UKBouldering.com

why is it... (Read 55035 times)

Anth

• regular
#25 Re: why is it...
July 28, 2009, 05:27:40 pm
this happens a lot at wolf mountain (wolverhampton) but at the redpoint in birmingham its banned

matters not to me as I am a fat twat and I look hideous with my top off

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#26 Re: why is it...
July 28, 2009, 06:09:33 pm
I am a fat twat and I look hideous with my top off

:highfive:

:wobble: :wobble: :eatmore:

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#27 Re: why is it...
July 28, 2009, 06:24:24 pm
this happens a lot at wolf mountain (wolverhampton) but at the redpoint in birmingham its banned

On what grounds do they ban it?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#28 Re: why is it...
July 28, 2009, 07:07:36 pm

On what grounds do they ban it?

They probably try to justify the ban under some health and safety bullshit "You might loose a nipple" "Yeah, well they're my fucking nipples to loose if I want to!"

a dense loner

• forum hero
#29 Re: why is it...
July 28, 2009, 08:31:09 pm
Anyone that thinks climbing with tops off is narcissistic is an idiot, nor would i go to a wall where you can't remove your top. i only do it in case any passing washerwomen want to scrub their clothes on my 8pack

Clart

• obsessive maniac
  • Safe as f*ck
#30 Re: why is it...
July 28, 2009, 09:07:43 pm
I take my top off purely for financial reasons. It saves it from being ripped apart as I unleash the guns on any poor unsuspecting problem that lies before me, RAAAA!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#31 Re: why is it...
July 29, 2009, 09:14:01 am

Banned at both walls in Aberdeen too. Which is a bit crap as transition is a sweatbox at the moment. Need to get a string wifebeater or something.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#32 Re: why is it...
July 29, 2009, 09:19:13 am
Why are you misquoting me?  :lol:

Maybe you should climb in T-shirt and G-string and see if they complain about that.  Or maybe one of these:

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
#33 Re: why is it...
July 29, 2009, 09:26:57 am
Everyone knows you climb at least a grade harder with your top off, hence the oft heard cry of "Tops off for power, lads".

(hmmm...does the full stop go before or after the speech mark?)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#34 Re: why is it...
July 29, 2009, 09:34:12 am
Why are you misquoting me?  :lol:

Sorry. :lol:

clm

• forum hero
#35 Re: why is it...
July 29, 2009, 09:42:40 am
Out of interest... how did they actually let you know that they werent too happy about it?

Did they turn round and leave?  Weep?  what?

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#36 Re: why is it...
July 29, 2009, 10:51:24 am

just last night at the DCC there were a bunch of macho boys (well, not men) and while I was checking out a potential route one of them asked if he could do the yellow and black route (that was in front of me) - I said yeah and watched as he failed...dumb prick... :D
Am I missing something here? I don't get why this guy is a "dumb prick". Because he went on a route/problem (after politely enquiring if you minded!) you were stood looking at? Because he had no top on? Because he fell off!? Or a combination of the above? Can't see that any of those is dumb or prickish in a climbing wall context. You sound like you might have a tiny chip on your shoulder perhaps.

Question. Which is more disfunctional, taking a tee-shirt off when you are uncomfortably hot or not taking a tee shirt off when you are suffering? In my opinion anyone having a problem with folk taking off tee shirts at climbing walls has got some sort of problem/issue, not the other way round.

nik at work

• forum hero
#37 Re: why is it...
July 29, 2009, 11:25:15 am
Can't believe this has cropped up here. It regularly appears on the other channel, but not here.
Fact is the ladies love to admire my unclothed back, they fantasise about shaving it, yum....

P.S. Bonjoy is one the money once again, give that boy a cigar.

Mr Cat

• menacing presence
    • Flickr
#38 Re: why is it...
July 29, 2009, 11:35:28 am
Out of interest... how did they actually let you know that they werent too happy about it?

Did they turn round and leave?  Weep?  what?

they were next to me and were taking the p8ss out of them - but, not at them, just talking amongst themselves...

Mr Cat

• menacing presence
    • Flickr
#39 Re: why is it...
July 29, 2009, 11:40:05 am

just last night at the DCC there were a bunch of macho boys (well, not men) and while I was checking out a potential route one of them asked if he could do the yellow and black route (that was in front of me) - I said yeah and watched as he failed...dumb prick... :D
Am I missing something here? I don't get why this guy is a "dumb prick". Because he went on a route/problem (after politely enquiring if you minded!) you were stood looking at? Because he had no top on? Because he fell off!? Or a combination of the above? Can't see that any of those is dumb or prickish in a climbing wall context. You sound like you might have a tiny chip on your shoulder perhaps.

Question. Which is more disfunctional, taking a tee-shirt off when you are uncomfortably hot or not taking a tee shirt off when you are suffering? In my opinion anyone having a problem with folk taking off tee shirts at climbing walls has got some sort of problem/issue, not the other way round.

nope - it was just his attitude...the place was empty (well, 1/4 full) so why did he have to go to the same place as me..?

I've a fairly good understanding of people and what they're about etc...

but I guess some people are oblivious to these things?

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#40 Re: why is it...
July 29, 2009, 11:45:59 am
Shitheap please

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#41 Re: why is it...
July 29, 2009, 11:46:52 am
Word.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#42 Re: why is it...
July 29, 2009, 11:57:28 am

nope - it was just his attitude...the place was empty (well, 1/4 full) so why did he have to go to the same place as me..?

I've a fairly good understanding of people and what they're about etc...

but I guess some people are oblivious to these things?

So the guy was a cock who happened to have taken his top off.

Its worth remembering that....

Correlation != Causation

:)

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
#43 Re: why is it...
July 29, 2009, 11:58:13 am

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
#44 Re: why is it...
July 29, 2009, 12:00:28 pm
or perhaps your just reading a bit too much into them, stop being so sensitive dude why do you give a fuck about what anyone else is doing at the wall as long as they're not literally pissing in your face.

Mr Cat

• menacing presence
    • Flickr
#45 Re: why is it...
July 29, 2009, 12:34:21 pm
or perhaps your just reading a bit too much into them, stop being so sensitive dude why do you give a fuck about what anyone else is doing at the wall as long as they're not literally pissing in your face.

so, you'd be happy if when you're indoor bouldering in a centre that's 1/4 full, and some kidda comes along whilst you're checking out a route and more or less says that he's gonna do that  route..?

Hmmm....maybe I'll try it tonight :D

anyway...maybe i shouldn't bee too surprised at some of the responses here...just the guys there are normally chilled out and friendly...

galpinos

• forum hero
#46 Re: why is it...
July 29, 2009, 12:46:43 pm

so, you'd be happy if when you're indoor bouldering in a centre that's 1/4 full, and some kidda comes along whilst you're checking out a route and more or less says that he's gonna do that  route..?

Yes

jern

• menacing presence
#47 Re: why is it...
July 29, 2009, 12:59:50 pm

Er, yes? He asked, you said yes - whats the problem? You could have said no!

(shitheap please)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#48 Re: why is it...
July 29, 2009, 01:01:58 pm
No more requests for placing this in the shit heap, its been there for several posts already  ;)

Mr Cat

• menacing presence
    • Flickr
#49 Re: why is it...
July 29, 2009, 01:12:32 pm
well, I'm glad most of you lot don't goto DCC or I'd end up twatting most of you... :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal