UKBouldering.com

Old witch survives a little longer (Read 4762 times)

Dolly

• forum hero
Old witch survives a little longer
June 12, 2009, 01:48:57 pm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8097018.stm

Have to wait for the street party on our road for a bit longer then

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#1 Re: Old witch survives a little longer
June 12, 2009, 10:45:56 pm
Cold bitch  :wave:

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#2 Re: Old witch survives a little longer
June 16, 2009, 08:30:58 pm
Regardless of my distaste for the subject (Ohh and Dolly I still owe you some vino) this is seriously worth reading esp the last clause.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/thatcher-tries-to-close-her-own-ward-200906161830/

tomtom

• forum hero
#3 Re: Old witch survives a little longer
June 16, 2009, 09:06:50 pm
Regardless of my distaste for the subject (Ohh and Dolly I still owe you some vino) this is seriously worth reading esp the last clause.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/thatcher-tries-to-close-her-own-ward-200906161830/

quality article I particularly liked the closing line "Martin Bishop, a former Liverpool dock worker, said he remained in a permanent state of readiness (for her death), adding: "I've got my fireworks, my bunting and two crates of Stella. It's going to be fucking mint."

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#4 Re: Old witch survives a little longer
June 16, 2009, 09:46:03 pm

The sooner her and her stupid fucking children leave the face of this planet the better.

cofe

• forum hero
#5 Re: Old witch survives a little longer
June 16, 2009, 09:53:31 pm
the closing line is funny cos it's true. i'd wager hundreds of thousands of people are waiting to toast her demise.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#6 Re: Old witch survives a little longer
June 17, 2009, 01:51:48 am
i'd wager hundreds of thousands of people are waiting to toast her demise.

Much as I hate the fucking bitch I am hoping she lasts a few years longer (in a coma perhaps) as the stupidly expensive La Chapelle 1990 that I am saving could do with some more cellar time.

But hey ho I am prepared to drink it as and when.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#7 Re: Old witch survives a little longer
June 17, 2009, 09:26:25 am
Another top DM article.

Mr Cat

• menacing presence
    • Flickr
#8 Re: Old witch survives a little longer
June 17, 2009, 11:43:24 am
I'm glad everyone here hates her as much as me...  :great:

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#9 Re: Old witch survives a little longer
June 17, 2009, 11:53:31 am
Just a quick question, why does everyone actually hate Thatcher?

I can understand why many disagreed with her policies, but to hate someone to the point of looking forward to their death is I think quite an unpleasant thing to admit.

Yes she reigned in the power of the unions, yes there was a massive contraction in the UK manufacturing base but most reasoned commentators suggest that the former was necessary and the later was inevitable as a result of the poor management, nationalisation and working practices.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
She deserves hating just for spawning this odious fish headed piece of shit let alone anything else.....

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Shit, isn't that.........

tomtom

• forum hero
Shit, isn't that.........

Obviously not, as mark thatcher 1. got lost in the desert and 2. got nicked for organising a coup.. so he clearly has not got the 2 brain cells to realise when something is a trap!  :)

Slopes, re: why people hate thatcher? go to a working mans club in Co. Durham or Notts, or somewhere around Doncaster, approach a table and say 'Margaret Thatcher. Discuss' and see what happens. Why do people hate her? Well with hindsight you can argue that the change had to happen, but it was done in a particularly cruel, cold and callous way IMHO... You can't completely hide bad news, but theres ways of doing things.... and the way she did things, it was hard to see whether she was actually a human during the 80's...

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Slopes, re: why people hate thatcher? go to a working mans club in Co. Durham or Notts, or somewhere around Doncaster, approach a table and say 'Margaret Thatcher. Discuss' and see what happens. Why do people hate her? Well with hindsight you can argue that the change had to happen, but it was done in a particularly cruel, cold and callous way IMHO... You can't completely hide bad news, but theres ways of doing things.... and the way she did things, it was hard to see whether she was actually a human during the 80's...

Thats fairy-muff, but as Sloper points out to wish death upon her is perhaps a little too extreme, she's not exactly Hitler, Stalin or Pol Pot (although I'm sure some would put her on a par, but she didn't sanction the systematic killing of the populace)

tomtom

• forum hero

Thats fairy-muff, but as Sloper points out to wish death upon her is perhaps a little too extreme, she's not exactly Hitler, Stalin or Pol Pot (although I'm sure some would put her on a par, but she didn't sanction the systematic killing of the populace)

I was a bit hasty in my reply - I was not saying that I hated her/wished her harm - but more trying to explain why I think some people would feel that. If she kaarks it, I won't break out the Stella, but I won't shed a tear either...

Anyway at the risk that this could easily turn into the 'lets not forget what bad things Thatcher did' thread - and thats not an area I particularly want to go down - but it should be said there were alot of bad / shady / wrong things her government did that people don't mention too much nowadays...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
And her son's a cunt.

tomtom

• forum hero

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
...but it should be said there were alot of bad / shady / wrong things her government did that people don't mention too much nowadays...

Nothing changes then  :lol:

I realised it wasn't yourself who wasn't wishing death upon the old battle axe, but others have.  I'm sure Sloper doesn't need to go into a working mens club to understand why people dislike her, but he was questioning why people wanted her to die.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
And her son's a cunt.

So's her daughter.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal