UKBouldering.com

TV/iplayer must watches (Read 419258 times)

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
#1275 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
September 24, 2021, 07:28:41 am
 I've been watching the first season of Manhunt on ITV player as S2 had really good reviews.
I'd really recommend it as a police procedural drama, restrained but compelling.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#1276 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
September 24, 2021, 09:28:58 am
We've just finished The North Water on BBC - bit of a slow burner, but really grabs you as it goes on.

Amazing cast, some incredible scenery - sounds like it's gone under the radar a bit but definitely worth a watch.

SamT

• forum hero
#1277 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
September 24, 2021, 10:17:44 am
Not quite TV,... But 6music is all about 1991 today and the release of Nevermind.   Such a good period in music, so many different new genres taking off.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1278 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
September 24, 2021, 10:20:30 am
remember it well, just about finished studies, first attempt at a holding down a "real" job and actually having some income, living in a shared house and far too many parties with music from that era blaring out.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#1279 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
September 24, 2021, 11:02:06 am
I have been making a point of having some music of that era in the car on school runs recently, partly to satisfy nostalgia on my part, partly to educate the kids.

So far no joy from

Nirvana - Nermind
Manic Street Preachers - Generation Terrorists
Rage Against The Machine - Eponymous
Ride - Going Blank Again

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#1280 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
September 24, 2021, 11:08:54 am
Can't say I like any of those then or now, although I have given Ride a bit if a revisit given the quality of the recent material. Best thing was on Vapour Trail on Nowhere (and Spotify stats agree).

SamT

• forum hero
#1281 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
September 24, 2021, 11:26:12 am
I have given Ride a bit if a revisit given the quality of the recent material. Best thing was on Vapour Trail on Nowhere (and Spotify stats agree).

- and funnily enough -that's what they played on 6music this morning.

SamT

• forum hero
#1282 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
September 24, 2021, 11:30:34 am
And slightly related to Nevermind - my new favourite thing ever on the internet is the Dave Grohl vs Nandi Bushell drum off story.    :punk:

The story starts here...

sheavi

• menacing presence
#1283 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
September 24, 2021, 02:35:57 pm
Nick Broomfield doc 'Last Man Standing - Suge Knight and the Murders of Biggie & Tupac' on Iplayer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000zyg2/last-man-standing-suge-knight-and-the-murders-of-biggie-and-tupac

J_duds

• menacing presence
#1284 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
September 24, 2021, 03:00:05 pm
Not quite TV,... But 6music is all about 1991 today and the release of Nevermind.   Such a good period in music, so many different new genres taking off.

Thanks I'll listen to that when in the car later.

I enjoyed this documentary a few nights ago, it's all about Nirvana's tours in the UK.

When Nirvana Came to Britain: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000zx9h via @bbciplayer

Ged

• junky
#1285 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
September 24, 2021, 04:45:16 pm
We've just finished The North Water on BBC - bit of a slow burner, but really grabs you as it goes on.

Amazing cast, some incredible scenery - sounds like it's gone under the radar a bit but definitely worth a watch.

I've been really enjoying this, despite the sexual violence, seal clubbing and brutal murder. Really good cast.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#1286 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
September 24, 2021, 08:33:43 pm

I enjoyed it, but perhaps unlucky to air so soon after The Terror. There's only so much sitting in a tent in the Arctic waiting to die that one can really enjoy to the fullest.

TobyD

• forum hero
#1287 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
September 25, 2021, 05:50:52 pm
I enjoyed it, but perhaps unlucky to air so soon after The Terror. There's only so much sitting in a tent in the Arctic waiting to die that one can really enjoy to the fullest.

Still, more cheerful than watching the news.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1288 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
September 27, 2021, 12:19:32 am
tunless anyone has any doubt, latest series of Gone Fishing is as great as all the others. I'm not tired of the formula at all yet, keep them coming.

galpinos

• forum hero
#1289 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
September 27, 2021, 07:22:24 am
Not sure if it's mentioned in the previous 52 pages and it's obviously old news as the first series is now over fifteen years old but for all you Francophiles out there, all 8 series of Spiral/Engrenages are on iPlayer.

It's a bit like a Wire/the Killing/Silent Witness mash up with added "Frenchness".

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
#1290 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
September 27, 2021, 11:40:17 am
 In a similar vein, The Bureau is well worth tracking down and watching. It is a brilliant French series.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#1291 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
September 27, 2021, 12:12:20 pm
Good tip, it is indeed brilliant.

seankenny

• forum hero
#1292 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
September 27, 2021, 01:30:56 pm
I've been really enjoying Bosch on Amazon Prime. Based on a series of books by an LA Times reporter, it's good solid modern noir featuring a grizzled Hollywood detective Harry Bosch (Titus Welliver) sluething around the City of Angels with his sidekick Jerry Edgar (played by Jamie Hector aka Marlo from the Wire, I would watch this guy rewire a plug never mind running down perps). Great jazz soundtrack, strong female characters and it makes you want to go for a taco.

Despite that, no single character as good as Gilou in Spiral!

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#1293 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
September 27, 2021, 09:34:15 pm
Watching The Last Mountain just now... seems a  bit veveuristic and unforfortable. Not sure what to make of it.

BBC2 on iplayer.

TobyD

• forum hero
#1294 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
September 27, 2021, 10:46:51 pm

I loved this, Nevermind was the first album I ever bought and I still like it.  The 30yr anniversary thing made me feel old  though, unfortunately. 

Fultonius

• forum hero
    • Photos
#1295 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
September 27, 2021, 10:52:17 pm
Watching The Last Mountain just now... seems a  bit veveuristic and unforfortable. Not sure what to make of it.

BBC2 on iplayer.

Should have said - Story of Tom Ballard / Alison Hargreaves K2 Nanga Parbat etc.

galpinos

• forum hero
#1296 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
September 28, 2021, 07:18:09 am

BBC2 on iplayer.

Interested in this but having watched “The Alpinist” on Saturday there’s only so much “tragic death in the mountains” I can take in a week.

Fultonius

• forum hero
    • Photos
#1297 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
September 28, 2021, 08:00:23 am

BBC2 on iplayer.

Interested in this but having watched “The Alpinist” on Saturday there’s only so much “tragic death in the mountains” I can take in a week.

It's on iplayer for a year, so you can have some respite. Alpinist good?

galpinos

• forum hero
#1298 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
September 28, 2021, 08:24:38 am

BBC2 on iplayer.

Went to see it with erm, sam of this parish. I thought it was excellent. The footage of him on the Stanley Headwall was breath-taking and the opening footage of him om Mt Sleese (I think) really set the tone. As well as the footage being amazing, the story was well told, without many missteps.

Spolier:
NSFW  :
The scene with him hula hopping with Heavy was so joyous, he was so into it, despite it being simultaneously the least cool/coolest thing ever

Fultonius

• forum hero
    • Photos
#1299 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
September 28, 2021, 10:26:30 am

BBC2 on iplayer.

Went to see it with erm, sam of this parish. I thought it was excellent. The footage of him on the Stanley Headwall was breath-taking and the opening footage of him om Mt Sleese (I think) really set the tone. As well as the footage being amazing, the story was well told, without many missteps.

Spolier:
NSFW  :
The scene with him hula hopping with Heavy was so joyous, he was so into it, despite it being simultaneously the least cool/coolest thing ever

Great, I'm going tonight - turns out some mates were planing on it already!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal