UKBouldering.com

TV/iplayer must watches (Read 426061 times)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#550 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
April 29, 2016, 02:23:50 pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03jvffz

Life in the Air. 4 days left to watch first episode. Brilliant series, i liked 2nd episode most, the footage of the sparrowhawk flying at low level is incredible.

rich d

• forum hero
#551 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
April 29, 2016, 07:08:35 pm
Netflix stuff, but Peakyblinders. Brilliant gangster series set in post world war I Birmingham, one of the best things I've seen for years.

tomtom

• forum hero
#552 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
April 29, 2016, 07:16:59 pm

Netflix stuff, but Peakyblinders. Brilliant gangster series set in post world war I Birmingham, one of the best things I've seen for years.

MrsTT raved about this - and I ended up liking it too...

IanP

• forum abuser
#553 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
April 29, 2016, 07:57:17 pm

Agreed , brilliant,  superb British tv with an epic 'American' feel.  You do know series 3 starts next week?

rich d

• forum hero
#554 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
April 29, 2016, 08:42:39 pm
Oh yes, Thursday night, got my flatcap ready by the TV...

SA Chris

• forum hero
#555 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
May 02, 2016, 09:18:25 am
Complete with blade in the cap.

Tom Hardy's character is awesome, best role in the series.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#556 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
May 18, 2016, 01:51:42 pm
I'm not really into football, but enjoyed

Leicester's Imposible Dream on the BBC last night

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07c6lwh

nicely explained and put together

only available for 7 days - presumable because of viewing rights for the football

tomtom

• forum hero
#557 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
May 18, 2016, 01:59:00 pm
I'm not really into football, but enjoyed

Leicester's Imposible Dream on the BBC last night

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07c6lwh

nicely explained and put together

only available for 7 days - presumable because of viewing rights for the football

Did you see "The Rack Pack" - probably still in iPlayer....

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#558 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
May 18, 2016, 05:50:58 pm
Me and the Mrs have recently been watching Marcella on ITV, and we both really enjoyed it. Would recommend.

Also got into watching Broadchurch lately too, which is also very good!

andy popp

• forum hero
#559 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
May 22, 2016, 03:40:43 pm
Radio rather than TV but I really enjoyed Berry Gordy on Desert Island Discs this morning - one of the most interesting episodes I've heard in a long time (not that I'm a really regular listener). A fascinating slice of social history really, and well worth catching up with.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#560 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
May 25, 2016, 03:43:52 pm
Gomorrah is back and is still the best thing on TV.

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
#561 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
May 25, 2016, 04:27:55 pm
Really enjoyed the first series. Looking forward to this one.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#562 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
May 25, 2016, 10:14:07 pm
I've got five or six episodes saved up for a binge...

Duma

• forum hero
#563 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
May 25, 2016, 11:02:49 pm
Has Amazon's "Man in the High Castle" been mentioned? We watched the whole lot over the course of last weeks night shifts - really enjoyed it, very well realized vision of a fifties America split between the Axis powers, oppresive and believable, good detail too. Only whinge would be the let down of the ending, I assume it's for the next season, but it was very much a nothing point to finish I thought.

tomtom

• forum hero
#564 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
May 25, 2016, 11:21:58 pm
I was a bit disappointed by the man in the high castle - good production values, nice ideas, but felt the main actors were a bit average - or rather their characters rather unbekievable/hard to relate/warm to etc...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#565 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
May 26, 2016, 07:25:48 am
I've got five or six episodes saved up for a binge...
Yeah it's impossible to watch one at a time. We're doing the same after watching the first two.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#566 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
May 26, 2016, 09:04:05 am
I was a bit disappointed by the man in the high castle - good production values, nice ideas, but felt the main actors were a bit average - or rather their characters rather unbekievable/hard to relate/warm to etc...

yeah, I abandoned it half way through

which is shame, because I was really looking forward to it

SA Chris

• forum hero
#567 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
May 26, 2016, 10:38:02 am
Gomorrah is back

Can't it be cured with penicillin?

Plattsy

• forum hero
#568 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
June 28, 2016, 09:25:45 pm
Anyone looking to fill the GoT void left in their lives. A good suggestion would be Preacher, which is 5 episodes into the first season. Based I believe on a comic (I'm not familiar with). Enjoyed it so far. Dark humour and weird.

Season 2 of Mr. Robot starts soon too.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#569 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
June 29, 2016, 12:27:55 pm
Anyone looking to fill the GoT void left in their lives. A good suggestion would be Preacher, which is 5 episodes into the first season. Based I believe on a comic (I'm not familiar with). Enjoyed it so far. Dark humour and weird.

I'm amazed that they have actually made a TV version of Preacher. Unless they've massively toned down the religion side of it I would have thought that there would be uproar amongst the bible bashing fraternity in the US!

Be interested to watch it though as the comic is one of the best things I've ever read. Not sure a live action version could live up to it but I enjoyed the Walking Dead in an "it's different but it's still good" way so who knows.

Evil

• addict
#570 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
June 29, 2016, 12:49:28 pm
I've quite enjoyed the first two in the series "Genius of the Modern World" currently available on the BBC iPlayer. There was a good quote from Marx's wife in the first one about how she could rent a whole house in Germany for the cost of a squalid flat in London. Some things don't change!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07gpjmm

tomtom

• forum hero
#571 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
June 29, 2016, 02:01:57 pm

Ooooh... Just finished S1 of Mr Robot and thoroughly recommend it... superb.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#572 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
August 02, 2016, 12:47:15 pm
The new Robot Wars is really good. My memories of watching it as a kid are of it being a glorified shoving match, with a few really good robots and lots of really crap ones - the armour being much more developed than the weaponry such that the only way to reliably win was to shove the other thing in the pit or flip it out of the arena.

It seems that this has now changed and in the past decade the batteries and motors have become vastly more powerful. Remember that Hypno-Disc thing from the original series? That flywheel weighed about 18Kg and spun at 500rpm. In the new series there's a thing with a spinning bar weapon - the bar weighs 25Kg and spins at 2500rpm. When it gets up to full speed it fills the arena with a sound known as the "Death Hum". When it drives into other robots it literally rips them to shreds and both 110Kg robots ricochet violently off each other like they weigh nothing. Huge chunks of shrapnel flying everywhere. When I was watching it I found myself wondering whether the producers of the show were shitting themselves, wondering whether two layers of bullet proof material was enough to protect the audience.

It's bloody brilliant.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#573 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
August 02, 2016, 01:18:23 pm
Been watching the new nature series about NZ

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07lp34l/new-zealand-earths-mythical-islands-1-cast-adrift

First episode.

Definitely worth a look, especially if you are planning a visit (Wood FT!).

B0405413

• addict
#574 Re: TV/iplayer must watches
August 02, 2016, 01:30:17 pm
The new Robot Wars is really good. My memories of watching it as a kid are of it being a glorified shoving match, with a few really good robots and lots of really crap ones - the armour being much more developed than the weaponry such that the only way to reliably win was to shove the other thing in the pit or flip it out of the arena.

It seems that this has now changed and in the past decade the batteries and motors have become vastly more powerful. Remember that Hypno-Disc thing from the original series? That flywheel weighed about 18Kg and spun at 500rpm. In the new series there's a thing with a spinning bar weapon - the bar weighs 25Kg and spins at 2500rpm. When it gets up to full speed it fills the arena with a sound known as the "Death Hum". When it drives into other robots it literally rips them to shreds and both 110Kg robots ricochet violently off each other like they weigh nothing. Huge chunks of shrapnel flying everywhere. When I was watching it I found myself wondering whether the producers of the show were shitting themselves, wondering whether two layers of bullet proof material was enough to protect the audience.

It's bloody brilliant.

Does Craig Charles still present it? If not it can't be the same!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal