UKBouldering.com

standardised system for calling out ukbee people/talking to strangers (Read 18603 times)

Fj

• menacing presence
Could this be the beginning of Cofes intentions to issue and police UKB ID cards...

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
I might be reading it wrong, but it also seems designed for signing to yourself? I guess that might be the most useful way for Andi.

You could turn your hands around, but then I guess people would think you were from the BoulderUK krew.

superfurrymonkey

• junky

Guess the word "subtle" means something different where you grew up. If you wandered round the crag doing that people would think it was a special day out.

I reckon we'd all end up with A2 pulley injuries trying to get our fingers into those positions and then where would we be? At home that's where rendering all of our secret introductions obsolete!  :shrug:

cofe

• forum hero
Could this be the beginning of Cofes intentions to issue and police UKB ID cards...

no comment. now get back in line.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
I might be reading it wrong, but it also seems designed for signing to yourself? I guess that might be the most useful way for Andi.

You could turn your hands around, but then I guess people would think you were from the BoulderUK krew.

You can do that without your elbows making you look like a spaz? Or is that what you meant by 'BoulderUk krew'?

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
Andi's suggestion looks like it could be useful for working out the direction of thrust on a conductor, more useful for spotting physicists in the wild

SA Chris

• forum hero
You can do that without your elbows making you look like a spaz? Or is that what you meant by 'BoulderUk krew'?

No, still looks well wierd. what I meant was that it would then say "BUK" not "UKB". Didn't meant ot offend the BoulderUK boyz.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

No, still looks well wierd. what I meant was that it would then say "BUK" not "UKB". Didn't meant ot offend the BoulderUK boyz.

You sure it wouldn't say BKU?  ???

superfurrymonkey

• junky
It looks worryingly like UKIP to me  :shrug:

Serpico

• forum hero
    • The Craig Y Longridge Wiki
Wouldn't it just be simpler if we had a 'special' handshake? certainly more British. You could gently stroke the back of the other persons hand with your thumb whilst giving them a knowing wink, that should make you easily identifiable.

SA Chris

• forum hero
or you could just make the "sign of the crimp" salute, in a vulcan / mork from ork kind of way.

tlr

• forum abuser
  • tim-russon.myportfolio Instagram tim_russon
    • Myportfolio
Surely everyone is easily recognisable from the little pictures that appear by what they write? For instance I know I've never seen Cofe at the crag because, to be honest, I don't think that I've ever seen a black man bouldering.

No need for all this secret silliness.

cofe

• forum hero
For instance I know I've never seen Cofe at the crag because, to be honest, I don't think that I've ever seen a black man bouldering with a trumpet.

account_inactive

• forum hero
When I first met Dense he was walking around with his cock out.  Not sure if this was a sign that he was a member of UKB. 

andy_e

• forum hero

:oops:  Well cross your arms with your hands facing the other way...

Joepicalli

• forum abuser
Christ its bad enough having to talk to you all on here. Having a way of identifying the wierdos who post here and meeting you for real would just be too depressing  :kiss2: (I'll be the one furiously avoiding eye-contact then.

SA Chris

• forum hero

:oops:  Well cross your arms with your hands facing the other way...

Then you get BUK, as per my original point. Plus you look like a spaz as JB pointed out.

Mr Cat

• menacing presence
    • Flickr
simple - left hand inside the front of your trousers, right hand doing a salute whilst sticking your tongue out... :)

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Well cross your arms with your hands facing the other way...

Then you get BUK, as per my original point. Plus you look like a spaz as JB pointed out.

Maybe that was what Andi wanted to sign - 'I am a spaz looking for Bukkake'?

andy_e

• forum hero
no it's not the wrong way round! proof:

dave

good to see someone rocking the "urban steven hawking" look.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
Clearly Andi_e's sign is meant to be performed by someone on the rock or facing the rock with their hands above their heads (not in front with arms crossed) - thus ensuring that no eye contact is possible while signing - this means that potential signees can choose to pretend that they haven't seen the sign so they don't offend the signer if they don't want to carry the meeting any further.

It can also be passed off as an elaborate stretching exercise by the signer if no response is received.

On seeing the UKB sign performed on the rock it is up to others to sign back when they are on the rock in front of the original signer - or run away.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
... identifying the wierdos who post here ... would just be too depressing

It sucks more than school reunions.

account_inactive

• forum hero

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal