UKBouldering.com

Halfway House (Read 2613 times)

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Halfway House
May 09, 2009, 08:59:48 pm
Got on this again today and am struggling to work out how to get my feet off the ramp of LF without swinging off...

Basically I am on the starting holds of TC with my right foot on the crimpy bump on the LF ramp (the one some/short people cross their right hand over to when climbing LF). I then stepped my left foot across my right, pressed it in and then took right foot off and tried to hook my Right toe behind the Broken Heart jug. I Squeezed the holds and then took left foot off the back and tried to hold the swing pulling on my right foot but twisted/greased.

I almost killed it once this way but kept greasing off the two starting holds as it was a bit close but I am guessing there is probably a better method for getting sorted? I can pull on and put the toe hook in and then step left foot high and get the right heel up and away on TC but just find this legs transition off the back a bit tricky at the moment (I fear it is a distinct lack of body tension  :spank:)

Any help is as always, massively appreciated  :kiss1:

Doylo

• forum hero
#1 Re: Halfway House
May 10, 2009, 12:09:29 pm
I drop down to the undercut on greenheart then put my right heel up on vertical nothing hold on greenheart right of the undercut, heel takes a bit of getting used too though cos its not great then just roll over to starting right hand pinch on TC and kick your feet up into TC starting position.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#2 Re: Halfway House
May 10, 2009, 12:22:02 pm
left foot on the spike just above the lou ferrino ramp and then SQUEEZE! then swing round as controlled as you can and into trigger cut start

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#3 Re: Halfway House
May 10, 2009, 10:25:58 pm
Nice one beasts. I'll hopefully get across it using Chris' method. I tried your method Jim and I don't think I can squeeze hard enough  :-[

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#4 Re: Halfway House
May 10, 2009, 11:53:38 pm
Come to the gbar with me and you'll soon learn how to squeeze hard enough ;)

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#5 Re: Halfway House
May 12, 2009, 07:06:52 pm
not my method, its pritch's.Doyles method looks well good but adds some extra moves.
I'm never going to do halfway cos trigger is at least 8c and I haven't even done the first move on it let alone some extra moves before it.
I think I'll do the wire before trigger cut

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#6 Re: Halfway House
May 12, 2009, 10:39:55 pm
Going to spend a week doing leg raises on greasy pinches and stay off the  :alky:

Hoping we get a cold snap again soon  :please:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal