UKBouldering.com

not bouldering but pretty fly. (Read 18131 times)

dave

#25 not bouldering but pretty fly.
November 11, 2003, 10:59:34 pm
dunno someone seems to have my original news report to ukc and used this other guys who claims to have taken photos then posts the link to my site the cheeky fuck.

as far as i know the 6th thing is still unclear, kim might be able to clarify he's been speaking to jordan in the last few mins. i think if it was then it certainly wasn't on that day.

Kim

• forum abuser
#26 not bouldering but pretty fly.
November 11, 2003, 11:38:40 pm
Quote from: "dave"
dunno someone seems to have my original news report to ukc and used this other guys who claims to have taken photos then posts the link to my site the cheeky fuck.

as far as i know the 6th thing is still unclear, kim might be able to clarify he's been speaking to jordan in the last few mins. i think if it was then it certainly wasn't on that day.

just to clarify....i posted the following on UKC:

"I was at Ilkley on sunday filming Jordan do New Statesman. Malcolm is taking the p a bit i feel, after Jordan did the route, we watched a couple of lads to Guillotine, then went home in the dark. No-one else got on the route. I'm pretty sure the 6th ascent is yet to happen!"

Jordan's since just spoken to Malcolm, and apparently he didn't tell UKC he made the 6th ascent........ so there's some cock-up somewhere

kim.

dave

#27 not bouldering but pretty fly.
November 12, 2003, 03:48:57 pm
word honkies, there an unedited 6meg .wmv of the ascent on the site now. feel free to download and view it locally cos that might save my bandwidth!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#28 not bouldering but pretty fly.
November 12, 2003, 03:53:45 pm
Won't make any difference to yer bandwidth, 6meg download is still the same as 6meg streamed !

Is it the same as the 200meg ( :shock: ) version I'm downloading from Kim?

dave

#29 not bouldering but pretty fly.
November 12, 2003, 03:57:45 pm
it will make differenc to my bandwidth if each person downloads it once adn watches it several times at their leisure, rather then downloading it every time they might fancy watching it!

i think kims 200mb is edited, intro, psyching up, outro etc and with music, but don't quote me on that. the one on my site is just one shot unedited, sound, no music, and just the ascent, no intro.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#30 not bouldering but pretty fly.
November 12, 2003, 03:57:57 pm
word honkies, there an unedited 6meg .wmv of the ascent on the site now. feel free to download and view it locally cos that might save my bandwidth!

Cool, he creams it!

Kim

• forum abuser
#31 not bouldering but pretty fly.
November 12, 2003, 04:02:12 pm
it will make differenc to my bandwidth if each person downloads it once adn watches it several times at their leisure, rather then downloading it every time they might fancy watching it!

i think kims 200mb is edited, intro, psyching up, outro etc and with music, but don't quote me on that. the one on my site is just one shot unedited, sound, no music, and just the ascent, no intro.

yup, 2paz is correct. i'll leave me comp on tonight again so you guys can finish downloading the gud version. it's proper bo.

squeek

• junky
#32 not bouldering but pretty fly.
November 12, 2003, 04:47:04 pm
200MB? Could you not DivX/Xvid it to keep the length and sound, but reduce it to <10MB/min, or is it a long video?

Kim

• forum abuser
#33 not bouldering but pretty fly.
November 12, 2003, 05:10:06 pm
Quote from: "squeek"
200MB? Could you not DivX/Xvid it to keep the length and sound, but reduce it to <10MB/min, or is it a long video?

i dunno, i'm kind of making it up as i go along with this vidyo stuff, perhaps someone who knows what they're on about can help, here's the sitrep:

footage off camera thru premiere as dv quality is 1.4 gig (about 8 mins). I can squeeze this down using premiere to ~200meg quicktime file - still good quality.

for the 6meg one i had to import the footage thru windows movie maker which gives a 6meg file (wmv) straight off (obviously not dv quality but acceptable), but i want to edit in premiere...

but i can't get premiere to import at lower than dv quality (i'm wondering if there's some sort of codec missing?). any ideas anyone?

what i really want is to import it into premiere at less than full quality so I can edit in there and then export it as a small quicktime file. premiere won't let me import .wmv files so I can't use the footage from windows movie maker!

any tips appreciated.

ta.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#34 not bouldering but pretty fly.
November 12, 2003, 07:03:16 pm
You're looking at it backwards  :wink:

Don't worry about the size in Premiere, just do your edits and output it at full size, or near uncompressed.

Then, get the Sorenson Suite of my Waste and use that to compress - it works wonders and can do the format changes too.....

dave

#35 not bouldering but pretty fly.
November 12, 2003, 07:24:39 pm
bubba speaks the truth Q-ball. editing in less then DV quality is a false economy since if you ever want to put something down at low size onto a DVD you'd be fucked and have to edit it all again. theres a reason why premier inports in DV - its highest common denominator.

get soronson squeeze off bubba or me and it'll be a piece of piss, non of this windows movie editor shite.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
#36 not bouldering but pretty fly.
November 12, 2003, 10:46:28 pm
Quote from: "Kim"
yup, 2paz is correct. i'll leave me comp on tonight again so you guys can finish downloading the gud version. it's proper bo.

35 meg good quality version now being hosted on thesend.co.uk's webspace

When our site goes live, would we be able to keep a link to the vid?

dave

#37 not bouldering but pretty fly.
November 12, 2003, 11:00:48 pm
i can't download that 35mb vid from the link on my own damn site! get soem kinda error!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#38 not bouldering but pretty fly.
November 12, 2003, 11:05:27 pm
Just watched the 35m version and it's fine - big enough to really see what's going on and not over-compressed.

Really nice bit of climbing to watch; he's ultra-smooth on the route and stylish as well. Which section is the crux?

Other things I like are the old-skool flavoured music together with "new school"  headpointing, and the way that when he whoops at the top, some dog joins in with some barking  :lol:

Only criticism would be no tripod. Dunno if it's just me, but I reckon a steady camera works really well with climbing video.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
#39 not bouldering but pretty fly.
November 12, 2003, 11:06:31 pm
i can't download that 35mb vid from the link on my own damn site! get soem kinda error!

Kim put a space in the url by mistake, and it has added a % to correct this. Take out the %

Kim needs to rename it without the space

:wink:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#40 not bouldering but pretty fly.
November 12, 2003, 11:12:09 pm
Yeah, it complains about the link to Adam's site, but if you copy the url to a browser it starts streaming it.

I think the problem is the "%20" after the .wmv on the link.

Kim

• forum abuser
#41 not bouldering but pretty fly.
November 12, 2003, 11:34:08 pm
it's parry writing the website code ;) get it sorted dave you tool!

Kim

• forum abuser
#42 not bouldering but pretty fly.
November 12, 2003, 11:46:07 pm
Quote from: "Bubba"
Just watched the 35m version and it's fine - big enough to really see what's going on and not over-compressed.

Really nice bit of climbing to watch; he's ultra-smooth on the route and stylish as well. Which section is the crux?

Basically the moves up to the first jug (where he reaches up the arete with his right, then goes again for the nose of the arete), i believe...

Other things I like are the old-skool flavoured music together with "new school"  headpointing, and the way that when he whoops at the top, some dog joins in with some barking  :lol:

Only criticism would be no tripod. Dunno if it's just me, but I reckon a steady camera works really well with climbing video.

Yeah, thats my next investment i think, as it makes a massive difference when you compare it to wobbly footage. I was using a monopod at ilkley but even with that you can't get it dead still.

Kim.

dave

#43 not bouldering but pretty fly.
November 13, 2003, 09:08:26 am
Quote from: "Adam Lincoln"

Kim put a space in the url by mistake, and it has added a % to correct this. Take out the %

Kim needs to rename it without the space

:wink:

queers ears i've just sorted it.

the music is a parry special - hoovers and spraycans on a 1992 old school XL recordings flava.

dave

#44 not bouldering but pretty fly.
November 13, 2003, 09:11:36 am
Yeah, thats my next investment i think, as it makes a massive difference when you compare it to wobbly footage. I was using a monopod at ilkley but even with that you can't get it dead still.

Kim.

they have soem pretty servicable and cheap tripods in jessops, and you wouldn't need a particulary heavy one cos its only a small camera, plus youcan always weight the bottom with a bag, set of cams etc.

Jordan is a bit special t'old lad on the old rock. worth mentioning he's no flash in the pan, dispatching shit like countdown E8, adrenaline rush E7, s-groove E7. has he done toxic bilberries yet Quim?

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
#45 not bouldering but pretty fly.
November 13, 2003, 09:14:56 am

Kim.

they have soem pretty servicable and cheap tripods in jessops, and you wouldn't need a particulary heavy one cos its only a small camera, plus youcan always weight the bottom with a bag, set of cams etc.

Jordan is a bit special t'old lad on the old rock. worth mentioning he's no flash in the pan, dispatching shit like countdown E8, adrenaline rush E7, s-groove E7. has he done toxic bilberries yet Quim?

Yes he has done Toxic Bills... He is a top lad!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#46 not bouldering but pretty fly.
November 13, 2003, 09:18:59 am
Yeah, Jessops do have a good range of tripe pods - I need to get a light one as my trusty Slik (about 15yrs old) is a right pain to carry about the place - if anyone knows a good, compact one, let me know...

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#47 not bouldering but pretty fly.
November 13, 2003, 09:31:49 am
These manfrotto 'pods look good - some of them only weigh 4lbs anall....

Kim

• forum abuser
#48 not bouldering but pretty fly.
November 13, 2003, 09:43:50 am
Yes he has done Toxic Bills...

No he ain't! He's been on it, but was having to dyno thru the crux and wasn't quite up for the lead yet!

Kim.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
#49 not bouldering but pretty fly.
November 13, 2003, 09:49:16 am
Yes he has done Toxic Bills...

No he ain't! He's been on it, but was having to dyno thru the crux and wasn't quite up for the lead yet!

Kim.

I was sure Pete told me he'd done it?!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal