UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1358769 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
#5500 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 15, 2016, 11:08:56 am
We're Phelan good...

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#5501 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 15, 2016, 11:57:03 am
Yeah he's doing a great job.  Beating the champs on the first day has really put the wind into Hull's sails.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#5502 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 15, 2016, 12:07:01 pm
As a Manchester United fan, this season is starting to turn extremely worrying despite the early promise....  I'm fairly confident we'll be at least challenging for the title and will be back in the Champions League next season

:boohoo:

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#5503 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 15, 2016, 07:53:43 pm
As a Manchester United fan, this season is starting to turn extremely worrying  ..nightmare!!!!

Indeed....

tomtom

• forum hero
#5504 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 15, 2016, 07:58:57 pm
As a Manchester United fan, this season is starting to turn extremely worrying  ..nightmare!!!!

Indeed....

From an outsiders point of view Joses Manu look a metric gigafuckton better than LVH's ambling soldiers...

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#5505 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 15, 2016, 08:22:19 pm
Not on tonight's evidence... (sorry Shabar) they looked very pedestrian and confused.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#5506 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 15, 2016, 09:03:01 pm
With Huddersfield flying high, this thread needs Grubes' input!

Again possibly another example of how a really good coach can transform players - isn't Wagner a Klopp-apostle?

tomtom

• forum hero
#5507 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 15, 2016, 09:19:46 pm
Not on tonight's evidence... (sorry Shabar) they looked very pedestrian and confused.

Didn't realise they were in the Europa League ;)

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#5508 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 27, 2016, 08:51:42 pm
Crazy shit with Big Sam.

Wonder if we can take him back and sack Moyes off?!

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#5509 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 27, 2016, 09:08:01 pm
£400,000 to bin a career worth 10 x £millions. Dickhead with lack of judgement. So no Mike, Moyles can stay.

(Not looking good so far but as I am dyed in the wool I will keep the faith)

JamieG

• forum hero
#5510 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 28, 2016, 11:42:45 am
Did you see Chico Flores' opinion on it. Totally hilarious and stupid.

https://twitter.com/ChicoFlores12/status/780729209081724928

Its in reference to this classic moment.

tomtom

• forum hero
#5511 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
September 28, 2016, 03:20:12 pm
Who's big Sam?

Makes Mike Basset England Manager seems feasible rather than satire..

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#5512 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
November 16, 2016, 05:56:59 pm
This afternoon we've surprisingly appointed obese crook Steve Evans as manager. "The rollercoaster starts here" apparently... :look:

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#5513 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
December 10, 2016, 07:09:02 pm
Pep Guardiola.. What an incredible talent.  City with basically the same squad as last year look like a completely different team.  We look so composed and aggressive, attacking every loose ball or when losing possession and every player running all over the pitch with ridiculous passing ability.  It's frighteningly good football... Be afraid, very afraid.

Whoops  :-[

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#5514 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 06, 2017, 11:53:26 am
With Huddersfield flying high, this thread needs Grubes' input!
you called.
Town are playing fantastic. A few of my mates have quit playing football on a Saturday so getting a good group of us going to matches regularly so been great to go and enjoy the matches.
Wagner was klopps assistant. He has really built a team.we do not have the best players. We have not spent a lot of money but we are a team and work as a team.
Wagner has been great with his signings getting players out of the German lower leagues that know one knows who they are.
This is the best I have ever seen Huddersfield play in my 20+ years of watching.

Bring on man city

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#5515 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 06, 2017, 03:02:05 pm
Town are playing fantastic. A few of my mates have quit playing football on a Saturday so getting a good group of us going to matches regularly so been great to go and enjoy the matches.
Wagner was klopps assistant. He has really built a team.we do not have the best players. We have not spent a lot of money but we are a team and work as a team.
Wagner has been great with his signings getting players out of the German lower leagues that know one knows who they are.
This is the best I have ever seen Huddersfield play in my 20+ years of watching.

;D I'd love to see Huddersfield in the Prem. Looks like you might have to win the playoffs to get there though.

The Steve Evans effect seems to have kicked in at Mansfield- we've scored 11 and conceded 1 in 2017 and haven't lost since I last went on Boxing Day  ::) Chesterfield in the Division One relegation zone too.

tomtom

• forum hero

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#5517 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 07, 2017, 04:26:30 pm
Good old "no knowledge of the English leagues".  :wank: You'd think Merson would know better given that it was the same criticism leveled at Wenger. Doesn't seem to be stopping Conte either.

I'd love to see a reality show where Merson actually attempted to manage Olympiacos.

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#5518 Re: Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread)
February 23, 2017, 08:19:53 pm
Poor Claudio Ranieri  :sorry:

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
So an unbelievable season comes to a close Brighton are in the premier league and Huddersfield are in the play offs actually thinking about it only Newcastle in the championship top 6 are getting parachute payments?

It's been a great year for Huddersfield my first trip to the etihad enjoying going to matches again I actually bought a season ticket for the first time in 4 years I think. So looking forward to next season wherever we may be

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Terrible what Huddersfield did at the weekend.  Now a team who haven't performed for the previous 44 games could go down just because they want to earn an £80m promotion.  No respect.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
We have done more for Blackburn's survival this season by being absolutely wank and gifting them 4 points,

than we did playing a team that held man city to a 0-0 draw

tregiffian

• stalker
  • Struggling
The Bantams are going to Wemberlee (again). Better chance of success this time I fancy.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
After spending most of the time since Christmas "in and around" (as Alan Shearer would say) the playoff spots and despite having one of the best defences in League 2, Mansfield finished in 12th.  :boohoo: I guess that just what happens when you don't have a consistent goalscorer and have the toughest run-in of any of a very tight top half.

Still, mid-table in the 4th tier is where we've been for most of my life so not so bad. Chesterfield finished rock bottom of League 2 as well, so there's also a chance we'll finish above them for the first time in about 15 years next season.

I reckon it's a good chance as well. I still don't like or admire Steve Evans but he's working wonders- got us winning at home (Field Mill is the sort of place where I imagine savvy managers have always briefed their teams along the lines of "stop them getting a shot in the first 20 minutes and their fans will win this for us"), gone a long way to introducing a general air of basic competence around the club and his hectoring, abusive, conniving presence on the touchline undeniably gets us results- the points we dropped in the period he was banned for in March would have seen us in the playoffs for sure...

tomtom

• forum hero
So its shit or bust today for Hull City... If we win, it nicely drags Palace into what would be a three contender relegation final day...

But we probably wont. Still, at least its a 12 noon kick off so there's plenty of the day left to be sullen and grumpy...

:)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal