UKBouldering.com

Depot fun comp/party/phase II open Sept 11th (Read 22559 times)

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
PS in case I hadn't mentioned it there's free curry afterwards!

That was the main attraction!  ;)

robertostallioni

• forum hero
Course it is.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Crouch may fancy himself a curry demolisher but I've got something that'll tax him. The Fat Max Challenge is two portions of rice, two curries and a naan from Nazaams Curry House in Woodhouse. If he can finish that then there's the Big K challenge named after Kaushik who managed to see off an extra plate of curry and desert  :o

tomtom

• forum hero
Crouch may fancy himself a curry demolisher but I've got something that'll tax him. The Fat Max Challenge is two portions of rice, two curries and a naan from Nazaams Curry House in Woodhouse. If he can finish that then there's the Big K challenge named after Kaushik who managed to see off an extra plate of curry and desert  :o
Get him on the case with the Bolton Big Ten then...

andy_e

• forum hero
Crouch may fancy himself a curry demolisher but I've got something that'll tax him. The Fat Max Challenge is two portions of rice, two curries and a naan from Nazaams Curry House in Woodhouse.

I did that without even realising it was a "challenge". That's so easy, crouch could throw laps on it for breakfast.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
You're not allowed to use the kids menu, Andy.

andy_e

• forum hero
Two veg madras, two rice and an elephant's ear garlic naan. easy.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Fat fucker.

Brolly

• regular
    • The Depot
Two veg madras, two rice and an elephant's ear garlic naan. easy.

Andy, hopefully not before the comp.....

Ol

andy_e

• forum hero
No, i'll be driving to font  :'(

Brolly

• regular
    • The Depot
No, i'll be driving to font  :'(

Well don't eat it before the drive, that could be one smelly trip to font.

Ol

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
PS in case I hadn't mentioned it there's free curry afterwards!

Between work* and family I'm not going to have time to get up to see you tonight.
I'll phone you later to arrange my delivery by Curry-Courier.

*I won't be going over my 37 hours though Jasper

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
A month? Good man.

uptown

• junky
All this talk of Stallion getting spanked  :spank: has interested me.
I shall lay down my 'indoor' inhibitions and mingle with the great and good and Will from UKb for one night only.
Is there a veterans class to this comp you speak of?

robertostallioni

• forum hero
Of course theres a veterans category, but its just you, Robert De Niro, Christopher Walken, Tom Berenger, Clint eatswood and ummm John Rambo.

I shall be removing my first item of clothing at about six.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Looks like I'm going to miss an interesting evening.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
Between work and family

this short period of time involved running through the fountain in The Peace Gardens with my more gullible work colleagues. Soaked, but happy  :thumbsup:

robertostallioni

• forum hero
Just got back from the Depot do. Very good evening with a strong and very deep field. Crouch and Shawna showed why they'd been selected to represent the Scouse Massive, indeed if it looked like a "Cave or Pill Box" problem Crouch despatched. There were some awesome displays of climbing from outright thuggery to technical mastery. Not least from Uptown, succeeding on a VertDirt problem only repeated by Ned himself (I believe). The tick of the night for me. TomP, Dave Buchanan and TimP were all in attendance but under the weather in some form or other but all managed to demonstrate the power that lies under the bonnet...and Farmer Joe from Leeds Wall brutalised almost everything also. Many, many femmes turned up too but I was obviously too involved in crushing to ahem, notice their exploits, other than watching Shawna who was, as ever, interstellar.
Thanks to all the guys, Ollie, Steve, the Bowers brothers et al for putting on the comp and all those judges now able to enjoy the rest of the night at the curryhouse I expect.

Stubbs

Congrats to the Depot boys fro putting on a fun night, comp problems looked great and the new section of wall is very impressive.  The Beastmaker board is a bit harder to get up than The Works edition and is a great angle with some well made interesting shaped holds.  I look forward to punishing myself on it this winter!

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
Fun night. Quite big queues for problems but this is to be expected with so many people there. Well done to all who crushed. I was crushed by the roof. Need to get properly warmed up for it I think. Crouch was on good form but didn't run into many other UKB regulars. Cheers Olly et al.

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Up far too early this morning and hurting all over but it was a great night and I was impressed by the gun show on that orange roof problem! It was good to meet a few of the ukb monsters like Stallion, nik, uptown, John and mr Hunt rocking a horrible t shirt ;)

I climbed like a bit of a leper after the first 5 problems and should have had some tactics like sitting off and beta whoring on the techy problems as I only clocked out what to do when it was too late  :spank:

The big roof was immense, the black 20 tres bon and the beastmaker tricky to get up.

Going to try and get there regularly with John M if possible to improve P.E. as I looked at the yellow and had a whitey and didn't even pull on  :-*

Off to N Wales now to get even more broken and deposit last nights curries into a suitable services as i don't want to have to fumigate my house.

uptown

• junky
[curryparp] I'm  :o to admit I quite enjoyed the plastic last night - twas good to meet some fellow tricksters too. I might have to abandon my indoor phobia to become either injured or beastly this fall. What evenings did you say your masterclass was Stallion? [/curryparp]

nik at work

• forum hero
Twas a good night, if a little mosh-pit-esque at times...
A nice wall though, I'm sure I'll be back there providing flailing entertainment for the beast contingent soon.

robertostallioni

• forum hero
What evenings did you say your masterclass was Stallion?

I am currently allowed out(in) on (two of) Mon/Wed/Friday. Skooling usually starts from 5ish.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Many, many femmes turned up too but I was obviously too involved in crushing to ahem, notice their exploits, other than watching Shawna who was, as ever, interstellar.

:spank: where are the DFBWGC?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal