UKBouldering.com

Design for life (Read 1618 times)

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
Design for life
September 17, 2009, 09:02:58 pm
Did anyone catch part one of this t'other day? I think the thread about the Dutch slag burning chairs is interconnected somewhat. Starck is a greater nuisance than a barbed dildo.

Yossarian

• forum hero
#1 Re: Design for life
September 17, 2009, 09:20:09 pm
No, but I don't necessarily disagree with the premise.  Starck himself admitted (in the Guardian I think) that British design doesn't necessarily need a leg up.

My issue is the fact that most of the talented British designers end up working for non-British companies.  I.e. Jasper Morrison, Ross Lovegrove, David Chipperfield, Sebastian Wrong, etc.

The plan for my new venture is to restore the balance somewhat.  And Tom - if you have any sofa and/or lounge chair ideas then I would be very keen to see them!  If you've got something that fits what I'm planning then perhaps we can come to some arrangement...

Monolith

• forum hero
#2 Re: Design for life
September 17, 2009, 11:43:25 pm
I just can't stomach the vive la difference shit with the 'he's a modern genius'. He's no more a genius than 15 Peter 20 who clearly isn't.

Yoss, I'll send you a pm in the morrow. Working on a few interesting things at the moment and planning to do a bit more work in the furniture department. Hope you're well buddy.

Monolith

• forum hero
#3 Re: Design for life
September 18, 2009, 10:47:30 am
Just watched a piece on Starck on Fashion TV and a woman said "I think he's a genius". Why do people think this about shit furniture!?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal