UKBouldering.com

Board and holds for sale (Read 4633 times)

SteG

• addict
  • crimp
    • TheSend-Topo Apps
Board and holds for sale
July 02, 2009, 12:23:27 am
So, I'm shortly moving house and the new place has no room for my beloved board.

The board itself is 3 sheets of 1.2m x 2.4m (8ft x 4ft in old money) of 18mm ply with 64 t-nuts per board on a 200mm grid - designed to leave enough spacing to fit a screw-on or wood chip between each bolt hole and each t-nut has a retainer screw in the back to stop them working loose.

I also have the structural timbers that support the board: 4 pieces of 6" x 2" at 3.6m (12ft) long, one piece of 6"x2"x8ft (cross piece) and one piece of 6"x3"x12ft for the central leg.

There's a short kickboard (175mm high) and another small panel of approx 0.85m x 1m with t-nut holes but no t-nuts that's currently housing a 5 rung campus board with 5 small metolious rungs.

I have around 300-ish holds comprising:
1 full set of Holdz edges* http://www.holdz.co.uk/img/itemLargePic/edgez_full_set.jpg
1 full set of Holdz mini-jugs* http://www.holdz.co.uk/products_large_pic.php?maincatId=1&subcatId=1&itemId=7
1 set of King Kong commas, medium sized slopey crimps http://www.climbingwall.co.uk/cgi-bin/trolleyed_public.cgi?action=showprod_COMMAS
1 set of King Kong pinches, small to jug http://www.climbingwall.co.uk/cgi-bin/trolleyed_public.cgi?action=showprod_PINCHES
1 set of Mr Oxleys Infinity holds, 150 random shapes and sizes from foot jibs to finishing jugs, mostly in the medium sized crimper range.
An assortment of old polished rubbish (20-30 holds) from the local climbing wall that I've used for bad footholds and starting holds.
50 or so assorted screw-ons.
1 set of Nicros HIT strips http://www.nicros.com/products.cfm?CatID=33
5 small Metolious campus rungs (and/or the whole mounting panel/structure)
1 Holdz Broccoli sloper (in green, of course) and a couple of large finishing jugs from Bendcrete.
Full set of bolts (some of the Holdz pinches take long bolts the rest standard 50mm).
1 Crash pad - high density foam 8ft x 8ft x 12" (2m x 2m x 300mm)

* One or two of the individual shapes in the Holdz ranges above have changed slightly from those currently listed on their site as mine are a few years old but it's basically the same set.

I've put some pictures online here: http://www.thesend.co.uk/wall/wall.htm, I'm happy enough to split the parts down into the boards, the structural joists and sets of holds but not so inclined to sell off individual holds as I'll probably lose track and annoy someone.

Option 1. Sell.
I really don't know how much this stuff is worth second hand (although I suspect much less than I would hope for), the RRP's are listed at each of the links so if anyone's interested I'd appreciate a sensible offer for the bits that they're looking at.

Option 2. Donate to a woodie collective.
I'm based in East London (E14 soon to be E9) and have tried to set up a collective before - found premises and interested climbers - but when it came to paying, everyone bar 3 melted into the shadows and it fell through. Still interested if someone else is thinking of setting something up, or has a garage that can be used by a few people that we can set this up in.

Collection / delivery.
As said above, London based but climb in Portland and the Peak regularly so could deliver to (or near-ish) a crag in one of those areas (or London within reason). I occasionally make it to Yorkshire so could make a trip to Malham or Kilnsey and put the stuff in the van and bring it with me. Obviously collection is a good option for me.

A sad day for me  :'( hopefully I can find a good home for it all.

Ste.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#1 Re: Board and holds for sale
July 02, 2009, 11:27:56 am
Oh the memories...  :'(

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#2 Re: Board and holds for sale
July 02, 2009, 01:22:39 pm

SteG

• addict
  • crimp
    • TheSend-Topo Apps
#3 Re: Board and holds for sale
July 02, 2009, 01:38:30 pm
thanks Johnny, looks good but Acton from Hackney will be horrific despite only being about 15miles away. Anyone who's left London recently to live elsewhere  :goodidea: traveling times across the city are generally quite silly.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#4 Re: Board and holds for sale
July 02, 2009, 01:41:08 pm
I was thinking more that they might buy it.

SteG

• addict
  • crimp
    • TheSend-Topo Apps
#5 Re: Board and holds for sale
July 02, 2009, 01:57:02 pm
ah yes, good point...

griffer

• regular
#6 Re: Board and holds for sale
July 06, 2009, 06:51:08 pm
is it still 4 sale?
whats a sensible offer in your eyes?

SteG

• addict
  • crimp
    • TheSend-Topo Apps
#7 Re: Board and holds for sale
July 07, 2009, 11:25:25 pm
I'm speaking to someone at the moment to see if we can come to an arrangement but yes it still is for sale, only the HIT strips have gone so far; my ideal would be 100 quid for the 3 boards + joists, and around half rrp for the holds so in the region of 500quid. Sounds a lot put that way, but as I say that would be an ideal for me to work from. As mentioned in the OP, I have a van and climb regularly in the south and The Peak (and could make a long overdue visit to Yorkshire) so am happy to put the stuff in the back and deliver to: Weymouth, Manchester, Sheffield, Leeds (or somewhere mostly en-route to one of those from East London) one weekend when I'm climbing in the area.

thanks for your interest.
SteG

griffer

• regular
#8 Re: Board and holds for sale
July 09, 2009, 05:55:55 pm
Im very interested but had only planned on £350 for a board, so keep me informed, I could also offer in some very nice accommadation near the big 3 yorkshire crags (10mins) as part of the deal. i dont normally look at this site much so email or be patient.
thanks G

SteG

• addict
  • crimp
    • TheSend-Topo Apps
#9 Re: Board and holds for sale
July 09, 2009, 06:53:05 pm
G thanks again, but I've come to an agreement with the other interested party, so the board has now been sold.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal