UKBouldering.com

strange things found on boulder problems (Read 15848 times)

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
In woods below Moorside under a low roof boulder (I didn't find any worthwhile bouldering). Blue/orange poly bags.

a dense loner

• forum hero
i deny all knowledge, of anything. think that's funny do you fool? you've got to come back to shef one day
<insert bald man beating shit out of mclovin smiley>

Big Jim

I've found jazz mag collections under The Sheriff at Woodhouse scar (not that surprising) and under China in your hands at Gardoms, which seemed like a long walk for a wank.

I've found a mag at on the boulders half way up to Dovestones (Coach and Horses?).  Now that is dedication...

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
Rhythym publications are one thing - I soloed a route at Castle rock (the most majestic of Gloucestershires crag) and found a middle-aged couple making the 'beast with two backs' in what they had obviously assumed was a secluded dip in the local countryside. As I was 30 foot up, pumped and didn't fancy trying to reverse the route I had to top out and basically step over them to escape. They didn't even notice! Classy.

There was a dogs grave with a collar and a tin of dog food under Stem Gem in Joshua tree last time I was there. Inconsiderate really - you could have a nasty accident lobbing onto a tin of Chum.

zemike

• regular
not strictly on...
i worked a traverse in the zillertal (area opposite to ewige jagdgründe) then sometime later had a break and sat down for a smoke. i browsed the valley and the adjacent boulders listened to the birds and the rush of the stream drifting into a kind of subconscious relaxation...
suddenly some sunglasses landed on the meadow just in front of my feet.
i checked the sky for paragliders and the backside of the boulder for an occasional joker... nothing. i was totally on my own except for some cows and other wildlife (not primary known for their sunglass obsessions). the sky was blue, no clouds and without any traffic.
i checked the sunglasses; it was an early seventies model (in happened in the late 90s) not strictly en vogue and definitly worn.
my only explanation up to date is that there existed some kind of a wormehole exit... kind of a magic place till now...   

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
I'd blame Magpies.

andy_e

• forum hero
Were they in full working order? Do they look good on you? If yes, then that's a win, and those are your lucky sunglasses...

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
I'd blame Magpies.
  I had nothing to do with it! :spank:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I like the wormhole idea.

That somewhere in a disco in early 70's Wigan, a stylish dude was dancing enthusiastically to "Cum on Feel the Noize" when an over the top nod of the head caused his sunglasses to fall to the dancefloor. When he failed to find them he assumed that they had been kicked out of his sight on the packed dancefloor and probably trampled into oblivion.

In fact they had fallen through the entrance to a wormhole so small that nobody ever noticed it amongst the filth that was the edge of the illuminated dancefloor in "Royalle's Niteclub". The glasses passed through a tear in the space time continuum before dropping out of the other end of the wormhole next to a boulder in Austria in 2008.........
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 04:34:51 pm by Jaspersharpe, Reason: sp »

grumpycrumpy

• junky
  • metrosexual redneck
I found myself on Conan the Librarian yesterday , that was pretty strange ....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal