UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1344472 times)

Dolly

• forum hero
#5825 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 04, 2023, 09:09:22 pm
Why all the lazy stereotyping of football fans ?
Drives me nuts how white male climbers get on their high horses about it.
Yes there are loads of idiots that go to watch football as there are if you walk down the road.

Love and peace x

edshakey

• forum abuser
#5826 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 05, 2023, 12:02:43 am
Why all the lazy stereotyping of football fans ?
Drives me nuts how white male climbers get on their high horses about it.
Yes there are loads of idiots that go to watch football as there are if you walk down the road.

Love and peace x
Maybe I didn't make it obvious - I say mine from the point of view of a frequent lower league attendee, making a tongue in cheek comment. I'd happily defend football fans, no high horse, but the stereotype definitely holds true for a tiny minority (the description I provided is unfortunately accurate). Shame they give a bad rep to the rest of us! Equally a shame that the idiots in wider society take the attention from plenty of nicer people :)

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#5827 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 05, 2023, 10:42:50 am
Goal in the first half. Goalless second half but for an equaliser at the final whistle end of the 90 then 7 mins of extra stoppage time.

Funny how a late equaliser makes a draw feel like a victory for one side and a loss for the other isn’t it? Decent result for Mansfield considering we had three players injured in the first 35 minutes.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#5828 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 05, 2023, 06:20:38 pm
Weirdly I don't recognise the official timing of the second goal. The Bradford fans were cheering as the clock ticked round to 90 mins and the next second it had gone in. Mansfield deserved the goal. The last 20 mins or so it was very lively with lots of chances for them.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#5829 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 05, 2023, 06:59:13 pm
The 91st minute starts when the clock shows 90.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#5830 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 06, 2023, 08:25:02 am
 :slap:

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
Anyone else watching the women’s World Cup?

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground

my father. enthusiastically. He screamed himself hoarse today

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
 ;D I take it he’s French.

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
Swedish

galpinos

• forum hero

Trying to, though difficult with work. My eldest was on tenterhooks through the Denmark match, repeatedly diving into my teams calls with updates on the action.

sherlock

• obsessive maniac
Not a big football fan generally but quite enjoy major tournaments.
I've been watching with half an eye.
Germany Colombia yesterday was tremendous.
Not particularly impressed with England so far.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
Are we doing a league this season? I need to redeem myself after very poor last season.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
Just renewed the league  :thumbsup:

Join here!

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
Good man

petejh

• forum hero
2030 world cup to be played in Spain, Portugal, Morocco... (and first three games to be played in Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay). FIFA to re-plant Amazon basin to offset.   

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Utterly idiotic. How to make a major tournament as unenvironmental as possible.

gme

• forum hero
What a night as a Newcastle supporter.

To see our team go from the low point of Ashleys ownership to beating PSG 4-1 in champions league in two years is beyond my wildest dreams. Nice to see my two lads experiencing some excitement have only known the Ashley years. 

I'm sure there are many saying we have bought the success, and yes the money helps, but the biggest change is Howe, he is going to be one of the great managers in a few years. Best man management i have seen.

As a note 3 of the 4 goals scored were from players written off as failures in the Ashley era and the other was from Dan Burn who we signed for 13m. Burn and Longstaff born and bred Geordies and life long NUFC fans. Old school players who will do anything for the club.

sxrxg

• obsessive maniac
Big NNFN in FPL. Meant to play my free hit this week. Thought I had. Logged in and apparently I wildcarded instead. Now stuck with a team of jokers and no team value. Disappointed as was in the top 2k. Anyway there is always next year. Think I'm done with it for this season after this rookie error.

bolehillbilly

• stalker
Big NNFN in FPL. Meant to play my free hit this week. Thought I had. Logged in and apparently I wildcarded instead. Now stuck with a team of jokers and no team value. Disappointed as was in the top 2k. Anyway there is always next year. Think I'm done with it for this season after this rookie error.

Stick with it, top 2k is proper impressive but it's all about the RKEM II.

sxrxg

• obsessive maniac
I suppose I do still now have the free hit for a double gameweek which will be fun. Also still got the triple captain as forgot to activate that! Not having a great season with the chips.

Taken an early -8 on the transfers and next week's team looks ok. Think it was the shock after planning the team for a while and being totally in on the free hit that made me want to rage quit. At least now my team will be non template and I should at least either rise or fall each week...

bolehillbilly

• stalker
I suppose I do still now have the free hit for a double gameweek which will be fun. Also still got the triple captain as forgot to activate that! Not having a great season with the chips.

Taken an early -8 on the transfers and next week's team looks ok. Think it was the shock after planning the team for a while and being totally in on the free hit that made me want to rage quit. At least now my team will be non template and I should at least either rise or fall each week...

Last week was pretty unpredictable and low scoring so I don't think you've lost too much in the R-KEM II if you can pull back a decent squad for a small cost. Most folk seem to have used used up their free hit with little gain, definitely wasted mine.
It's been a good turn out this season so hopefully will stay competitive until the end.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal