UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1351178 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
and got his voice back :)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
And stopped crying  :'(

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
still alive and still cant believe it.
I was completely sober through the game as I was driving. My nephew tried to talk to me just before the shoot out I had to send him away.

The tuesday nights away losing at yeovil with work the next morning seem like a distant memory

I am just so happy for my nephew he has not had to live through the dross I have.

So glad I bought my (£199) season ticket now. Man Utd is coming to Huddersfield

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
Football League kicked off again today- we're considered contenders not just for promotion but for the League Two title! The first match didn't live up to the hype with a 2-2 draw, but we came from behind twice- we only managed that twice all season a couple of years back. Meanwhile our supposed title rivals put 8 past Yeovil...

Is the UKB fantasy league happening this year? :poke:

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
 Fantasy league code- 2582497-606729

tomtom

• forum hero
Fantasy league code- 2582497-606729

Nice one. I'm in. 

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Nice one Cheque - me too for the first time in a few years.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Good luck this season Mike

My season starts at 7am Saturday and a long drive to London 9 of us in 2 cars for the first ever premier league match in our history

jfdm

• obsessive maniac
This weeks hottest footie property, ousmane dembele.
Guardian readers cobbled together the following property list which made me laugh. ;D

He could link up well with Ryan Maisonette
He's the next Stewart Two-Up-Two-Downing
Ruben Loftus-conversion.
Brendan Bungaloway
Fernando Recondo
He's a real des-Mahrez.
Doer-Upper Mertesacker
It will be sad to see him leave Stade Rennaisvatio
Tony Casarino
Could always pop in a Lionel Messanine floor for effect?
John Terraced
Anyway, I'm not sure a big club would be the Rightmove for him at this stage.
Flat Frank Lampard
Josemi-Detached

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Forgot to update my FF squad in time... I bet half my team are playing each other  :wall:

tomtom

• forum hero
I'm. Not. Last!!!

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
Football League kicked off again today- we're considered contenders not just for promotion but for the League Two title!

After it looking like the playoffs (at least) were a certainty for most of the season, we just missed out on them by three points- we were relying on winning ourselves (we drew) and Lincoln losing their match (they drew too) which is a bit galling considering how many of their squad (every one of their strikers for example) are players we’ve released in the past...

It all went wrong when Steve Evans, somewhat predictably, left us as soon as the job at the club closest to his house became available. He’s an embarrassment to have associated with your club but he gave Mansfield the un-Mansfield-like abilities to go on unbeaten runs, come from behind and rescue points in injury time, which are obviously the things you need to get up and stay up the table.

Now we have David Flitcroft who’s got us 12 points from 12 matches to close the season and secure our fourth tier status for another season- back to normal basically.  :yawn:

How did everyone else’s season go?

tomtom

• forum hero
Shit.
(Hull)

Relegated but still with a good squad. Owners have ground the club and supporters down. Two managers later - several thousand (including myself) season ticket holders have left (membership scheme so you could cancel at any time). Adkins (manager #2) eventually managed to stem our free fall and we ended the season 18th - though this was undoubtably helped by the shitness of teams around us at the bottom.

Most of the team are leaving at the end of the season (contracts up - not wanting to renew) and supporter apathy is rife. Still no concessions for young, old or disabled - and the club is very unattractive for any suitors (owners trying to sell).

Not sure where it goes from here...

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
That season ticket scheme at Hull is crackers- a great example of when bonkers owners stubbornly pursue their clearly unworkable ideas.

You must still have another season of “parachute payments” left though? That’s got to add to the club’s appeal to buyers.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Grim news about Alex Ferguson.  I hope our lot behave themselves today and don't sing that song.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
Shit.
(Hull)

Not sure where it goes from here...

Don't try and copy us  :furious:

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
Crikey, strong stuff here.  I was aware of the rumours about the pill-popping Cruyft Ajax side and the Operation Puerto links with Spanish teams, but to see it laid this bare is still shocking.  Mr Mackenna is evidently in the Zero-Fucks-Given stage re favour with Real and Barca!

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/other-soccer/ewan-mackenna-there-are-murky-questions-surrounding-spanish-footballs-golden-era-and-people-might-not-like-the-answers-36943284.html

old cheese

• obsessive maniac
  • does my arse look big in this
Champions league final tomorrow. On bt sport which I have not got. I read somewhere it will be available for free from bt, possible on the bt YouTube channel. Has anyone got knowledge on this as my anxiety will rise over the day tomorrow at the thought of heading to some sweaty pub with my 10year Old if I cannot get it on the TV in my living room?

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
Explains it here you just go the BT Sport YouTube page apparently, linked in the article. It was news to me so cheers for the heads up!

tomtom

• forum hero
I’m on a stag do in Margate tomorrow eve. Hoping it’ll provide some structure to the evening!!!

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
I'm being forced to watch this sorry excuse for a sport because the world cup is on. 30 minutes into Spain Portugal and I count 4 dives already. WTF? Is this normal? Embarrassing to watch.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
I'm being forced to watch this sorry excuse for a sport because the world cup is on. 30 minutes into Spain Portugal and I count 4 dives already. WTF? Is this normal? Embarrassing to watch.

Pretty good game to make the exception for to be fair.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento

I really would avoid football if that game was unbearable. To me, that was one of the best World Cup group rounds game I've ever seen (they are usually very cagey affairs).

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
Don't cry for me Argentina. Well no I doubt if many of us will  :tease:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal