UKBouldering.com

TV/iplayer must watches (Read 428248 times)

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
#1775 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
April 17, 2024, 10:12:12 pm
Wanna see a car crash?  Liz Truss being interviewed by Chris Mason. It’s excruciatingly entertaining :popcorn: if it wasn’t so serious  :blink:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001yrtr

Or listen her interview with Iain Dale on his All Talk podcast, if you can bear it. Better still, watch the clip of her trying to hold her own book up the right way on Fox news during an interview, as it only lasts a few seconds.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#1776 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
April 17, 2024, 10:13:14 pm
The book clip is already a meme

SamT

• forum hero

Just 'enjoyed' Baby Reindeer on Netflix..

Ooof.  Strap yourselves in. 

Jessica Gunnings performance as Martha is as brilliant as the whole thing is mad.

Ged

• junky

Jessica Gunnings performance as Martha is as brilliant as the whole thing is mad.

Yeah agree, not sure I enjoyed it but very good. Not what I was expecting, maybe because of how funny she was in The Outlaws. Some very uncomfortable viewing.

Ged

• junky
Ripley on Netflix.

I just watched all of this whilst getting over a grim stomach bug. Really loved it. Shady new yorker (Andrew Scott /Hot Priest from fleabag) moves to Europe to track Down an old friend. I don't know if the black and white added anything, but it's really captivating,right to the end

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
Just finished “The Old Man” on Disney.
Not what I expected, though I should have considering the cast.
Beautifully shot on occasion and well told.
Definitely the deep end of the John Wick pool.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento

I thought it was very good... but a very hard watch - like a more harrowing version of Nighty Night.  I kept pausing episodes to "decompress" for a few minutes before I felt fit to continue.  At first, it was Martha's behaviour that did it - although that was fairly standard TV stalker / fanatic stuff in retrospect (not a million miles from Kathy Bates in Misery?).  But later, what more got me was when the protagonist did something that would obviously make matters worse, and had me dreading the unpleasantness to come. He's the relationship equivalent of a horror film character that returns to the creepy house, when they could have driven away or got help, and insists on exploring alone with all the lights off.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal