UKBouldering.com

Stickies (Read 4695 times)

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
Stickies
May 19, 2009, 02:36:42 pm
Can we have more sticky subjects of the most popular threads please?

Especially in STS & Culture as sometimes it gets daft trying to find the right thread.  For example, I end up searching for the non-climbing film thread everytime, it's a ballache, I spend too much time searching.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#1 Re: Stickies
May 19, 2009, 02:42:36 pm
I still can't find that youtube thread, so I'm sticking it here in protest.  There's such dense titling of threads on UKB it's wrong: 

How about just a Youtube thread?  How about renaming the animation thread from A New Superhero to Animated films, maybe then we can search easier.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/enlqvkaf-S0&hl=de&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/enlqvkaf-S0&hl=de&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#2 Re: Stickies
May 19, 2009, 02:42:54 pm
Here let me google that for you.

On a more serious note, just do exactly that, if you know the (rough) name of your thread, type it into google and add 'site:ukbouldering.com' at the end, and Google will just search ukbouldering.com for hits.  If you know the exact name of the thread put it in double quotes and you'll get even more refined answers.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#3 Re: Stickies
May 19, 2009, 02:43:39 pm
Dense

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#4 Re: Stickies
May 19, 2009, 04:12:11 pm

I always thought searching for those topics was part of the fun :)

You do have a point though Houd, I'll consider some stickies.

Slack-lines advice is gold though - the built in site search is fucking pants and I usually search for stuff via google, as the slack one has detailed above.

In fact, once SMF 2.0 is released (was supposed to be last christmas time) I'm going to strip the site search out and replace it with google. That will also drastically shrink the database and speed the forum up.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#5 Re: Stickies
May 19, 2009, 04:53:11 pm

That's fatboyslimfast falling off the bike!

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#6 Re: Stickies
May 19, 2009, 04:55:42 pm
The cat is very cute  :thumbsup:

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#7 Re: Stickies
May 19, 2009, 09:44:08 pm
Everytime I want to post a picture I have to search for Slackers lesson...

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#8 Re: Stickies
May 19, 2009, 11:54:43 pm
Everytime I want to post a picture I have to search for Slackers lesson...

This section on Backlinking the easy way should make it when posting your flickr snaps at least.

There's also this thread, but I'd omitted to include a link to the wiki when I wrote it, but have just added it.

(One handy thing I find is that in my account settings under Profile I have it set to "Show most recent posts at the top", that way whenever I click on a thread I'm following I don't have to scroll to the end of the page past all the posts I've read to read things  ;) ).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal