UKBouldering.com

Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia (Read 120885 times)

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#175 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
November 23, 2009, 04:14:54 pm
looks shiny  :)

me like shiny   ;D

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#176 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
November 23, 2009, 04:41:35 pm
The shininess has blinded you to reason hasn't it. Try some of these.  8)

cofe

• forum hero
#177 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
November 23, 2009, 04:54:49 pm
Still no mp3 decks or massive number 5 though

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#178 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
November 29, 2009, 02:53:03 pm
Just a word for the fellow Jimmy Hill phone owners out there...

My Hero spazzed out over the weekend - headphones randomly stopped working, all sound coming out of speakers regardless whether any phones were plugged in.

Performed the old 'IT Helpdesk fix' (switch off and on again...) and it's now working fine. Bizarre.

Thought I'd mention it in case anyone's had similar.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#179 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
November 29, 2009, 04:31:08 pm
Either that or do a hard-reset (back up your data first tho)

Zods Beard

• forum abuser
#180 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
November 29, 2009, 04:37:56 pm
Just a word for the fellow Jimmy Hill phone owners out there...

My Hero spazzed out over the weekend - headphones randomly stopped working, all sound coming out of speakers regardless whether any phones were plugged in.

Performed the old 'IT Helpdesk fix' (switch off and on again...) and it's now working fine. Bizarre.

Thought I'd mention it in case anyone's had similar.

My Hero did this too and seemed to sort itself out, hasn't done it since. Some people on the Hero forums mentioned this too, Jim's solution seems to be the right idea.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#181 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
December 07, 2009, 01:15:33 pm
Nokia N900 reviewed.

Sounds very tempting, going to have to decide between that and the Hero, probably be dictated by availability on different providors/contracts that will determine my choice.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
#182 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
December 07, 2009, 03:22:01 pm
just a quick note of intrest to people with smartphones, there is some free software by aviasoft that can help identify birds, trees, fungi, butterflies etc...
you'll have to search for it on your platform but it seems pretty good for your average joe when you see a bird "I wonder what that is etc...." or picking mushrooms etc...

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

tomtom

• forum hero
#184 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
December 10, 2009, 01:10:00 pm
Tesco's to offer iPhone from next week

If you have a jailbroken Iphone theres now an app that allows you to download any of the apps found on the app store for free... be interesting to see how long that one lasts/works (esp as tomtom app  - for example - is £60 sheets...)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#185 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
December 10, 2009, 01:24:53 pm

If you have a jailbroken Iphone theres now an app that allows you to download any of the apps found on the app store for free... be interesting to see how long that one lasts/works (esp as tomtom app  - for example - is £60 sheets...)

You've written your own iPhone app and it sells for £60?  What does it do, provide weather & beta on any bouldering location  :bounce:  :P

tomtom

• forum hero
#186 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
December 10, 2009, 07:17:59 pm

You've written your own iPhone app and it sells for £60?  What does it do, provide weather & beta on any bouldering location  :bounce:  :P

hmm,.. I may have had a grammar/sense failure....

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#187 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
December 11, 2009, 07:43:42 am

hmm,.. I may have had a grammar/sense failure....

T_B

• forum hero
#188 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
December 11, 2009, 05:30:13 pm
Iphone on Tesco mobile 12 month contract costs £462 to own compared to £624 with Orange or £626 with 02 on 18 month contracts:
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/retailing/article6952597.ece

Wonder what Vodafone are going to charge in January?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#189 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
January 05, 2010, 08:30:08 am
Preview of Google's Nexus One ahead of the expected official announcement today.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
#190 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
January 05, 2010, 08:54:06 am
built by HTC of course

tomtom

• forum hero
#191 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
January 05, 2010, 09:46:44 am
"The only rival that outstrips it, however, is precisely the one that the Nexus One is most desperate to beat: Apple's iPhone. "

What numpty decided to call it the Nexus one...? sounds like something Alan Partridge would own  :)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#192 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
January 05, 2010, 10:09:04 am
"The only rival that outstrips it, however, is precisely the one that the Nexus One is most desperate to beat: Apple's iPhone. "

Thats a strange thing for the author to write, considering its based on a short-write up from Endgadget who haven't reviewed it properly, and it also fails to say why it doesn't "beat" the iPhone.  The Endgadget article indicates that the camera is superior in the Nexus which would be a good selling point for me (although the main selling point is not having to be tied into the restrictive iPhone apps/iTunes crap, oh, and of course Android being Linux based, but that goes without saying :P)

What numpty decided to call it the Nexus one...? sounds like something Alan Partridge would own  :)

Yeah, its a pretty shit name, but slightly more original than pre-fixing everything with 'i' which is really fucking annoying now that every iMan and his iDog is doing it.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#193 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
January 06, 2010, 08:06:34 am
Its official

Now then need to hurry the fuck up and get it out in the UK so I can get my mits on one  :spank:

tomtom

• forum hero
#194 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
January 07, 2010, 11:12:46 pm
Wired came out with a similar article about the Nexus 1, calling it an iPhone clone. Pretty sick of all the iBumming going on by the supposed geekzines.

I've still not seen anything on the nexus 1 or any of the android phones that makes it a better proposition than an Iphone.... My Iphone contract is up tomorrow - and I was interested in the nexusX1221(zx) but why bother? sorry google but no wow factor there for me....

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#195 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
January 07, 2010, 11:23:04 pm
Define "better"  :P

Hardware spec?
Ease of use (e.g. accuracy of touch typing on a screen)?
Quality of pictures?

Besides which there is no "best" phone, there are phones that are most suited to an individuals requirements.

underground

• forum hero
#196 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
January 08, 2010, 01:13:58 am
I've just gone and got mesen a HTC Hero (or T - Mobile Touch G2), because although I really fancied an iphone,  I didn't fancy paying iphone money, and for 24 quid a month get 1000 minutes of calls and unlimited everything else, a dedicated business account manager, and a 2 year next day replacement warranty.

I shall report back forthwith when I know how it works etc...

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#197 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
January 08, 2010, 07:45:15 am
I've just gone and got mesen a HTC Hero (or T - Mobile Touch G2), because although I really fancied an iphone,  I didn't fancy paying iphone money, and for 24 quid a month get 1000 minutes of calls and unlimited everything else, a dedicated business account manager, and a 2 year next day replacement warranty.

Who (presumably T-Mobile)/where did you get that deal with and were you already with them?

underground

• forum hero
#198 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
January 08, 2010, 09:29:21 am

Who (presumably T-Mobile)/where did you get that deal with and were you already with them?

Yes, T-mobile.

No - I had a referral from a colleague - he and I also got 25 quid credit for the referral, so it's not a bad deal at all.

If anyone wants to get the same deal the fella's cool with it so PM me for details (you don't have to be 'a business' either)

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#199 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
January 08, 2010, 09:41:45 am
If you are really interested the name Nexus one is a Philip K Dick reference from the book 'Do Androids dream of electric sheep?'. The name of the Androids in the book was Nexus. Philip K Dicks daughter is threatening to sue Google. 

As an aside, we got her an iPhone 3Gs for xmas and whilst I still love my actual keyboard on my blackberry, its pretty fucking cool and my faith is shaken.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal