UKBouldering.com

'Nefertiti' Burbage knowledge? (Read 41998 times)

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#50 Re: 'Nefertiti' Burbage knowledge?
October 05, 2009, 08:04:08 pm
Derek you say?

Anyway, I was always of the view that it should be two spaces after a full stop, not one.

dr crimp

• regular
#51 Re: 'Nefertiti' Burbage knowledge?
October 05, 2009, 08:08:37 pm
cheers for the tips.shall put some effort into improving my computer litracy.

cofe

• forum hero
#52 Re: 'Nefertiti' Burbage knowledge?
October 05, 2009, 08:10:35 pm
good start.

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.

dr crimp

• regular
#54 Re: 'Nefertiti' Burbage knowledge?
October 05, 2009, 08:34:03 pm
nice one. ;)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#55 Re: 'Nefertiti' Burbage knowledge?
October 06, 2009, 07:01:44 am
(i.e. "I've just typed a period '.', I must hit the space-bar twice once and hold down shift when typing the next character).

Sorry, that's the copy editor in me.  ;)

Too nu-skool for me.

(Personally I use TeX (well a variant called LaTeX) which automagically increases the space above a single space following periods so not something I ever really have to worry about when writing papers).

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#56 Re: 'Nefertiti' Burbage knowledge?
October 06, 2009, 09:32:59 am

Back in the day I did near every E6 at Millstone in 18 months.. I TRed damn near all 1st

But I managed not to trash anything...

Not even your finger-tips? 'Effort!
What did you make of Adam Smith Jon?

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#57 Re: 'Nefertiti' Burbage knowledge?
October 06, 2009, 06:48:41 pm
Adam smiths has some of the best moves on the crag.

Word.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
#58 Re: 'Nefertiti' Burbage knowledge?
October 06, 2009, 09:25:16 pm
i was hoping for a tad more although that's encouraging. Did you have much confidence in the gear, I forget what it is exactly.. threaded tats and an old peg? Thanks

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
#59 Re: 'Nefertiti' Burbage knowledge?
October 07, 2009, 10:43:40 am
preplaced wires over the back of the bolt studs.

didnt fall... reckon now with a few pads,  esp one of my airpads  :P, you could sequentially rip all the gear and come to no harm off the crux... knees at level of top bolt, you turn the arete by way of a slap up to a brick shaped pinch and then balance over. a move never to forget.

the top peg is a swine to clip. I did the route the same week as Mike Lee, he had kindly replaced the tat on the peg for those of us with a less then average height.

BTW, this was in excess of 15 years ago... the bolts may be well well shite by now.

El Mocho

• forum abuser
#60 Re: 'Nefertiti' Burbage knowledge?
October 07, 2009, 11:26:04 am
See routes cleaned thread pages 2 and 3:

http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,9392.25.html

Pretty sure I replaced the tat on the peg too, don't remember it being much of a stretch to clip so must have either put equally long tat on or climbed a bit higher (I am just like Mike Lee. Short, strong and only do headpointing now as I have a kid  ;))

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#61 Re: 'Nefertiti' Burbage knowledge?
October 07, 2009, 11:29:09 am
I am just like Mike Lee

Never thought I'd see anyone admit that in public.

nik at work

• forum hero
#62 Re: 'Nefertiti' Burbage knowledge?
October 07, 2009, 11:37:37 am
Dan fell on one of the wired bolt heads when a hold snapped off. It held, this was over 10 years ago though and I'm guessing their condition hasn't improved...

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
#63 Re: 'Nefertiti' Burbage knowledge?
October 07, 2009, 12:34:09 pm
I am just like Mike Lee

Never thought I'd see anyone admit that in public.

me too, may i offer my sincere condolences

(  ;) )

David S

• stalker
#64 Re: 'Nefertiti' Burbage knowledge?
October 07, 2009, 04:54:33 pm
is that Mike Lee, the 2004 PBR World Champion, 2004 PBR World Finals Champion , 2005 PBR Challenger Tour Finals Champion bull rider?

http://www.mikeleebullrider.com/

or Mike Lea the strong short climber?

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
#65 Re: 'Nefertiti' Burbage knowledge?
October 07, 2009, 07:02:42 pm
Thanks for the answers guys particularly your account of the crux Jon. I haven't been to Millstone for something like 10 years hence the questions but it always looked a great route and I vaguely remember the pinch featue and overlap with peg etc. Doesn't sound too practical to just 'have a look' if you need to preplace wires tho.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
#66 Re: 'Nefertiti' Burbage knowledge?
October 07, 2009, 11:42:39 pm
I have a strong feeling we know eachother from a previous life.

Give me a PM and I'll gladly discuss the route further.

To be fair, this ain't our thread

El Mocho

• forum abuser
#67 Re: 'Nefertiti' Burbage knowledge?
October 08, 2009, 09:06:36 am
I replaced the tat on the bolts so no need to pre place wires. Just clip the tat.

There is a Mike Lee who climbs? Sorry, bull riding is my area of expertise, am I on the wrong website? Thought this was UKbull. Def seems like it when you read some of the posts.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#68 Re: 'Nefertiti' Burbage knowledge?
October 08, 2009, 10:00:17 am
That would have been a more appropriate name for the red-tits website.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#69 Re: 'Nefertiti' Burbage knowledge?
October 08, 2009, 06:46:09 pm
Thought this was UKbull. Def seems like it when you read some of the posts.
you'll have to forgive sloper

Idol eyes

• junky
#70 Re: 'Nefertiti' Burbage knowledge?
October 12, 2009, 12:10:54 pm
might i add, im also a local born and bred, ill call it wot i chuffin want son ;)
"Theres nothing for you here!!!"

David S

• stalker
#71 Re: 'Nefertiti' Burbage knowledge?
October 13, 2009, 09:30:42 am
There is a Mike Lee who climbs? Sorry, bull riding is my area of expertise, am I on the wrong website? Thought this was UKbull. Def seems like it when you read some of the posts.

:lol:

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#72 Re: 'Nefertiti' Burbage knowledge?
November 09, 2009, 01:04:07 pm
personally mr long, (JB) i think ur elitist attidude stinks and u should be more suportive and more accepting of other peoples abilities and enjoyment of climbing. routes are lead/soloed/top roped by choice, with regards to the persons personal goals, motivations and aspirations. who are you too say how i should climb a route? people have different stimuli/ motivations and everybody should respect that. as long as climbers are having fun, surely thats all that matters??
Personally mr Sop, you should be a lot more sodding grateful that someone like Adam is standing up for quality climbing experiences and treating routes with respect (all under the banner of good ethics) and encouraging you to do the same. If you had some nouse you'd try to learn from that and trying to learn to improve so you can approach these climbs as equals rather than trying to work them (and by "them" I mean well-sub-cutting edge routes that are regularly onsighted / ground-upped) into submission. Just seen your UKC logbook - says it all - have you considered actual climbing rather than serial top-roping??

+1 vote for The Log Pile.

BenF

• forum hero
#73 Re: 'Nefertiti' Burbage knowledge?
November 09, 2009, 03:04:21 pm
Just seen your UKC logbook - says it all - have you considered actual climbing rather than serial top-roping??

Just read this ressurected thread and being a bit bored and feeling like a bit of rubbernecking, I checked out the UKC logbook too.  Oh my god, I have never seen such nonsense.  Sorry if this sounds bad, condescending and like we're getting the boot in, but Tallsop you really need to think about your approach to climbing.  Your logbook shows you failing to onsight low E grades yet constantly attempting to toprope E5/E6/E7/E8.  I honestly thought it was a bit of a myth that there were people out there trying to toprope stuff way, way beyond their capabilities.  A best onsight of E1 and best worked grade of E6?  Nonsense.

Again, apologies for having a dig (and probably sounding like a patronising tw*t) but just as Fiend has pointed out, the advice contained within this thread is very pertinent and I think that if you just chilled out, stopped trying to thrash your way up various testpieces you'd a) become a better climber and b) achieve more.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#74 Re: 'Nefertiti' Burbage knowledge?
November 09, 2009, 03:10:58 pm
Just seen your UKC logbook - says it all - have you considered actual climbing rather than serial top-roping??

Just read this ressurected thread and being a bit bored and feeling like a bit of rubbernecking, I checked out the UKC logbook too.  Oh my god, I have never seen such nonsense.  Sorry if this sounds bad, condescending and like we're getting the boot in, but Tallsop you really need to think about your approach to climbing.  Your logbook shows you failing to onsight low E grades yet constantly attempting to toprope E5/E6/E7/E8.  I honestly thought it was a bit of a myth that there were people out there trying to toprope stuff way, way beyond their capabilities.  A best onsight of E1 and best worked grade of E6?  Nonsense.

Again, apologies for having a dig (and probably sounding like a patronising tw*t) but just as Fiend has pointed out, the advice contained within this thread is very pertinent and I think that if you just chilled out, stopped trying to thrash your way up various testpieces you'd a) become a better climber and b) achieve more.

Nefertiti (or spelling variations thereof) aren't in the wishlist either!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal