UKBouldering.com

FS: Scarpa Stix size 41, Unused, £35 + P&P (Read 5155 times)

andy_e

• forum hero

Sad to have to sell these as they look well jackson but even the Plastic Bag method couldn't get them anywhere near to them being on my feet (which is weird because the 42s were boats in comparison). Therefore they are unused, come complete with a box etc.

I've decided to go for the price Rock&run are selling them for but they're out of size 41s. £35 plus postage and packaging (or will be willing to meet up at a wall or crag if you're in yorkshire)

hit me up on zero7955 85zero 5zero7 or pm me or send an email to lupineare at hot mail dot com.

Safe

saltbeef

• forum hero
what size are you in anasazi velcros?

Zods Beard

• forum abuser

Mine are 41's word, and I'm a 6.5/7 in velcro's. If I'm about Wed I'll bring em.

galpinos

• forum hero
Mine are 41s and I'm an 8.5 in lace-ups.

(They were pretty tight when bought but stretch quite a bit.)

andy_e

• forum hero
No idea, never worn any.

Durbs

• forum hero
Hey - if they're still available, I'm interested.

Currently wear a pair of size-8 Red Chilli Spirit velcros and looking for something more technical when needed.

Any estimate on postage?

andy_e

• forum hero
Should be about £4-5. Whereabouts do you live?

andy_e

• forum hero
Anyone? Come on, I need the crack money!

namnok

• forum abuser
  • John May Lives
if you're down plywood masters/buk this weekend, i'll try them for size. or maybe see if there are any buyers there

andy_e

• forum hero
I'd love to be but my finals start next week, so I can't justify it at all. Would have loved to have gone though!  :'(

andy_e

• forum hero
Now sold.

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
Ya should have kept them and really tried to get them on. They do stretch a bit, but I find them fantastic. Put it this way, they've replaced my Pink's for Malham useage!  :o

galpinos

• forum hero
!
Ya should have kept them and really tried to get them on. They do stretch a bit, but I find them fantastic. Put it this way, they've replaced my Pink's for Malham useage!  :o

I agree Andy. Love mine to bits, got one pair on the go and 2 unused pairs in the cupboard. Real fight to get them on at first but my broken-in pair are the mutts on lime.

What surprised me was how long they last. I've been climbing in them about 3 times a week for the past 6 months and they're still goning strong. With my foot work and the fact I'm the king of the indoor toe drag, that's a miracle.

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
I've got another pair in the cupboard and seriously considering a third pair. The best slipper I've ever had by the proverbial country mile.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I love them too.

galpinos

• forum hero

They're stopping making them.  :'(

No demand apparently. Market reasearch seems to suggest people think slippers should be really cheap/significantly cheaper than lace-ups/velcros so won't shell out the cash. Only "top-end" climbers (I'm obviously the exception that proves the rule) buy them, so demand is small.

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
If that's the case its stange that La Sportiva have announced the Speedster. It does tend to be slippers you find in the bargain bins (on the web).

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
How gay. Might have to invest in a few more pairs then once I've been to Font (and seen how much damage the trip has done to my bank balance).

If that's the case its stange that La Sportiva have announced the Speedster. It does tend to be slippers you find in the bargain bins (on the web).

They look mint. Bring on the bargain bins!

galpinos

• forum hero

Well, it was info from a chap involved in Scarpa.

R+R have been selling them for £35 (hence I've got 3 pairs!) so they can't be selling that well.

Mr Cat

• menacing presence
    • Flickr
yeah, I've got a pair - but they don't seem to fit that well - with them having no laces etc i guess (and plus I bought them blind)... ho hum!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal