UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1363238 times)

rich d

• forum hero
I'd be glad to not go back to the new wembley. Been there three times. Saw steve mctwat stood with his umbrella whilst england failed to qualify, saw Leeds get beat by Doncatraz Rovers and their 15fans in the play off final, and saw Leeds Rhino's get well and truly butt raped by Warrington last year.
Each time it cost me a fortune, and had a shit night out afterwards.
Old Trafford may be home to the scum, but it's a decent stadium that you can get out of without queing for two hours for the tube up Wembley way.

tomtom

• forum hero
:-\ Sorry you are not important enough

The league 1 and 2 play off final has been moved to old trafford. Fucking great ...
your once in a life time oppertunity to get to wembley to see your team play there.

oh by the way your not important enough to play there. They decided to play the champions league final on a saturday instead of a wednesday (as it has been for years) so we have decided you can play at old trafford.

To be honest - having been to both Wemberley and Old Trafford - I would say that old Trafford is probably a better place to watch the game in many ways... Both are large modern Stadiums - but as old Trafford is a bit 'tighter packed' than Wembley you can probably get a better atmosphere. Wembley has this row of exec boxes in the middle and its quite gently angled - so you get an alright view but you do feel a long way from the game (well I did when I saw 'ull win the play off final). OK, I know old Trafford doesnt have the best of atmospheres but thats only when ManU play there  ;D Playoff finals are a bit odd anyway, as all the fans get mixed up, so the hardcore chant starters get mixed in with everyone else and its a bit hard to get the atmosphere going..

OK, you're right that its not Wembley - and there is the whole big day out - go to the big smoke - walk down wembley way etc.. shizzle.. But its not the easiest to get to for everyone - and is f*cking expensive. Plus if you really hate ManU, you can always take a big dump on the floor and 'ahem' leave your mark  ;D

Jasper - you're not going to need the playoffs.. If I were bookies I'd stop taking money on BHAFC making it...

Just seen Rich D's post..
I'd be glad to not go back to the new wembley.....
Each time it cost me a fortune, and had a shit night out afterwards.
Old Trafford may be home to the scum, but it's a decent stadium that you can get out of without queing for two hours for the tube up Wembley way.

:agree:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Plus if you really hate ManU, you can always take a big dump on the floor and 'ahem' leave your mark  ;D

We went to see some exhibition game there a few years back with a mate who's a scum supporter. Scum v a World XI with Zidane and a load of other such famous fuckers playing. It was dull as fuck so me and the Mrs left shortly after half time.

On the way out I pissed all over the shiny glass front of the stadium, this made the trip worthwhile.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
shame they didn't choose the Millenium Stadium 'cause that's an awesome stadium and a great hassle-free day out, train drops off right in the city minutes from the ground, loads of pubs, eateries etc.  Better than Wembley or OT in terms of Stadium, transport, facilities.

mrconners

• menacing presence
:-\ Sorry you are not important enough

The league 1 and 2 play off final has been moved to old trafford. Fucking great ...
your once in a life time oppertunity to get to wembley to see your team play there.

oh by the way your not important enough to play there. They decided to play the champions league final on a saturday instead of a wednesday (as it has been for years) so we have decided you can play at old trafford.

A friend of mine said when he goes to the Derby at the swamp he refuses to touch anything then throws his shoes away when he leaves.
Effort.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
you can always take a big dump on the floor and 'ahem' leave your mark  ;D
I did something similar to bellend road [size=8]ahem[/size] ..

its more the fact I think there is a chance we will get there this year but thats it for finals for at least another decade realistically and I promised myself I would not go to new wembley until I am off to watch hudds play there.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
Damn it! Took Berbatov out for Tevez.  :furious:

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Got him as captain, plus Nani in the side, but still feel  :'(

(do you not check the fixtures before making transfers, UTd playing twice this week vs Blues and Blackpool... )

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
How long have you two been doing this job lads?

That red light you can see?

It means the micophone is live.

age of chivalry "not dead" claim SkyŽ

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
This story is brilliant. Couldn't have happened to a nicer pair (of total cunts).

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Seems "the rules" have been conveniently forgotten in the Spurs v West Ham stadium row:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympic_games/london_2012/9371221.stm

tomtom

• forum hero
A day in the car listening to 5 live has made me think about 2 things they've been debating all day...

1. Richard Keys and Andy Gray. What a pair of dicks. They should be heavily disciplined and made to do some diversity training (as everyone at my work place has to..). They should say sorry in person at least!

2. The Spurs/Wham stadium row. What a ferking stupid situation. When the statium was first designed, they should have done what they did at the Stade de France, made the first row of seats c.4-5m higher than the edge of the running track. Then - you can bring in a bank of seats below that - covering the running track thus running right up to the edge of the pitch. Instead, they've designed an athletics track which will work great as an athletics track, but will be a crock of shit as a footy pitch. If EVERY fan is 10m+ further away from the action (especially at the goal ends) then its useless as a footy stadium.

Spurs plan to rip up the stadium, build a new footy one and use bits of the old one for a new stadium in C.palace is the best idea - even though it sounds bonkers... West Ham wont fill a stadium that big, and I bet 5 years after taking it over they'll move, and the thing will be flattened. Its all very well Lord Coe saying Spurs plan is discgraceful etc.. but he should have thuoght about what happens to it before hand. Twat.

Anyway, I suspect fans from either club will see it as loosing if their club 'wins' if you get what I mean.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Hopefully they'll give it to West Ham who (after getting relegated) will fail to get more than about 10,000 to attend and will go into administration.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
That pair of cunts get the treatment in the guardian this week, mixed bag as always:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/gallery/2011/jan/25/the-gallery-avram-grant?CMP=twt_gu

I so hope we do them tomorrow, cheeky fuckers have already published ticket details:

http://www.whufc.com/articles/20110120/carling-cup-pre-registration_2236884_2267259

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Sun May 22nd?

UKB FF league 'last day of the season'

Pub - Manc? Sheffield? Peak? Landudno? All games kickoff at 16:00 so we could maybe meet and go climbing first then have a few beers whilst the results roll in.

Waddyareckon?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Good plan however I'll be on the way back from Font. Probably stopping over in Brighton or somewhere.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Andy Gray's been sacked.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Read that Holloway thing earlier, it is quality.

About Grey:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/25/andy-gray-sacked-sky?CMP=twt_gu

He can meet up for a lager-top with Big Ron now and have a good ol moan about the state of the modern game

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I'm fucking gutted that (it looks as if) Keys is going to get away with it. Sack the smug hairy handed greaseball!!

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Looks like it's a repeat offence for Grey.

Gray and Keys being sexist...again.

And the comments Grey made on the day weren't the first time that he made them that day

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Interesting how all this leaked footage has appeared. Almost as if someone important at Sky was out to discredit Gray. He's not pissed anybody off recently has he.....?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/jan/18/news-world-andy-gray-password

.......I can't think of anyone.  :shrug:

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
no, not a scooby...

(and I have no idea why I've been calling him grey not gray).

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams

ANDY GRAY. In future, remember that understanding employment conduct rules is probably more important than the offside rule

philo

• forum hero

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal