UKBouldering.com

Festivals 09 (Read 14902 times)

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#25 Re: Festivals 09
May 15, 2009, 07:45:37 pm
Wild horses wouldn't drag me to that Greco-Roman love-in but be I may in the city then:

detatched vs house of god
----------------------------------
saturday june 27th @ beaver works
9pm - 6am

room1
--------
grovskopa
ancient methods - live
paul damage [hog / 1881]
harvey lane [hog / veto]
smear vs saxenhammer [fsg]
tony adamson, hemlock & james smart [leeds]

room2
--------
ed chamberlain - live [baselogic]
sir real [hog / kracktronik]
motor djs tom long & rod fry
+ support djs tba

I think you should ditch that gay gig and go here, Mono'.  You can hear Vaeth et al any and everywhere...

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#26 Re: Festivals 09
May 15, 2009, 08:09:13 pm
Houdini, do I detect a shard of homme o phobic? What could possibly be uncomfortable about a field of several thousand Italian ex pats in sunglasses in vests touching you? Isn't this what living is all about?

As soon as I replace my broken computer, I'm going to plough through your sets here and see what's what. 

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#27 Re: Festivals 09
May 15, 2009, 11:38:53 pm
Don't bother, it's what's on in clubs that counts.

You can go to Detatched for a tenner. 

I think your offer sounds utterly horrific, also, techno outside in daylight just doesn't work.

Monolith

• forum hero
#28 Re: Festivals 09
May 16, 2009, 10:41:55 am
Techno in the daytime doesn't work!? Absolute nonsense boy! You should get back to the dark rooms!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

Duma

• forum hero
#30 Re: Festivals 09
May 16, 2009, 10:37:16 pm
I'm going to the Green Man for the third year in a row - got the tickets already. Line up's looking great. Don't know about electronica Bubba but its not as folky dolky as might be imagined. Four Tet and Future Sounds of London are on the the bill this year and there is a DJ tent. Personally, I'm made up to get a chance to see Wilco. Great, very relaxed festival and very convenient for those of us with Hereford connections.
Interesting, I was just reading up on it as a possible start to a South Wales camping trip. Would you recommend it for a first festy for an 20 month old raver? Is it quite small/family friendly?

Hey Obi, I went for the first time last year, was ace. As an indicator we'll be taking my new daughter this year (born Yesterday  ;D ;D ;D) as we thought it would be an ideal family freindly festival. (though by late august it's going to be Chloe's third festival.
IIRC there was about 8-10000 last year so nice size. Can't comment on the quality of the electronica though, I'm there for the folky doly stuff)

andy popp

• forum hero
#31 Re: Festivals 09
May 18, 2009, 08:42:17 pm
I'm going to the Green Man for the third year in a row - got the tickets already. Line up's looking great. Don't know about electronica Bubba but its not as folky dolky as might be imagined. Four Tet and Future Sounds of London are on the the bill this year and there is a DJ tent. Personally, I'm made up to get a chance to see Wilco. Great, very relaxed festival and very convenient for those of us with Hereford connections.
Interesting, I was just reading up on it as a possible start to a South Wales camping trip. Would you recommend it for a first festy for an 20 month old raver? Is it quite small/family friendly?

Hey Obi, I went for the first time last year, was ace. As an indicator we'll be taking my new daughter this year (born Yesterday  ;D ;D ;D) as we thought it would be an ideal family freindly festival. (though by late august it's going to be Chloe's third festival.
IIRC there was about 8-10000 last year so nice size. Can't comment on the quality of the electronica though, I'm there for the folky doly stuff)

See you there then

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#32 Re: Festivals 09
May 18, 2009, 09:47:33 pm
As an indicator we'll be taking my new daughter this year (born Yesterday  ;D ;D ;D)

Congratulations. No mention in future wads thread!

andy popp

• forum hero
#33 Re: Festivals 09
August 17, 2009, 08:16:32 am

Duma, you still going, Obi-wan, anyone else? Starting to get excited now, forecast even looks OK.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#34 Re: Festivals 09
August 17, 2009, 12:27:23 pm
Not this year, had a complete change of plan for our hols. Have fun!

Duma

• forum hero
#35 Re: Festivals 09
August 18, 2009, 12:04:05 am
Still on, will be arriving some point Thurs evening. We've got a bell tent which'll have one of those big hippie flags next to it. Come say hi if you spot us! Don't think this'll be a very rock and roll year for me with the new baby, but still well excited (despite knowing nothing about any of the line up!) Be nice if the rain holds off, but IIRC last year wasn't too bad except around the entry points between the stages and the camping.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 12:13:53 am by Duma »

andy popp

• forum hero
#36 Re: Festivals 09
August 18, 2009, 07:39:29 am
I'll keep an eye open for you. We'll be there Fri morning.

Be nice if the rain holds off, but IIRC last year wasn't too bad except around the entry points between the stages and the camping.

!!! It was like the Somme! Still, forecast looking pretty good.

Duma

• forum hero
#37 Re: Festivals 09
August 18, 2009, 09:57:26 am
 :lol: you should see glasto on a wet year, that was peanuts!

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#38 Re: Festivals 09
September 03, 2009, 01:15:58 pm
Just got my tickets for the Derby Traditional Music and Arts Festival.

Folky-fucking-doky  :thumbsup:

andy popp

• forum hero
#39 Re: Festivals 09
April 16, 2010, 10:21:25 pm
Plans, plans, plans? In last week have bought tickets for Green Man (normal set up, me and the two sprogs. Pretty good line up, not quite as excited as last year) and End of the Road - first time at this one for me; speculatively bought two tickets, need to find someone to go with. Whatever, its another chance to see Wilco.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#40 Re: Festivals 09
April 16, 2010, 10:24:27 pm
I'd like to see Luciano for sure.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#41 Re: Festivals 09
April 17, 2010, 09:37:42 am
40th Glasto for us this year, may try Shambala with Mini-Obi as well, some friends took their kids last year and rated it. We normally have plans on that weekend but don't this year.

Monolith

• forum hero
#42 Re: Festivals 09
April 17, 2010, 10:05:44 am
I thought Luciano and Villalobos were at Creamfields this year but alas no. Vath, Plastikman, Magda, Raresh etc etc in attendance though. Might go this year if I can find some pounds.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#43 Re: Festivals 09
April 17, 2010, 01:04:35 pm
Leftfield and Ian Brown at Rockness! Think mini SA is still a bit young, so will likely be with grandparents for the night.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal