UKBouldering.com

Sad middle aged male needs SYKE partners for bolted lime. (Read 4239 times)

uptown

• junky
I've not sport climbed since I held BJs ropes on some 8b at Malham several years ago. However, the Rootbitchs video and commentary on Cry freedom over on UKC has sparked my pilot light of enthusiasm to dog this summer.
Anyone out there who'd be needing a belayer for a few sessions at Malham / Kilnsey / CDC, who could reciprocate the flavour? I'd be up for retro-flashing (is that really a term?) some of my old favourites and picking a plum or two in the easy 8's. Be quick to reply, or I'll go hide in my Cliff cave again until Autumn.  :)

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
I think a certain Bearded Person may be interested.

uptown

• junky
I think a certain Bearded Person may be interested.

Once he's finished his soakaway hols. I should mention that midweek and evenings are as good as weekends.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Once he's finished his soakaway hols.

Ain't no holiday, he's establishing the IoM's first 8b :lol:

nik at work

• forum hero
I'll be up for that Uptown. I'll be in touch upon my return from the Isle of Man, assuming I make it back alive....

uptown

• junky

Ha, I've found the tumbleweed.
Maybe the sad middle aged male bit has put you all off. Or the SYKE kiddyism, or the bolted lime bit...
I thought that by offering to be a belay bunny I might pander to someones charitable side, ah well.
I might go peakward tomorrow if anyone has pity on me?

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
I'm more keen for peak than Yorks at the mo, though I'd be keen for Goredale at some point soonish. Think me and Fi are heading to Nettle Buttress down Cheedale tomo if you fancy that. I think you'll like Toys for the Boys

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Roy Moseley was looking for a partner for Yorkshire tomorrow.

uptown

• junky
Cheers, I think I'll be meeting both downt'dale today.
If anyone is keen to hook up during the next week in Yorkshire let me know.

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
off to spain for a couple of weeks tomorrow, but very keen for the yorkshire lime late july / early august. will let you know when back.

uptown

• junky
Great, let me know when you're back. I would've contacted you myself but the Boy reckoned you'd be enjoying clotted creams through the summer.

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
will do, will be very, very keen for malham / kilnsey / gordale. If my arms don't drop off in Rodellar anyway.

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
off to spain for a couple of weeks tomorrow, but very keen for the yorkshire lime late july / early august. will let you know when back.

I'll be around for most of that time, looking at Kilnsey/Goredale area. Let me know when your back from Spain, midweek in particular.

uptown

• junky
My recently found Compadres have abandoned me for other responsibilities, just as I was beginning to get some fitness back - Anyone keen to team up at Malham or Kilnsey this Thursday or Friday?

nik at work

• forum hero
Abandoned? I think not sir. I shall appeal to her ladyship forthwith.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal