UKBouldering.com

Is there such a thing as... (Read 1366 times)

Vitamin K

• addict
Is there such a thing as...
July 20, 2009, 11:28:21 am
...a camera/device that records video and burns video to compact disc simultaneously? It's a work thing.

A colleague wants to record interviews, but wants a DVD disc to give the the interviewee immediately, i.e. without rigging the camera to a laptop/pc, finding the file and burning a disc (which all takes time of course).

Presumably you would just need a HDD camera and a DVD recorder, set the inputs, record and away you go, simple as, but the kit that somebody looked at cost an impressive £2490! This includes the Sony HVR-A1E HDV/DV Camcorder (Uses tape), tripod, DVD Recorder a 20" TV.

Link to camera info:http://tinyurl.com/m8pzqm

Now I don't think you need this and think that the company saw them coming and want to flog a lot of unnecessary and expensive kit, however they are determined to pursue it. Help me put them off this rash and foolhardy path or am I being a bit thick here?

Any ideas/suggestions as to what would work.

Sorry if this appears to be completely daft, but I have to convince them somehow that this money doesn't need to be spent.

dave

#1 Re: Is there such a thing as...
July 20, 2009, 11:31:23 am
I'm sure there have been stuff like that that recorded to 8cm CD in the past.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#2 Re: Is there such a thing as...
July 20, 2009, 11:35:05 am
Are you wanting more than one copy of the DVD?
Plenty of standard def cameras record straight to DVD. Some high def too

If you need 2 copies instantly it might be cheapest to buy 2 cameras.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#3 Re: Is there such a thing as...
July 20, 2009, 11:47:49 am
They could connect a DVD camcorder to a laptop, record the footage to their hard drive at the same time as recording to DVD in the camera - then give the DVD to the punter and if they need to they can make another DVD later from the file on their laptop.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal