UKBouldering.com

north wales recommendations for this weekend.. (Read 1681 times)

nathan wind

• obsessive maniac
    • some pics..
As the weather seems to have crapped out here (yorks) I was wondering if anyone could recommend any areas that could be dry over the next few days in Wales..? 'am showing a friend from the US around.. so any suggestions would be much appreciated.. be nice to show them something other than the grit I guess, especially as they're kinda handy on the crimp..

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
Weather looks reasonable up the Pass tomorrow, although it will probably rain late afternoon. I would head up the Wavelength hillside, retreat to the Cromlech Boulders/Jerry's Roof if it starts spitting and go to Hylldrem if it rains properly later in the day (or just go to the pub!).

The only real problem you might encounter is parking. On a sunny weekend the Pass laybys tend to fill up with Snowdon bound walkers. Later in the day they start to return and spaces appear again. You could park in Nant Peris and catch a sherpa bus up, or just hitch. This is normally fairly easy, although two people (with pads) sticking together will reduce your chances, so split up and meet at the Cromlech Boulders.

Sunday looks like rain, so just go to the Ormes (get one of these: http://www.groundupclimbing.com/newsitem.asp?nsid=232)

Have fun. I would invite you round for a beer, but I'm off on holiday tomorrow. Catch up next time you're over.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
cave, cave, cave  :thumbsup:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal