UKBouldering.com

Family Fun in Font (Read 1900 times)

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
Family Fun in Font
May 21, 2009, 08:37:32 am
There's going to be a crowd of future wads in Font next week, so to share knowledge what would people suggest as wet weather days for families with young children i.e. <3?

Hit me with the family beta (unless its Disney related as I view disney in a very similar light to being forced to read the daily mail while listening to cliff richard)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1 Re: Family Fun in Font
May 21, 2009, 08:46:04 am
Don't be so pessimistic Sloper. It is NOT going to rain!   ;)

Well most forecasts are saying the odd day of showers Mon/Tues but that's no problem. That sandstone dries fast.  8)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#2 Re: Family Fun in Font
May 21, 2009, 08:52:28 am
Parc Animalier de l'Emprunt in Souppes sur Loing. Pony rides in the afternoon.

photos on http://www.souppes.net follow the link to Parc Animalier

bobkatebob

• menacing presence
#3 Re: Family Fun in Font
May 21, 2009, 09:04:03 am
Walks in the forest in their rain gear (easy to do if you have rain gear and maybe a big buggy with rain cover), children's play area in the carfour complex, play parks (you can dry them out after) I would recoment either boulancourt or by the town hall in Nemour (nemour one is just the other side of a small road to a climbing area).

There is lots of things in Paris to keep them entertained.

If your staying in a gite than you can do anything with them that you would do at home, the last rainy day we did some cake bakeing (what could be better than cake as a result of a rainy day  ;D ), though other things you could do would be drawing or making things with paper.

There are quite a few indoor swimming pools around but you will have to be prepared for the french regulations (no boad shorts and you need swim caps).

I need to check out if the base de loisir is open yet and what they have, I know that they hire bikes, but I havn't looked into if they also hire out kiddy bike seats.

There is also a steam train in Pitiviers but I am not sure of their openning times/dates (I need to check that out).

I have been meaning to check out chateau Landon (sp?) Littleone and grandad have been with their bikes and seem to have had an excellent time.

Welll that's all I can think of for the moment, but I expect I will think of other things, if I do I'll post them.

Strife

• regular
#4 Re: Family Fun in Font
May 21, 2009, 11:22:54 am
The forecast for font next week is looking warm - temperatures in the high 20s. So even if there are a few showers I doubt you'll have to wait long for the rock to dry.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#5 Re: Family Fun in Font
May 21, 2009, 11:38:41 am
Exactly.  :bounce:  8)  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal