get involved: access, environment, BMC

Pick it Up, Post it Up!

<< < (2/29) > >>

Bonjoy:
Having had a couple of bits of litter escape my pockets while topping out on windy crags this year, I’ve since been trying to develop the ‘pick up three bits’ habit every time I go out as penance.
Compared to many euro venues I reckon the UK’s crags are pretty litter free (with a few near urban exceptions like Black Rocks and Shipley Glen), remarkably so given the high user numbers. That said if every climber got in the habit of taking home a couple of bits they’d quickly become actually spotless. Having a rucksack with external pockets that you don’t mind getting manky helps to make this a less annoying task.
That reminds me, there’s been a wheelie bin on the path over the river from Chee Tor all this summer!

mrjonathanr:

--- Quote from: Bonjoy on September 23, 2009, 08:50:34 am ---That reminds me, there’s been a wheelie bin on the path over the river from Chee Tor all this summer!

--- End quote ---

When is collection day?

rginns:
ok, this isn't totally on-topic, but relevant I think nonetheless...

Nicely impressive pile of flytipped rubbish at Denham the other week. As I couldn't really fit it in me back pocket I got the council to shift it, it's now gone, thankfully!

Bonjoy:
Must have been a big fly

erm, sam:
Hobson Moor today. First time I've been there in TIME. I was surprised by how unbombed out it looked. I'd heard about peeps setting fires next to the rock etc and was expecting it to be even more of a graffitied choss pit than my last visit back in the day, but it was actually in pretty good nick.
Never the less, Mrs Erm Sam was inspired to wander around gathering rubbish while I reaquainted myself with the traverse.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version