UKBouldering.com

strange things found on boulder problems (Read 15805 times)

Ackbar

• player
strange things found on boulder problems
April 23, 2009, 01:10:44 pm
I was trying carl walk traverse down at stoney the other day and was very pleased to find a mono at the start.  So I stuck my finger in and felt something kinda squishy.  I looked in side the mono and something moved.  It was a f@#king slug!  I hate slugs.  I have a proper phobia of the things.  I nearly threw up.  And that traverse is bloody impossible anyway.

dave

i once found some singed pins and burnt polaroids on top of a problem at bell hagg.

willackers

• junky
    • Vimeo

I found a load of bats in the crack of Genocide at Cratcliffe, they squeaked at me...

:)

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
I was trying carl walk traverse down at stoney the other day and was very pleased to find a mono at the start.  So I stuck my finger in and felt something kinda squishy.  I looked in side the mono and something moved.  It was a f@#king slug!  I hate slugs.  I have a proper phobia of the things.  I nearly threw up.  And that traverse is bloody impossible anyway.

It's been there before. We used a stick to remove it. Or perhaps there is a long single-file queue of them slowly inching out of a giant slug-filled cave inside the wall...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
r-man you bastard.  :lol:

Scouse D

• forum hero
on The Plague at Rivelin I pulled on the undercut under the roof and hundreds of bluebottles fell on to me. I was clipping the bolt at the time so had to put up with them crawling all inside my top.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
Someone had kindly broken several bottles into tiny tiny shards on the high finishing ledge  (but not the top of the boulder) on the Granny rock boulder at the Breck last year. Was less than a 'thank god' jug. Still, I'm sure many will tell me that's what I deserve for climbing there  ::)

dave

on The Plague at Rivelin I pulled on the undercut under the roof and hundreds of bluebottles fell on to me. I was clipping the bolt at the time so had to put up with them crawling all inside my top.

that was fucking hilarious.

cofe

• forum hero
on The Plague at Rivelin I pulled on the undercut under the roof and hundreds of blue bottles fell on to me.

were they full or empty? could really hurt, no?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
On a similar creepy crawly theme I once grabbed a big jug pocket thing on one of the routes near Devers Dur at Buoux and was immediately bitten by loads of little ants (the nasty fuckers with red heads). It was only when I'd managed to brush them all off that I noticed the line of them going horizontally across the crag and into and out of the jug. This was at about 25m up the route.

I could just about understand them being at that height but a year or two later when I was on Mauvais Sang (which starts about 65m up the crag) and saw another line of them trundling about up there I thought that was just taking the piss.

dave

on The Plague at Rivelin I pulled on the undercut under the roof and hundreds of blue bottles fell on to me.

were they full or empty? could really hurt, no?

I think you got the wrong end of the stick.......its was Davidoff's "Cool Water". Rivelin is well known as the epicentre of the current outbreak of eau-de-toilette based crag epics. I once had a bottle of Old Spice fall out of the break on Fringe Benefit, and on a previous occaision i witnessed the flake on Croton Oil dispensing 2 dozen Hugo Boss presentation packs ontop of an unsuspecting leader.

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
I remember Worm getting stung by a wasp that was lurking in the top of he crack at the cobble. He screamed like a little girl.

We also once found what we think may have been someones finger tip in the start pinch of inaudible vaudible. Nice.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Nice indeed. Smythe and Johnny G once found a jumper at Malham. Not the kind you might wear unfortunately. The coppers who turned up got them to assist with moving the body. I was glad I'd gone on the board instead (of course).

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Get those minging woodlice creatures on the seacliffs here. Horrible pointless beasts.

Had a gecko in the back of a flake in SA. It wiggled about, but had no escape.

Almost stood on a rattler at Ibex stepping off a boulder.

Had assorted ants etc.

Had to drain a rockpool on a ledge once with a syphon, only to find some wee fishies floppong around folornly.

Have to regularly remove barnacles (contain more liquid than their size seems possible) and limpets (they are aid) from tidal probs round here.

Got stung by hornets once. Bastard pointless animals.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Get those minging woodlice creatures on the seacliffs here. Horrible pointless beasts.

I remember those Sea Slater things a lot in Reiff and Aberdeen, they turn my stomach for some reason- Wrath of Khan I suspect.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
I once got growled [well, clicked] at by a Fat Dormouse, who was sitting in a pocket that I wanted to use, about 20 feet up a route in the Frankenjura. Unfortunately the pocket was one half of a thread I had just clipped, and I was mighty concerned at the thought of the grouchy furball sitting there, knawing away at the back of the tape.

cofe

• forum hero
in font last november, imagine my surprise at finding a 'dense loner' on a boulder problem. shocking, i can tell you.

dave

don't suppose you got any photos to back up that claim? how convenient.

Mike Tyson

• forum hero

I remember those Sea Slater things a lot in Reiff and Aberdeen, they turn my stomach for some reason- Wrath of Khan I suspect.

That bit of the film used to scare the shit of me as well.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Don't recall scene and not keen on any nasty visions of those things.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Google Ceti Eel.

Imagine a sea slater crawling across your face, then into your lug hole when you can do nothing about it.

Or perhaps you shouldn't  :(

cofe

• forum hero
don't suppose you got any photos to back up that claim? how convenient.

there was no film in my camera.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Careful. These are the sort of pie in the sky claims that can give an otherwise reputable website a bad name.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
Yew iz all dicks lol

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
This thread makes me itchy.  I once tried to pull up on a seagull at the Hawkcraig, he wasn't best pleased.  >:(

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal