UKBouldering.com

Eldelrid Boots (Read 3450 times)

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
Eldelrid Boots
February 22, 2010, 07:19:23 am
Tried a pair of Edelrid Ravens at the wall t'other night: http://www.edelrid.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=529&Itemid=682

they felt exceptional on plastic, very similar to the Sportiva Testarossas from what i remember. Anyone used them much on rock - any good?

JohnM

• junky
#1 Re: Eldelrid Boots
March 03, 2010, 12:18:13 pm
Does anyone know any UK outlets who stock Edelrid boots?  They look good in the pictures so wouldn't mind trying a pair.  The lace ups looks a lot like the Sportiva Testerrosa's.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#2 Re: Eldelrid Boots
March 03, 2010, 12:32:33 pm
Cotswolds has the reptile in.

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber

JohnM

• junky
#4 Re: Eldelrid Boots
March 03, 2010, 01:32:27 pm
Might go to cotwalds and try the Reptile.  If they are quite stiff with good edges they might be good for Malham and are relatively cheap as well.  Those Ravens look good but I would probably get Solutions if I was going to spend close to the £100 mark anyway.

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#5 Re: Eldelrid Boots
March 03, 2010, 02:41:24 pm
John we have the Hurricane and Tornado in the V12 shop in Liverpool. I've got a pair of Raven's on test at the moment and they have been fantastic indoors. Fit very similarly to solutions and the rubber is identical. The heels don't move at all and the toebox is great. Only thing I am unsure about is the velcro system being too long so when fully tensioned up it can also miss the velcro. I imagine its to do with Sportiva copywrighting the closure system so they had to alter it (it has those sliding points on it to change the direction of tension across the top of the foot but doesn't do much for me.

You would prob get into them if you fancy having a try? Can bring them down the cave next week or wherever we get to on Tues.

JohnM

• junky
#6 Re: Eldelrid Boots
March 03, 2010, 04:43:45 pm
Cheers Rich.  I'm away next week but i'll hopefully catch up with at some point after then and give them a try.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal