UKBouldering.com

Tedious political thread, please ignore if you're above politics (Read 95073 times)

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
Nick Griffin gets some public feedback.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8091666.stm

Ubermenchen? Not really. ;D

St Hubbins

• stalker
  • Where the magic happens...
Jesus that bald guy at the start of the video has a medicine ball for a head!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Good stuff. Run away Griffin you twat.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

The BNP winning these seats will hopefully be the worst thing to ever happen to them.

After seeing the results of their inaction manifested, I'm hoping that people will be shaken out of voting apathy next time.

They received less votes than last time, but gained seats.

dave

I think a few years ago in austia two far right parties (for some reason austia seems to retain a lingering affection for fascism) formed a colaition and between then had the majority vote, got into government etc. however the following election these parties got a trouncing as all the people who voted for them as a protest realised what a nasty shower of shite they were. hopefully a similar thing will happen here.

Sloper

• forum hero
Exactly Bubba, once they're exposed for who and what they are their support will revert to the fascists and nutters rather than misguided and misinformed voters.

I am however less inclined to belief that voter participation will increase on the back of the BNP vote, Labour's might well do for they can now play the 'you stayed at home and see what happened card...

I do hope that the BNP now is asked, as all parties are (I think), to ensure that they're taking steps to ensure that the equality agenda is met  ::) I'd love to see the BNP advertising for an equal opportunities officer....

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
I'm really disappointed Griffin hasn't the balls to wear a crew-cut.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

Whilst they are a legitimate political party then they should be allowed free speech like any other.

Whilst it's quite funny to see such a vile man silenced in such a way, it's not going to help anything. The protesters went too far imo.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Nah. I thought about that for about a second. Fuck him.

He'll have plenty of opportunity to get his points across. Already has and that will only increase with his MEP gravy train position. This just shows that people aren't always going to let him do so without a bit of disruption.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
Why would you want to silence a stupid man?  [He's doing a great job for the BNP.]

It's this kind of behaviour which stopped my involvement w/ the ANL some years ago.  When the shit hits the fan, they send the horses in, fuck my right to protest then.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I completely agree with the "give em enough rope" theory but I also believe there is nothing wrong with showing these cunts first hand that their fascist views being given airtime is wholly unacceptable to many people. The ideas are not mutually exclusive.

And Griffin looking like he's going to cry cos he's been hit by an egg is very funny too.

Sloper

• forum hero
I do think that the BNP should be given a platform and subject to well researched rigorous and searching questioning and that you shout down extremist parties at your peril.  I've consistently argued that the policy of denying them a platform was bound to backfire and it has, then again 'the left' is as anti democratic as the far right, in as much as they only want debate if you agree with them as ably demonstrated by the UAF spokesperson.

But then again the supposed hard men running from a crowd of what 20? Not exactly in line with their self image.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
It is rather galling these cunts will benefit from £80k salaries, huge amounts for expenses and staffing, little of which needs to be evidenced and if they form a bloc with other right wing nazi cunts they can get hold of a bite of a cherry worth £22m! Cunts.  :furious:

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/politics/domestic_politics/european+funding+to+benefit+bnp/3202362

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
(for some reason austia seems to retain a lingering affection for fascism)

When Hitler's original nationality was pointed out to some Austrian friends last year they pointed out that they did kick him out, although Wiki can't substantiate this.

Sloper

• forum hero
Ok, here's a quick one, who lives in the North West and didn't vote? Chanes are that there's a few on here.

Had the muppets at UKIP gained another 1000 votes Griffin wouldn't have been elected, I think if another 8,000 in Yorkshire and Humber had voted for any of the main three parties the other BNP arsehole wouldn't have been elected.

We have in the UK a stiffled and poorly informed political debate, for example some 'traditional' Labour supporters in the Sheaf last week were still banging on about the fact that some of the Tories were at Eton, which of course is true but then again from memory the Chancellor was at Loretto's, Blair was at Fettes and I think well over half the Cabinet were at selective or public schools, including the PM.

Personally when it comes to arguing politics, as I think you're aware :whistle: I'm a bit like martini 'any time, any place, anywhere' as I don't think discussing politics is ever tedious or ever a waste of breath.

Clart

• obsessive maniac
  • Safe as f*ck
Now as much as I disagree with the BNP's policies, freedom of speech is freedom of speech. People gave up for their lives for it and despite the incumbent government trying their utmost to undermine it we should be celebrating that all political views are given a platform. As Sloper says; they can then be subjected to open and rigorous debate. Much better out in the open than allowed to fester and grow through ignorance and repression.

tomtom

• forum hero
I'm really disappointed Griffin hasn't the balls to wear a crew-cut.

That would reveal the 666 on his scalp....

tomtom

• forum hero

Had the muppets at UKIP gained another 1000 votes Griffin wouldn't have been elected, I think if another 8,000 in Yorkshire and Humber had voted for any of the main three parties the other BNP arsehole wouldn't have been elected.

Well I did my bit but... I was shocked to see that here in Hull 10% voted BNP. 10%.
I WAS shocked until I saw that 18% in Barnsley had voted BNP... nearly 1 in 5. Christ...

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Now as much as I disagree with the BNP's policies, freedom of speech is freedom of speech. People gave up for their lives for it and despite the incumbent government trying their utmost to undermine it we should be celebrating that all political views are given a platform. As Sloper says; they can then be subjected to open and rigorous debate. Much better out in the open than allowed to fester and grow through ignorance and repression.

:agree: that way they can be heckled, shamed and have eggs thrown at them for being complete and utter pieces of shit.

dave

freedom of speech is one thing but it doesn't give them free reign to infract upon other laws like inciting racial hatred etc. I believe that they will hang themselves given enough rope as they seem mostly to be idiots, the biggotry will always shine through. They are bound to come unstuck one way or another. bearing in mind their pro-rape stance for example, I can't imaing that endearing them to at least 50% of the population.

“I’ve never understood why so many men have allowed themselves to be brainwashed by the myth machine into
believing that rape is such a serious crime...Rape is simply sex. Women enjoy it, so rape cannot be such a terrible
physical ordeal. To suggest that rape, when conducted without violence is a serious crime is like suggesting that
forcefeeding a women chocolate cake is a heinous crime. Women would be more inconvenienced by having her
handbag snatched.”
Nick Eriksen fromer BNP candidate
24th August 2005

I am confused however by their current line of "we're not racists" given that in previous TV interviews adolf griffin has explicitly stated that they were racist and proud of it (So we've got contradictory statememts, backpedalling....maybe they're better equipped to be politicians than we thought).

Sloper

• forum hero
My god that really I quite outrageous! As I've repeatedly said they need the oxygen of publicity as that's the only way they can combust.

Incidentally I used to troll the BNP forum when it wasn't members only, really good value it was too. I can remember one where I needed to employ a cleaner for my mother and wasn't sure whether to go for a black woman who was born in London or a white polish immigrant.  Another favourite was why Pte Beharry (sp) didn't desrve the VC for his sort are used to fighting in the jungle so it wasn't really brave at all.

I guess they thought a public forum was just too risky :-[

tomtom

• forum hero
“I’ve never understood why so many men have allowed themselves to be brainwashed by the myth machine into
believing that rape is such a serious crime...Rape is simply sex. Women enjoy it, so rape cannot be such a terrible
physical ordeal. To suggest that rape, when conducted without violence is a serious crime is like suggesting that
forcefeeding a women chocolate cake is a heinous crime. Women would be more inconvenienced by having her
handbag snatched.”
Nick Eriksen fromer BNP candidate
24th August 2005

F*ck. Thats outrageous. I am gobsmacked by that. Its just wrong from so many angles.

Sloper

• forum hero
Wrong from all angles.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal