UKBouldering.com

issues with Indesign (Read 1621 times)

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
    • http://www.hongkongclimbing.com
issues with Indesign
April 30, 2009, 03:25:14 pm
have recently upgraded from indesign 2.0 on my pc to CS4 on a Mac and am getting the following when i try to open my files "cannot open pre-release version etc..."

this is kind of frustrating as I've written 2/3 of a new guidebook for HK in the old version and now can't access the files in CS4 to finish it off

any ideas as Google is coming up with squat?

have already tried opening the files in CS2 and CS3 but get the same error message I'm guessing the version of 2.0 I got a number of years back may have been beta based on this problem?

Palomides

• forum abuser
#1 Re: issues with Indesign
May 11, 2009, 02:32:53 pm
I know nothing about this stuff, but this page suggests that you can only jump one version number.

If your files are relatively simple, and saved in an xml-type format, then it might be worth having a poke round with a text editor.

north_country_boy

• junky
#2 Re: issues with Indesign
May 11, 2009, 03:07:49 pm
Had a similar issue in teh past jumping from CS to CS3, didn't find a way around it i'm afraid, just meant using the older version on University computers rather than CS3 on my Laptop.

Surely the older version is available to download somewhere so you can at least finish it in the old version?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#3 Re: issues with Indesign
May 11, 2009, 03:24:38 pm

Can you export out to a different format like Quark, then import that into the newer version of Indesign?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal