UKBouldering.com

TV/iplayer must watches (Read 419182 times)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#825 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
March 17, 2019, 10:56:48 am
This is really great https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00038l1 "A provocative and poetic exploration of Britain’s relationship with the land, crafted from quirky, surprising, beautiful and revealing archive from the last hundred years. Set to a score from Adrian Utley from Portishead and Will Gregory from Goldfrapp"

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#826 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
March 28, 2019, 10:36:11 pm
Road to Brexit, starring Matt Berry on iPlayer. Dynamite.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#827 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
March 28, 2019, 10:53:23 pm
This is brilliant, disturbing and moving.  A look back at the Ripper murders and how antiquated and misogynistic thinking prevented Sutcliffe from getting caught earlier.  A three part series that’s gripping and compelling viewing.

The Yorkshire Ripper Files: A Very British Crime Story, Series 1: Episode 1: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0003m05 via @bbciplayer

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#828 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
April 10, 2019, 08:09:41 am
This is brilliant, disturbing and moving.  A look back at the Ripper murders and how antiquated and misogynistic thinking prevented Sutcliffe from getting caught earlier.  A three part series that’s gripping and compelling viewing.

The Yorkshire Ripper Files: A Very British Crime Story, Series 1: Episode 1: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0003m05 via @bbciplayer

Beat me to it - we watching this last week and found it compelling stuff. Really hadn't realised the extent to which the hoax tape / letters totally derailed the investigation.

Also shout out for "Inside The Brexit Storm" - the "behind the scenes of Brexit" documentary narrated by Laura Kuenssberg:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0003wxb

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#829 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
May 08, 2019, 10:05:33 am
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0004y5s

Film / docu about all going wrong on a dive in the north Sea (may have been mentioned in the films section?) Of especial interest to me as my father in law was a commercial diver in those days, but pretty gripping to watch. I think it's on Netflix too.

steveri

• forum abuser
  • More average than you
    • Some poor pictures
#830 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
May 09, 2019, 10:38:13 am
Bookmarked Chris.

Another watery tale, 'Kim Swims' - https://www.netflix.com/title/81092329. First woman to swim from the Farallon Islands and the San Francisco Golden Gates bridge, 28 miles away. Great Whites, cold water and tides permitting. Suitably triumph over adversity low key doco.

Started doing a bit of swimming ...feeling distinctly bumbly now.

nik at work

• forum hero
#831 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
May 16, 2019, 08:11:24 am
Last night spotted that Wide Boyz is on Amazon Prime.
I'm so far behind the loop on this kind of stuff that this is probably old news but hey ho...

tomtom

• forum hero
#832 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
May 16, 2019, 09:46:04 am
Last night spotted that Wide Boyz is on Amazon Prime.
I'm so far behind the loop on this kind of stuff that this is probably old news but hey ho...

I watched that the other night. MrsTT and the boy we’re away for two nights so watched Dawn Wall one night and a wide Boyz the other. Enjoyed it. Like DAwn Wall the real interest (to me at least) is about the personalities and the build up/training rather than the climbing itself.

Kinda like a heist film - the build up is always better than the actual take.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#833 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
May 16, 2019, 10:26:15 am
DAwn Wall

Don't you start with that..

tomtom

• forum hero
#834 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
May 16, 2019, 03:42:27 pm
DAwn Wall

Don't you start with that..

It started after I had a missed call on WhatsApp

Footwork

• forum abuser
  • Living With Wads
    • Living With Wads
#835 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
May 16, 2019, 06:06:08 pm
I watched Money Ball on Netflix last night for the first time. Really enjoyed the pace, feel and the way they trade players like pokemon cards.

Also recently watched The Big Short and Vice which I highly recommend.

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
#836 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
May 16, 2019, 11:27:12 pm
Currently watching the looming tower on iplayer on recommendation of  Andy F. Its really good so far, and improving as well. 

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#837 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
May 17, 2019, 11:47:46 am

Also recently watched The Big Short and Vice which I highly recommend.

Plus on to The Big Short.

I've been enjoying "Brexit Behind Closed Doors" on BBC4. They got some really good access to the EU team - it would appears there's quite a lot of competition to see who's the king of PowerPoint in Brussels!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0004vyd/storyville-brexit-behind-closed-doors-part-1

Steve R

• forum abuser
#838 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
May 18, 2019, 08:54:11 pm
Probably a bit behind the curve on this one but been thoroughly enjoying the first series of Rick and Morty recently.  Elements of Family Guy, Futurama, Ren & Stimpy and also some Hitchhiker's Guide style concepts and humour.  Wasn't altogether convinced one or two episodes in but it rapidly grew on me and some of the later episodes in the series have been really funny.  Great stuff for winding down if you're a fan of the stupid american adult cartoon genre with a penchant for sci-fi.  Available on netflix I think...

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
#839 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
May 18, 2019, 09:49:11 pm
Unlike some shows, the quality of Rick and Morty stays really high (or even improves) as the seasons go on, so I hope you enjoy the rest of it!

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#840 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
June 01, 2019, 09:45:56 pm
Good Omens is....

good.

Not bad at all, I was dubious that it could be adapted for TV, given all the asides and footnotes that make the book so funny (but I suppose that technique had actually been contrived for the Hitchhiker adaptation, which this resembles).
Daughter very, very, nearly actually wet herself, halfway through the first episode; so obviously translates well to current generation.

andy popp

• forum hero
#841 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
June 05, 2019, 01:07:37 pm
"When They See Us," Netflix's four part series on the Central Park Five case, is brilliant if very harrowing (especially the final episode, which is almost like a horror film). Highly recommended.

andy popp

• forum hero
#842 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
June 05, 2019, 03:26:42 pm
Has anyone watched Chernobyl yet? A number of my friends are raving about it.

Plattsy

• forum hero
#843 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
June 05, 2019, 03:40:58 pm
It's on the list. Jared Harris was brilliant in The Terror.

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#844 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
June 05, 2019, 04:38:52 pm

It’s very, very good. Absolutely savage in places, but shot very well and really makes the grey matter work.

shurt

• forum abuser
  • nincompoop
#845 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
June 05, 2019, 04:47:58 pm
If anyone has Amazon Prime (some people mentioned Wideboyz is on there which I enjoyed) Mr. Robot featuring Rami Malek is on there which is really good. Also if you're into sci fi all 3 series of The Expanse are there too which are just incredible and highly addictive...

tomtom

• forum hero
#846 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
June 05, 2019, 05:11:36 pm
If anyone has Amazon Prime (some people mentioned Wideboyz is on there which I enjoyed) Mr. Robot featuring Rami Malek is on there which is really good. Also if you're into sci fi all 3 series of The Expanse are there too which are just incredible and highly addictive...

Mr Robot is cool - it gets REALLY dark in S2 - then a bit too mainstream in S3 but still great (IIRC - it was a while back when I caned the series...)

shurt

• forum abuser
  • nincompoop
#847 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
June 05, 2019, 06:34:52 pm

Mr Robot is cool - it gets REALLY dark in S2 - then a bit too mainstream in S3 but still great (IIRC - it was a while back when I caned the series...)

Yep I'm half way through the total mental breakdown of S2. There's going to be a final series 4 I read somewhere...

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#848 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
June 10, 2019, 10:18:41 am

Yes it's very good. I've been interested in Chernobyl since I was young, remembering the accident being on TV and have read about it a lot since. As a piece of TV it's very good. The science is also very accurate when talking about the reactor - it's a bit exaggerated  in terms of the gory visual effects of radiation burns. Also good as a piece of political/coverup intrigue. The structure of the story is  very well crafted and the characters flesh out very well after initially seeming a bit 2D. I should say that I basically don't watch TV and this was the first series/mini series I've watched in the last 10 years, so maybe my barometer of what is good is not tuned in, but I thought it was riveting.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#849 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
June 10, 2019, 11:05:01 am

Yes it's very good. I've been interested in Chernobyl since I was young, remembering the accident being on TV and have read about it a lot since. As a piece of TV it's very good. The science is also very accurate when talking about the reactor - it's a bit exaggerated  in terms of the gory visual effects of radiation burns. Also good as a piece of political/coverup intrigue. The structure of the story is  very well crafted and the characters flesh out very well after initially seeming a bit 2D. I should say that I basically don't watch TV and this was the first series/mini series I've watched in the last 10 years, so maybe my barometer of what is good is not tuned in, but I thought it was riveting.

If you have any interest in engineering this is worth a watch too amazing piece of work.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal