UKBouldering.com

Bathford Bouldering (Read 6150 times)

jonD

Bathford Bouldering
June 15, 2009, 05:51:09 pm
H, I'm new to this forum. I live in Bathford and I started climbing in the woods in 2003. Also, I climbed a handful of times on the pinnacle on the other side of the valley (below Bath Uni) during the early nineties.

Recently since September 2008, I've been discretely cleaning up various (overgrown) problems on 7-8 boulders in Bathford Woods & also Sally-in-the-Woods just up the valley. I've seen no sign that anyone has ever climbed there before. So I was amazed when a friend of mine told me about this forum and the videos on Youtube.

I realise the need to keep the area fairly quiet but I'm very interested in any topos because I'm working on a highball/micro-route at present and would love to know if anyone else has attempted it. Also, interested in meeting up with anyone during the week.

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#1 Re: Bathford Bouldering
June 15, 2009, 06:01:58 pm
As far as access and keeping things quiet goes, this might be of interest to you:

Hi Guys,

When I did All Elements, I spent quite sometime speaking to the county council and the local Bathford councellor. They all confirmed that it is common land and it's fine to do whatever really. They told me there were no problems with people officially using the area for bouldering.

Hope that helps (not that that many people ever visit the place anyway!).

Tom
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 06:09:42 pm by r-man »

jonD

#2 Re: Bathford Bouldering
June 25, 2009, 09:50:38 pm
Thanks for the info on access.

ben

• obsessive maniac
#3 Re: Bathford Bouldering
June 30, 2009, 12:39:23 pm
i don't have any topo's but have a fairly good knowledge of what's been done there over the years so PM me if you like. We cleared & climbed lots of new problems back around 2001ish most of which have probably grown back over by now

jonD

#4 Re: Bathford Bouldering
August 08, 2009, 07:04:42 pm
Thanks Ben. Sorry I've only just seen your reply. Will send you a PM when I work out how to do it!. Jon

wintermute

• menacing presence
#5 Re: Bathford Bouldering
September 03, 2009, 12:37:10 pm
Hoping to finally get down and check out bathford this weekend at some point. Does anyone have any info on the best places to check out, or is anyone free and up for a boulder? Tours will be rewarded with flapjacks.

jonD

#6 Re: Bathford Bouldering
September 03, 2009, 04:47:10 pm
I'm happy to show you around what I know. PM me

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal