UKBouldering.com

Poor advertising skills Cofe (Read 3131 times)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Poor advertising skills Cofe
September 15, 2009, 01:38:22 pm
http://www.v-publishing.co.uk/publications/scotland_mountain_biking_-_the_wild_trails.php

You should tell us when great books like this come out. I had to go into a shop (which I try to avoid doing, due to thin wallet) to find out about it. Looks ace.

cofe

• forum hero
#1 Re: Poor advertising skills Cofe
September 15, 2009, 01:57:03 pm
Thanks big boy. I do worry I beat the 'buy our books bitch' drum a bit too much on here, all my posts in Dec-Feb featuring the words 'Jerry' and 'Moffatt'.

It is a good book I reckon. There's a second volume coming out next spring too, and we'll have a guide covering Wales on the shelves in early November.

BUY! BUY! BUY!

Somebody's Fool

• forum hero
#2 Re: Poor advertising skills Cofe
September 15, 2009, 04:40:16 pm
Cofe. Forgive me if I'm being thick, but what does this have to do with the Boardman Tasker award?

sharkey

• addict
#3 Re: Poor advertising skills Cofe
September 15, 2009, 06:15:41 pm
Besides is it really that good, as a basic guide pointing punters in the direction of popular well known rides perhaps, but barely touches the tip of the iceberg when it comes to adventurous technical rides. The rides covered are in the main landrover tracks. Luckily i do my research, so on two visits to Scotland this year i didn't miss out on some of the best riding to be had. I'm sure the list is endless but here are a few basic omissions, Ben Lommond, seen as one of the best descents, Can Ban mor, fantastic, again one of the best, even the loop above Arrochar is missing? all these are well known to Scottish mountain bikers. I bought the SW guide to England and the wild Scottish guide online so didn't know what the content would be, buying the SW for a Quantocks visit where there are some great trails, but in the guide there was only one poor ride that followed the landrover track along the top, all very disapointing and a total waste of money for me.

cofe

• forum hero
#4 Re: Poor advertising skills Cofe
September 15, 2009, 08:05:05 pm
sorry to hear that sharkey. quantocks coverage in the SW guide - one of our oldest books - isn't the best but that book is due a new edition, probably late next year, so that can be sorted out.

john horscroft

• forum hero
  • Just abusive
  • High Rocks? Best crag in the country mate.....
    • John Horscroft - Writer
#5 Re: Poor advertising skills Cofe
September 16, 2009, 03:10:44 pm
talk to me Cofe lad, went to the Quantocks this year and found some awesome little rides including some exceptional guerrilla trails.............

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal