UKBouldering.com

Balls to Fiend (The Football Thread) (Read 1344196 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
What our relegation does show though is how mismanagement can severely fuck up a club, no matter what size support they have.

Like Leeds you mean?  :whistle:

And Man City previously...?

Anyway... it looks like ManU will have £80 to spend soon... that and Kaka's millions means theres an extra £140 million floating around in the summer transfer market...

Dolly

• forum hero
I'm not sure how Man U will spend their money.
Depends if they want to keep the "lazy prince of darkness" Berbatov and if Tevez stays IMO.
Did anyone see Ecuador against Argentina last night after the Andorra match ?
Tevez looked great playing up front with Messi

tomtom

• forum hero
Depends if they want to keep the "lazy prince of darkness" Berbatov...

Funny, SAF seems to have a habit of signing expensive not entirely successful players with an uncanny resemblance to Satan..  :-\

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Yeah he does doesn't he........

How long before this ends up on "shit, isn't that....."?

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams

Maybe they'll just buy newcastle?

philo

• forum hero

dont diss forlan, he's not european top scorer for nothing!
and on the atletico note, i hope aguero doesnt go to chelsea i want him to stay

tomtom

• forum hero

I think you should do it Jasper.. a pre-emptive strike  :)

tomtom

• forum hero
Of course its just not the devil, some manU players also have certain equine connections... Ronaldo, show pony.. Phil Neville (need I say any more).. Tevez...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Van Nistelhorse.

Tevez reminds me of a Fraggle.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
The question I was pondering was "How can Real Madrid afford Ronaldo (and Kaka)?". Found a link to this interesting article on Twitter.

Be interesting to see if "Galacticos Mark II" actually works. The project was rather hit and miss the last time Perez tried it.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
...........and it appears that the marketing strategy is already working with retards like this!

Quote from: Kyle the fuckwit from Indiana
i swear to holy jesus i am now a REAL MADRID fan, as well as Chelsea like always. now i got my spanish and english teams ready to go! haha

:wall:

tomtom

• forum hero

Be interesting to see if "Galacticos Mark II" actually works. The project was rather hit and miss the last time Perez tried it.

Have not read the article yet, but the Idea of Galacticos II(tm) is a great one.. Totally out of line with global recession etc.. but great fantasy football! Real as the global brand will surely benefit?

PS - how could I have forgotten about nistlehorse.. who may be returning to 'earn his spurs' (groan...)

tomtom

• forum hero

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
All the best stuff is on the Facebook Group Let's All Laugh at Newcastle. I am of course a member

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=96635811480&ref=ts

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
I know nothing of football, but I suspect some may find this amusing...

<-- Clikety-clcik for BBC News story

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Echo?  ;)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Echo?  ;)

Echo Echo Echo Echo Echo Echo Echo Echo Echo

:oops: Should have looked through the thread first, not one I've been following though as I don't watch football, apologies.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Taxi for Tevez?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/14/carlos-tevez-manchester-united-sir-alex-ferguson

It looks as if United have really ballsed the Tevez situation up. If Gill had handled the possibility of signing him in a less arrogant fashion and Ferguson had used the departure of the wanker to persuade him he'd be more likely to start games then I reckon he'd have stayed.

Apparently the cash from Real will be paid in four installments of £20m over four years. Factoring in the £70m a year that the Glazers need to pay in interest, will Ferguson really have the massive spending power everyone is predicting to replace Ronaldo and Tevez? Even if he does and he blows another £30m on a player who has as much influence as Berbatov did last season then United will really miss the two forwards they are losing.

With all this, coupled with Scholes, Giggs etc knocking on a bit and only playing bit parts now, us Scum haters have reason to at least be a tiny bit optimistic! Now if only those rumours about Vidic leaving were true...................

tomtom

• forum hero
Taxi for Tevez?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/14/carlos-tevez-manchester-united-sir-alex-ferguson

It looks as if United have really ballsed the Tevez situation up. If Gill had handled the possibility of signing him in a less arrogant fashion and Ferguson had used the departure of the wanker to persuade him he'd be more likely to start games then I reckon he'd have stayed.

Apparently the cash from Real will be paid in four installments of £20m over four years. Factoring in the £70m a year that the Glazers need to pay in interest, will Ferguson really have the massive spending power everyone is predicting to replace Ronaldo and Tevez? Even if he does and he blows another £30m on a player who has as much influence as Berbatov did last season then United will really miss the two forwards they are losing.

With all this, coupled with Scholes, Giggs etc knocking on a bit and only playing bit parts now, us Scum haters have reason to at least be a tiny bit optimistic! Now if only those rumours about Vidic leaving were true...................

Vidic'll get injured this season. He's had a good run and odds are something'll go wrong. Great player, even though he always makes me think of the film 'universal soldier'...

Interesting the Real money is only in installments! Its amazing how many deals are not just cash up front.. Ha! Though I liked the way Ferguson popped the 'we want torres' comment in last week just to get Scouse hearts beating faster...

Sounds like Glen Johnson might be heading to Liverpool soon - and that is eased financially, as Pompey still owe the reds some of Crouches transfer dues...

Aside from the Ronaldododododo saga its all be rather dull so far... I suspect at a few places things are hanging in the balance whilst takeovers progress...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Sounds like Glen Johnson might be heading to Liverpool soon - and that is eased financially, as Pompey still owe the reds some of Crouches transfer dues...

Correct.

tomtom

• forum hero

Correct.

Has anyone managed to put a .pdf (or whatever) of Michael Owens 34 page transfer resume online yet?
Might be worth a chuckle! wonder how he'd look in black and amber  :)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams

Has anyone managed to put a .pdf (or whatever) of Michael Owens 34 page transfer resume online yet?
Might be worth a chuckle! wonder how he'd look in black and amber  :)

Something like anyway:

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8751_5382051,00.html

Next season's fixtures are out tomorrow, shouldn't really be as exciting as it is.

Dolly

• forum hero
Vidic'll get injured this season. He's had a good run and odds are something'll go wrong. Great player, even though he always makes me think of the film 'universal soldier'...

Who'd win in a fight then ?

Vidic or Skrtel (so hard he only needs one vowel)

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
Next season's fixtures are out tomorrow

Can Gav or someone let me know the dates of the 2009/2010 Tyne Wear Premiership derbys are as soon as possible. I have to make sure they don't clash with my hot dates with Natalie Portman  ;)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Looks like they've been postponed indefinitely Graeme.  The Mags kick off with the Baggies, followed by Reading and Sheff Wed, about as glamorous as it's going to get for them.  Boro comes to terms with the reality of the Championship 3rd game with a trip to Scunthorpe.  Probably won't really hit home for Newcastle until they find themselves in the temporary seating in the pissing rain at Blackpool wondering where the rest of the ground is.

In the Premier ManU's luck has run out, they face the hardest possible start at home to the mighty Blues then travel to Burnley so they'll be playing catch up on everyone else.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal