UKBouldering.com

Bouldering on TV tonight!!! (Read 4567 times)

HOLDZ

Bouldering on TV tonight!!!
September 07, 2009, 07:09:14 pm
There is an hour-long program of the British Bouldering Championships tonight on Sky Sports Xtra at 20.00

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#1 Re: Bouldering on TV tonight!!!
September 07, 2009, 08:24:44 pm
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what, no CAPS?

marty

• menacing presence
#2 Re: Bouldering on TV tonight!!!
September 07, 2009, 09:13:10 pm
Nice distraction for a Monday evening ... was it just me or was the camera work on the actual bouldering really poor??

Jerry's commentary was a bonus!

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
#3 Re: Bouldering on TV tonight!!!
September 07, 2009, 11:33:17 pm
Shit! I really wanted to see that, but don't have Sky. Don't suppose anyone has recorded it/ can record it when it's on again?

dan_carroll

#4 Re: Bouldering on TV tonight!!!
September 07, 2009, 11:55:23 pm
have it recorded. anyone know a way to get something from a Sky+ box to a Mac without the aid of a TV card?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 12:02:25 am by dan_carroll »

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#5 Re: Bouldering on TV tonight!!!
September 08, 2009, 08:49:06 am
have it recorded. anyone know a way to get something from a Sky+ box to a Mac without the aid of a TV card?

Rip out the HD and connect it to your computer (simplest would be to get a casing and turn it into an external HD)  :P

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#6 Re: Bouldering on TV tonight!!!
September 08, 2009, 08:56:04 am
Would this actually work though? what I mean is - what format has the Sky+ thing encoded it to i wonder? and, god knows what FS the drive was formatted to.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#7 Re: Bouldering on TV tonight!!!
September 08, 2009, 09:10:05 am
Would this actually work though? what I mean is - what format has the Sky+ thing encoded it to i wonder? and, god knows what FS the drive was formatted to.

Well if it doesn't work under OSX....... :whistle:

No idea if it is workable though.

Just had a quick  :google: and found this which I've not read in detail but suggests that there may be different encoding methods for different channels, so you may be scuppered.

Best options probably to just line it out through a scart or something into the computer and record that.

cowboyhat

• forum hero
#8 Re: Bouldering on TV tonight!!!
September 08, 2009, 01:29:08 pm
Can you play from a Sky box onto regular recordable DVD player? Signal prob have to go through the TV?

A more heath robinson method would be to set up a tripod and record it onto miniDV or whatever then digitize it...

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#9 Re: Bouldering on TV tonight!!!
September 08, 2009, 02:03:03 pm
Can you play from a Sky box onto regular recordable DVD player? Signal prob have to go through the TV?

Don't know, don't have Sky[/+], but I've had no problem with lining the Virgin Media box into a Hard-Disk/DVD recorder via scart and recording stuff that way (usually to Hard-Disk and then burning to DVD if I want to keep it).

Obviously you'd loose any HD quality through a scart cable, but hey ho.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#10 Re: Bouldering on TV tonight!!!
September 08, 2009, 02:26:01 pm
Quote from: http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/skyplus.html#
You can connect a video or DVD recorder to your Sky+ box, to allow you to copy shows recorded on your Sky+ box... great for archiving series recorded using Sky's Series Link. Note that there is a restriction on copying Sky Box Office movies.

Connection to a recorder can be made in one of the following ways:

* Lne in iconConnect from one of the Sky+ box's two SCART sockets to the recorder, then set the recorder to record from its Line In or AUX input, and it should be able to see and record the output of your Sky box
    * A lower quality option is to take the RF aerial output from the Sky box using a standard aerial cable and connect it to your recorder. You then need to tune the DVD recorder to the Sky box channel. More in our Modulator FAQ

For help with connecting to a recorder, see our Connection page. Also, see our How to record Sky TV page.

Unfortunately I don't have a DVD recorder, have to see if i can borrow one.

Alternatively I wonder if it would be possible to record via SkyPlayer straight onto your PC?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal