UKBouldering.com

Kilnsey parking potential pwobwems (Read 1967 times)

grimer

• forum hero
Kilnsey parking potential pwobwems
July 09, 2009, 03:45:23 pm
Guy, who sits beside me, says that there may well be trouble if people continue to park on the roadside below the crag. I personally didn't know this was a problem, but locals have been complaining about it.

the RAD says:

"A clear-way (a single yellow line) has been established on the road below the crag.
Parking below the crag creates traffic problems and climbers should use the large layby 450m past the crag (often with an ice cream van) capable of accommodating approx. 30 cars if parked 'front in'."

There is still the small bay on the opposite side too on the Skipton side.

uptown

• junky
#1 Re: Kilnsey parking potential pwobwems
July 09, 2009, 09:57:18 pm
Is there any chance of the bmc printing a load of warning leaflets that could be popped under the windsreen wipers of the inconsiderably parked climbers? I'll volunteer to pop them under if I'm at the crag. Once people understand the problem the situation can only improve.

andy_e

• forum hero
#2 Re: Kilnsey parking potential pwobwems
July 09, 2009, 11:30:22 pm
Where's this large lay-by? Is it to the north of the crag?

Stubbs

#3 Re: Kilnsey parking potential pwobwems
July 10, 2009, 12:14:05 am
Yes, hence 'past the crag', unless of course you were coming over the top from Malham, in which case it would be before the crag...

Not sure about 30 cars, or if it would actually be wide enough to park perpendicular to the road for most of its length, but there's certainly a lot more space than right in front of the crag!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal