UKBouldering.com

Apologies to Paul Mitchell but the Royal Mail are cvnts. (Read 2112 times)

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
Last week I had to post a cheque to a seriously irate contractor.  So because the previous one went missing in the post I sent this one recorded delivery.  Of course this too has been fucking well lost and although I can show that it was posted the system doesn't allow you to trace where the letter has gone........

So here's the email to Mr Corzier the chief cvnt

Sir, I doubt you or your PA take the time to read what must be a deluge of similar complaints from disatisfied customers, however since the complaints service isn't worth the effort I'll simply vent my spleen without spending an undue amount of time on what is in all reality going to be a waste of effort

At 16:57 on 16 July 2009 I posted an letter to via first class recorded delivery assuming that this would be, as it used to be, trackable.

Of course the letter and contents have not arrived nor has a note explaining why the letter could nor am I advised why the letter could not be delivered. Further the system advises me that the item cannot be traced, only that it was accepted at the post office, which is less than useful considering that this information is printed on the receipt.....

So what the bloody hell is the point of the additional 75p?

The long and the short of it is that I will now have to send a cheque for countersignature, costing £1.14 and then send this cheque to the payee costing £1.14 . . . . blah blah blah you're not listening are you?

I bet that black and white cat has eaten the letter, or the postman had a bone in his leg that day or have you got a better excuse for not being able to track a letter sent via a method whose sole purpose is to allow the letter to be tracked and evidence the time and date of receipt and the name of the recipient?

A sensible donation to charity will follow a reasoned response to this email.

Yours Sloper

Dolly

• forum hero
You shouldn't have signed it "Sloper" mate

dave

i don't think recorded has even been trackable. its just recorded - i.e. if and when it gets delivered they record this fact, which you can then see online. It doesn't enter the tracking system until that point. If you want trackable you need Special Delivery.

Maybe his reply back will read something like:

"Dear Sloper

You should read the product description before actually buying something Einstein.

Yours
Da Post Boss"

Genius thread title though.

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
Recorded used to be trackable, I think until as recently as December.

Yes maybe I should have paid more attention but what the fuck is the point of recorded delivery if you can't say when it was delivered and who signed for it?  Perhaps recorded handing the item over before we lose it service might be more appropriate.

Ohh yeah and things are only delayed after 15 days, as it could turn up today, tomorrow who knows per the muppet at customer services.

Anyway I have had a response from Adam Crozier

Tom
Thanks for your note and apologies for the problems
we seem to have caused you.
I do try to read all my e-mails and i will , of course , ask my team to
look into what has happened here and get back to you as quickly as they
can.
Regards
Adam

and will be making a donation to Edale MRT.

cofe

• forum hero
but what the fuck is the point of recorded delivery if you can't say when it was delivered and who signed for it? 

good point.

never really had much trouble with royal mail to be honest though.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
Royal Mail has improved dramatically since they got rid of that useless van driver  ;D

account_inactive

• forum hero
Royal Mail has improved dramatically since they got rid of that useless van driver  ;D

That could apply to lots of people on the forum and not just the big Bubba

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
I'm sure it's gone downhill since I left ;)

Recorded Delivery will only allow you to track when it enters and leaves Royal Mail's hands, i.e. it being received at the post office and when the recipient signs for it. There is no tracking information from between these two events. RD items are pretty much treated as regular mail.

Anything critical/valuable/etc should be posted Special Delivery. SD is a whole step up in service. The items are signed for and trackable at every step of their journey. The postie/collections driver will get in proper trouble for mislaying these items (they are insured so can cost the PO lotsa money if lost). They are also kept and sorted inside separate (very) secure premises within the mail centre itself, not alongside the regular mail. I never heard of an SD item going missing.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal