UKBouldering.com

some recent italian news (Read 3502 times)

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
some recent italian news
July 15, 2009, 08:39:31 pm
today, as i was cycling to school, as usual i stopped for a quick look at some newspapers' first pages. there was this new "15 year old dies with her scooter", nothing more in the article. later today i spoke with a friend of mine who's one of the surgeons that operated the girl's boyfriend, and it turns out that they got run over, and was killed by, a police car which blew a red sign.

then, still today, the first grade court charged with "murder by accident" a policeman that shot dead a lazio football club supporter in a petrol station on a motorway, hours before the match. he actually aimed at the guy's car, and this is a fact. he got six years, will be out in one prolly.

now i ask you, should i really start to worry and search for a new place to live, or is this shit common everywhere? i seriously doubt the latter.
sorry for another sad thread, but i'm really really concerned as sof late. we clearly smell the stench of fascism.

erm, sam

• forum hero
#1 Re: some recent italian news
July 15, 2009, 09:34:53 pm
Sounds grim, but I think coppers get away with killing random innocent people in most places. They are at it here in the UK, but it's not so bad. Oh sorry my mistake, it is just as bad if you are not white. Here I think they don't have so many guns, so whilst innocents do get shot the numbers have to be lower than in full on gun carrying places.. Except probably Germany.
Here in the UK they prefer to administer beatings and throttlings to innocent people. And lock you up with out charge for days at a time. For doing nothing illegal. And administer control orders that stop you having a life, traveling, meeting people etc without informing you what you have done wrong.

DaveC

• junky
  • Old skool...with emphasis on the "old".
#2 Re: some recent italian news
July 15, 2009, 10:59:39 pm
You could try Australia where the police only take out their frustrations on the indigenous people so if you're white you'll be OK .... oh, I forgot, they do like excessively tazering people with heart problems if they don't feel they can justify shooting them!

The Sausage

• forum abuser
#3 Re: some recent italian news
July 16, 2009, 07:41:28 am
...don't forget the coke-d up aussie policemen shooting random frenchmen on bondi beach...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#4 Re: some recent italian news
July 16, 2009, 08:48:46 am
The only difference with Italy is that the corruption is out in the open.

erm,sam is right although it's not just non-white people who are randomly killed by the police in this country.

meatball

• menacing presence
    • Chuck Norris facts
#5 Re: some recent italian news
July 16, 2009, 08:54:32 am
Cant say i'm aware of anythin so bad nibs. but i have witnessed police drag four fellas (white guys too btw) out of a pub, thrown in the back of a van and beaten good style. leavin the pub i glanced over and was met with a threat of similar violence as to what was being dished out to those fellas. needless to say i walked 200 yards to another bus stop. Not a pleaseant sight. I later found out it was a new drug enforcement team who i can only guess were trying to make a name for themselves. charming

Clart

• obsessive maniac
  • Safe as f*ck
#6 Re: some recent italian news
July 16, 2009, 10:48:53 am
Not that I don't think all the above is bad but lets have some balance before we get too daily mail. As the comment above suggest, corruption out in the open is far better than the alternative. If someone gets shot in the UK it's still big news. Every time the police shoot someone an inquiry is held. This is a good thing.

With regards to police jumping red lights: I have an Aussie police mate who says that if a stolen car jumps a light they back off as 'it's only a car and the owner will have insurance'. This certainly makes sense. The trouble is where is the deterrent for scum bag rat boys who nick cars if they know all they have to do to escape is drive recklessly enough?  :shrug:

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#7 Re: some recent italian news
July 16, 2009, 02:35:00 pm
clart,
between my car stolen and a dead girl, i'd choose the first, but i understand what you mean. the problem in our case is that the police blew the red light to "identify" a prostitute.

erm, sam

• forum hero
#8 Re: some recent italian news
July 16, 2009, 09:18:31 pm
40 people this year have been killed by police drivers engaged in car chases. That is 40 this year, and it is just over half way through.

Every time the police shoot someone an inquiry is held. This is a good thing.

Enquirey's being held doesn't mean much if the coppers normally get off with it. Even if they were found by the judge to have deliberatly mislead court, or deliberatly tampered with evidence. Both have happened recently.

Apologies for misspelling deliberatly

n_man

• obsessive maniac
#9 Re: some recent italian news
July 17, 2009, 07:53:41 am
40 people this year have been killed by police drivers engaged in car chases. That is 40 this year, and it is just over half way through.

If poeple weren't out there stealing cars or driving recklessly or using a car as a get away surely they would significantly reduce the risk of getting killed in a police chase. Or when being chased they could stop  :o

Every time the police shoot someone an inquiry is held. This is a good thing.

Enquirey's being held doesn't mean much if the coppers normally get off with it. Even if they were found by the judge to have deliberatly mislead court, or deliberatly tampered with evidence. Both have happened recently.

So inquiries shouldn't be held?

Clart

• obsessive maniac
  • Safe as f*ck
#10 Re: some recent italian news
July 20, 2009, 11:08:06 am

That's as maybe but it is still a good thing. Mistakes happen and enquires ensure a certain amount of accountability. I imagine that if someone is swinging a gun at you you don't really want to be thinking 'Maybe I should let him shoot at me first so that I don't get found guilty if I shoot him?'.

We are very lucky that our day to day police don't all carry guns and they are only held by trained personnel. It will be a sorry day when the boys in blue who pull you over for speeding or feel your collar for a bit of drunk and disorderly are packing heat.   

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal