UKBouldering.com

The Square Festival (Read 2472 times)

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
The Square Festival
May 12, 2009, 07:27:17 pm
http://www.thesquarefestival.com/

I saw some banter in a lost thread where bubz asked for festival options.  Here's one in Wales.

It'll be a good one re: the dance tent (I don't really know if they have a tent) as Forward Strategy Group are playing their 1st live show (excellent modern minimal techno from Glasgow) tho' they're not currently advertised.

I'm sure other people will go for Supergrass.

matthew

• menacing presence
#1 Re: The Square Festival
May 12, 2009, 11:21:30 pm
65 days of static are brilliant live. I would rate them as the best band I've ever seen. They were unbelievably good (unless you saw them at the Hanley sugarmill when everything broke and they made a 2minute build up last 10minutes cos of a broken bass string...), but the other times I've seem them... Blooming marvelous. Combine that with supergrass and it should be a good festival.

andy_e

• forum hero
#2 Re: The Square Festival
May 13, 2009, 03:53:54 pm
they made a 2minute build up last 10minutes cos of a broken bass string...

That sounds amazing to me! They probably are the best live band around at the moment, saw them recently and they blew me away again!

tomtom

• forum hero
#3 Re: The Square Festival
May 13, 2009, 04:10:06 pm
Its at Borth - which is a pretty enough spot - though not sure how it will cope with so many incomers! (Borth is a one street town build on a storm beach). I lived in Aberystwyth for a good few years so know Borth and the area well. I suspect it'll be a friendly and fairly small affair...
Nice part of the world - bit of a pain in the are to get to - the nearest bouldering would be at Cae Du BTW.. about and hour away..
T

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal