UKBouldering.com

Long Tor Quarry/ Dovedale Arch Enemies conditions tomorrow (Sunday 26th May) (Read 5730 times)

Gus

• obsessive maniac
  • Smash It In!
Anyone been to check out either of these venues recently?

I'm not expecting cool, pukka temps but does anyone know if either are at least dry, amd thinging "The boltest" or "arch enemies" routes wise.

Cheers crew!

leeroy

• forum abuser
the arch was dry last sunday man. get to it.

Gus

• obsessive maniac
  • Smash It In!

The Runt

Had a quick look at Long tor Wednesday the boltest looked fairly dry though the odd small patches of wetness dotted around the crag. Very wet at the bottom of ruby fruit

DDDD

• regular
Anyone know what condition the Arch is in?

Turboman

• addict
Arch was in good shape last weekend.
Did the 6b+ and 7a warm ups.  Failed on Arch Enemies as crux last hold (undercut) was wet.
It dried back later.
Need a belay for Sat?

DDDD

• regular
Sorry no but feel free to drop me an email if you're short another time. I get free days during the week as I'm on a four on four off rota.

Tommy

• junky
Has anyone been to Arch Enemies since rain over the last couple of days? Does it stay dry in the rain??

haydn jones

• forum hero
All dry and in good condition except the 7a+ to the right which is suffering seepage at the very top

DDDD

• regular
Some wetness yesterday at Reynards Cave. Top undercling on AE was very wet and some other seepage lower. The 7a to the left also had some seepage out of one pocket.

Gus

• obsessive maniac
  • Smash It In!
Just wondering if anyone has been to Long Tor Quarry recently and if it's dry?

Would seem like a good option in these heat (apart from the vert crimp fest style but you can't have yer cake and eat it can you!)

ChrisC

• menacing presence
It will be dry, I was climbing nearby last night. Not been this year though so I'm not sure how clean it is.

Wood FT

• forum hero
Break dirty and left hand side holding moisture, Boltest dry but in need of a brush with something bigger than a toothbrush. Amazing climbing but quite savage on the tips in the heat last night

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal