UKBouldering.com

Riding in the mountains (freeride wannabe) (Read 1743 times)

sharkey

• addict
Riding in the mountains (freeride wannabe)
September 23, 2009, 12:16:46 am
Any experiences of good rides in the mountains, this summer i have mostly been riding off piste in the hills, visiting some outstanding locations, i'm addicted and would love to find more trails, my latest exploit was Ben Lommond,  a bit of a hike to the top.. then 900m of descent, the trail is fantastic very rocky...with continued interest right down to the loch, with only one over the bars moment, right in front of a rambler!. Looking for inspiration for next summer, any knowledge much appreciated.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Anywhere in the country? Mt Keen up here is ideal by bike, long approach easier than walking, plus you get a Munro bagged it that interests you.

sharkey

• addict
Yes anywhere, i don't mind travelling, spent around two weeks in the gorms this summer based in Aviemore. I have read about mount Keen, so do you rate it?. would really like any suggestions for good technical rides in the mountains, i don't mind hiking with the bike as long as there is a good descent.

There are so many mountains north of the border...which to ride or are possible, if this weather continues perhaps i will sneek in another ride, Beinn Imme above Arrochar looks a possibility.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Not done Mount Keen myself, goes against my personal munro ticklist (am only going to do them by climbing or on skis!), but mates who have done it rate it. The Jock's road from Glen Clova over to Loch Muick is also good, best to do the return route in the VG guide, or else getting cars around becomes a hassle.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal