UKBouldering.com

Steves Wall (Read 2042 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
Steves Wall
May 06, 2009, 09:59:12 pm
Grr.. been trying it this eve, and had great fun working all the moves - but I just can't do the sit start... I've had a look at the beta on yorkshiregrit.com and cant really see what I'm not doing  - unless its just a thug of a pull and I'm not beefy enough! LH on sidepull/flake, RF on corner LF out further left, RH in fairly useless semi pocket... I can barely (only just) pull myself on before plopping off.. I can see that if I get myself established the crank/pop across to the RH pocket is good but..  >:(
Any ideas?

webbo

• forum hero
#1 Re: Steves Wall
May 07, 2009, 08:59:43 am
i'm not sure whether i should supply someone of your lank with beta on a morpho problem ;).however try using a low lay away hold for your r/h,its quite low down possibly hidden under the grass.its easier to get lift of with this than using the pocket.for your feet have you tried get a heel/toe jam in the low break out left.

tomtom

• forum hero
#2 Re: Steves Wall
May 07, 2009, 09:44:47 am
i'm not sure whether i should supply someone of your lank with beta on a morpho problem ;).however try using a low lay away hold for your r/h,its quite low down possibly hidden under the grass.its easier to get lift of with this than using the pocket.for your feet have you tried get a heel/toe jam in the low break out left.

Ahh... it felt 'better' with my LF jammed in the break (I felt more control) and will have a look for the low hold! There was a high wee pocket as well - but that felt like it was cheating! I even had a play at traversing into the starting positing from the left.. but no joy..
Cheers for that,
T

uptown

• junky
#3 Re: Steves Wall
May 07, 2009, 08:19:21 pm
You can use an egyptian too, makes the move out right to the pocket static.

tomtom

• forum hero
#4 Re: Steves Wall
May 07, 2009, 10:12:51 pm
You can use an egyptian too, makes the move out right to the pocket static.
Ahh, I had a try of that but wasnt able to get on/wedge my long legs in place.. but I'll give it another try - thanks v.much T

yorkshireman

• obsessive maniac
  • dont knock the rock if you're shaky at the grade
#5 Re: Steves Wall
May 09, 2009, 01:11:22 pm
at 5'7" small i find this problem pretty hard so i just get the flack for left hand,the small pocket and then throw out right for the slopy thing.easy after that.the hard bit for me is getting set up properly with my left hand from sitting,easy if you do it standing but you never get the hold right from sit.probably piss it now as i was climbing crap when i tried it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal