UKBouldering.com

So who's had/got swine flu? (Read 55583 times)

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#25 Re: So who's had/got swine flu?
July 24, 2009, 02:41:32 pm
This is revenge for BSE

clm

• forum hero
#26 Re: So who's had/got swine flu?
July 24, 2009, 08:48:26 pm
Dunno but following deep road rash i got a dose of cellulitis (swolen red fat arm) and never really got better.  arm fixed itself but felt shit, went back to the docs who said tonsilltis, stayed off work more, back to docs, said post viral, back to work, completely knackered the whole time, missed all end of term piss ups, coughed up some  bloody mucus, back to docs said chest infection, more antibiotics, still knackered.  result is been ill for nearly 5 weeks, will have had 24 days of antibiotics in that time and am getting seriously pissed off with being kinda ok but unable to do any fun stuff.

Pig flu?  Im kinda hoping for tb - terribly dickensian.  (and a better GP)

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#27 Re: So who's had/got swine flu?
July 24, 2009, 08:55:06 pm
Meanwhile, your GP is sitting there thinking "fuck, not that nutter again" :lol:

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#28 Re: So who's had/got swine flu?
July 24, 2009, 10:03:07 pm
Me and a few friends went to the Boxing at the MEN last Saturday night. My mate has been in bed with it since Sunday. I got away with it it seems. Better immune system maybe.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#29 Re: So who's had/got swine flu?
July 24, 2009, 10:15:50 pm
Hotter curry?

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#30 Re: So who's had/got swine flu?
July 24, 2009, 10:19:21 pm
Hotter curry?

I doubt it, i barely had a mouthful  ::)

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#31 Re: So who's had/got swine flu?
July 24, 2009, 10:59:02 pm
We've had two people off work with it this week, one was back today. My eldest daughter is currently celebrating being the 100th diagnosed person in Kirkdale! Seems to be fairly random who gets it and who doesn't, my youngest (asthmatic) daughter would appear to be the ideal candidate to get it yet it infects her (non asthmatic) sister!

Everyone I know whose had it have been ok within a week, is this the weakest pandemic ever?

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#32 Re: So who's had/got swine flu?
July 24, 2009, 11:54:11 pm
No idea what you're all talking about.  I've rarely been ill, ever.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#33 Re: So who's had/got swine flu?
July 24, 2009, 11:58:11 pm
No idea what you're all talking about.  I've rarely been ill, ever.

Shirley you've forgotten about that bout of Swine Clap you had?

andy_e

• forum hero
#34 Re: So who's had/got swine flu?
July 25, 2009, 12:15:48 am
You musn't count that severe case of crabs you had as being ill then.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#35 Re: So who's had/got swine flu?
July 25, 2009, 09:35:28 am
Clean as a :whistle: me.

Must be teachers/office workers et al bearing the brunt of this weirdness.

webbo

• forum hero
#36 Re: So who's had/got swine flu?
July 26, 2009, 10:53:21 am
Dunno but following deep road rash i got a dose of cellulitis (swolen red fat arm) and never really got better.  arm fixed itself but felt shit, went back to the docs who said tonsilltis, stayed off work more, back to docs, said post viral, back to work, completely knackered the whole time, missed all end of term piss ups, coughed up some  bloody mucus, back to docs said chest infection, more antibiotics, still knackered.  result is been ill for nearly 5 weeks, will have had 24 days of antibiotics in that time and am getting seriously pissed off with being kinda ok but unable to do any fun stuff.

Pig flu?  Im kinda hoping for tb - terribly dickensian.  (and a better GP)
chronic fatigue syndrome perhaps.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#37 Re: So who's had/got swine flu?
July 27, 2009, 09:30:38 am
we have an alert system now in the n.h.s. called flucon which i think is designed on the terrorist alert system

Are we at Bikini Red?

webbo

• forum hero
#38 Re: So who's had/got swine flu?
July 27, 2009, 02:15:42 pm
fuck knows but apparently in my ineptitude i've fucked up the reporting system by not using the right form.
oh dear. :whistle:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

Anth

• regular
#40 Re: So who's had/got swine flu?
July 27, 2009, 05:16:33 pm
a mate of mine supposedly had it, but they don't test for it now, so fuck knows

overhyped media shitstorm, as usual  :thumbsdown:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#41 Re: So who's had/got swine flu?
July 27, 2009, 05:38:49 pm
The Daily Mash take on Swine Flu

He added: "From what we have been able to determine so far, it does seem to be the same sort of people who believe that MMR jabs will turn their kids into Rain Man.

"You know, arseholes."

Brilliant.

tomtom

• forum hero
#42 Re: So who's had/got swine flu?
July 27, 2009, 06:07:47 pm
Just been back from my folks house to see how they were..

They recon they got it 10 days ago, and seemed OK now, though they both looked a bit knackered. No bad fever, but felt bad for a few days, some cold symptoms and bad guts... both described it as being unlike any other cold/stomach thing they've had before... interestingly, they've both lost weight (a couple of Kgs..) despite eating normally...

They're fairly sure it was Swine Flu as an elderly friend (even more elderly than them!  :) ) visited 2 days before she was diagnosed with H1N1. She's asthmatic and 80 - so she went to the doctors/tamiflu etc..

They were of course wearing their pineapples... just in case..

galpinos

• forum hero
#43 Re: So who's had/got swine flu?
July 27, 2009, 07:56:17 pm

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/health/huge-increase-in-people-who-have-totally-got-swine-flu-200907241928/

Tom Logan, from Finsbury Park, said: "I would say I'm about 30% sure I'm not feeling well, but I'm 100% sure that I have just come up with a copper-bottomed reason to extend my summer holidays.

"The website is far too complicated. They should just replace all the symptom related questions with 'would you like two weeks off work?'."

Meanwhile a doubling of the number of actual swine flu cases in the last week has led doctors to believe it may be some sort of infectious disease.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#44 Re: So who's had/got swine flu?
July 27, 2009, 08:59:11 pm
Someone in our department has got it after their three kids all had it. Apparently they had it BAD but she wasn't feeling it too much. She just worked from home today.

I cycled to get some tamiflu yesterday for my flatmate who woke up late (which he doesn't usually do) feeling like shit.

I feel a headache coming on  :boohoo:

Anyway, my mum, dad and brother have both had the full blown flu before and it shat them up big time. I had to go and live with my aunt and uncle for a few days. I've had the freshers variety which left me feeling like complete and utter shite for a good few days.

Can there not be milder swine flus/flus? Some colds come and go quickly while some are harder hitting and stay for a few days. Why can't the same happen with flu. If this is the case I don't think its unreasonable to assume H1N1 if you get flu symptoms. A pandemic of Flu LiteTM at this time of year is pretty rare. If you piss and moan about people not feeling as bad as you did that one time then really you're just being elitist. Or oinkist.

Please set me straight, I'm not a medical professional.

andy_e

• forum hero
#45 Re: So who's had/got swine flu?
July 27, 2009, 09:13:17 pm
I have a cold. Sniffle.

(I don't think it has anything to do with climbing every day for two weeks solid, then falling asleep with the window wide open every night, and not getting a good enough diet. We're in the middle of a pandemic goddammit and you just try and stop me from blaming it on Swine Flu!)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#46 Re: So who's had/got swine flu?
July 27, 2009, 10:44:22 pm
I've had the freshers variety which left me feeling like complete and utter shite for a good few days.

:lol: Some nasty venereal disease from some random  :shag: you don't remember 'cause you spent the whole week  :beer1: :beer2: :alky: :pissed:

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#47 Re: So who's had/got swine flu?
August 03, 2009, 09:52:13 pm
There now is a proven cohort at have not had the righteous temperature rise that is classic of flu.

However, this matters not.. as the high temp is associated with a higher morbidity. Kids aged up to 14 are faring the worst nationally, as they are unlikely to have been previously exposed to H1 influenza.

If I may add some shite personal anecdotal experience:

I'm off sick. I'm sick. I developed asthmatic symptoms 10 days ago.. to cut a long story of suffering I have been suckin in inhalers (for the first time) like no tomorrow and am on the second course of antibiotics (probable pneumonia), if you've ever had it there is a certain feeling of cold sweat, fatigue and general loss of willing to live that is specific to pneumonia...

what the point is... is that having spoken to the senior partner of the GP practice there is a lot of bad chest infections about in south yorkshire. So, you may well get some bad chest infection this year( this type of pneumonia affects the well 20s to 40s) but it aint always gonna be flu.. no doubt some will be, but as autumn comes round the corner this new flu is just one other cause of illness, not the only one.

Keep well

*cough, cough, cough*

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#48 Re: So who's had/got swine flu?
August 03, 2009, 09:58:46 pm
I was screwed last week with some kind of lurgy. Completely knackered, no appetite, swollen joints, mild nausea. Thought it might have been the piggy flu but my temp was under 38C and I thought that was the clincher.  Feeling a Bit better now though so I'm hopefully on the road to recovery.

rich d

• forum hero
#49 Re: So who's had/got swine flu?
August 04, 2009, 09:35:59 am
It's a joke how everything has to be swine flu. My three year old daughter was being sick over the weekend and had a temperature. We rang our gp for an out of hours appointment - she didn't have swine flu like symptons. We then had to go to chesterfield as they had a special clinic open for potential swine flu - despite the fact that she didn't have flu like symptons. The doctor there was dressed up like a cross between a welder and a bomb disposal disposer. Although maybe they all dress like that with it being chesterfield. My daughter didn't have swine flu.
I thought I had it on Sunday morning, but then remembered that I'd had two bottles of wine and half a litre of vodka.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal