UKBouldering.com

Quality fishing pics (Read 181335 times)

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#250 Re: Quality fishing pics
June 20, 2012, 07:07:40 am
You should all do a team profile pic for Facebook to wind up matt some more  :popcorn:

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#251 Re: Quality fishing pics
June 20, 2012, 09:06:04 am
looks like I won't be able to make it to a UKB wrecking/shark hunting trip for a while...

HOWEVER

Otter and I have got a day on the Derbyshire Wye a week on Sunday :bounce:

he had a guided day there as a present a couple of weeks ago (mayfly hatch and everything)

we are psyched out of our tiny minds

I couldn't sleep last night due to ankle pain, so I was sorting flies and checking lines

cragx and Litton Flyfishers have got plenty of day tickets available for the rest of the season if anyone wants to treat themselves. They're pretty reasonable about letting folk reschedule if weather/conditions are too bad

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
#252 Re: Quality fishing pics
June 23, 2012, 05:09:08 am
Went and had a couple of hours off the rocks this morning and bagged my first rock blackfish. These fellas have got some shoulders. This one was about 3lb.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#253 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 01, 2012, 11:39:09 pm
Otter and I have got a day on the Derbyshire Wye a week on Sunday

...which was today

it was ace

if any of you are into fluff chucking, you need to have a day on the Wye

despite some poor to mediocre conditions we both averaged about a fish an hour, with plenty of lost fish and missed takes

Catching rainbows in a small river is quite exciting

no pics though; sorry

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#254 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 02, 2012, 09:39:38 am
Good work Lagers! I've only ever caught small river browns from the tiny river that runs through Swanage town on a flimsy telescopic road and freelined bread but super fun all the same...

willackers

• junky
    • Vimeo
#255 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 02, 2012, 10:10:32 am
I've done quite a bit of fly fishing with light tackle on small rivers, definitely the best way to fly fish. It's way more exciting than fishing a reservoir or pond full of stock fish. There's some good fly fishing to be had on the upper River Don, it's quite popular now but I think a good stretch of it is owned by the Salmon and Trout association so be aware of it if you head up that way.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#256 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 03, 2012, 05:58:16 pm
I'd love a day on the Wye. Many years ago I had a great session on The Duddon in the Lake District at a stretch near the farm of a friend of my dad. Absolutely one of the most memorable sessions ever catching wild brownies on self-tied dry flies. Great work on getting stuck in there Lagers.

Been having some great Liverpool park sessions of late on the pole. Hopefully got a bumper net coming up this Thursday too out with Fatneck. Anyone else on the long pole scene?

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#257 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 03, 2012, 08:50:24 pm
Most of what we caught in the Wye were little brownies, but both caught browns and rainbows over 1.5 lb. My first fish was a 2lb rainbow in the first 10 mins - Otter was most envious.

I thought I'd posted this pic (below)? maybe not

as a warm up for the Wye, I went on the Don and Sheaf to get my rusty fly fishing skills going

end result was this monster out of the Sheaf on 1.7 lb tippet. Fish weighed an ounce shy of 2lb. Heart in the mouth action from start to finish. I was only expecting tiddlers.

crap photo in poor light with very scratched old phone

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#258 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 04, 2012, 08:36:26 am
Belter that! You can't beat a wild brownie for markings, beautiful fish...

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#259 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 06, 2012, 09:02:17 am
Tom and I hit a local commercial water, Lingmere, last night and practically emptied the place! We'd decided before the off to have a little wager on the biggest fish AKA The Spampionship and up until 9.58pm Tom was winning with a personal best Tench..

Untitled by Fattneck, on Flickr

Then I hooked into a real beast that took me ages to get in. A personal best Tench and Spampionship winner...

Tom also managed a lovely Golden Tench...

Loads of these which are great fun on the pole...

And some belting roach...

Great session and am looking forward to retaining the Spampionship Trophy at the earliest possible opportunity  ;D

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#260 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 06, 2012, 09:43:19 am
WTF, looks rather like you're actually having a summer over in the Wirral?

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#261 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 06, 2012, 10:02:48 am
Yeah last night was beautiful, although it was probably our summer done with...

runt

• obsessive maniac
#262 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 06, 2012, 12:17:16 pm
Afternoon rod fettlers,
Anyone have any knowledge on Seahouses/Beadnell area (Northumberland coast)? Will have a chance for a quick session end of this month, and have read it's worth a go spinning there, keen to dust off the plugs and have a bass session, waste of time?

cheers
Andy

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#263 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 06, 2012, 12:21:57 pm
Probably a decent chance of mackerel and maybe bass but not much knowledge to be fair. Might be worth perusing the following link... http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/30-North-East-Catch-Reports-amp-Advice

Cheers

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#264 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 06, 2012, 01:30:41 pm
I'd been meaning to post this for a while to see what the UKB collective thought. One of my best mates wrestled this monster out the water just after Christmas last year, 27.05lbs!

Pike

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#265 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 06, 2012, 02:19:31 pm
Afternoon rod fettlers,
Anyone have any knowledge on Seahouses/Beadnell area (Northumberland coast)? Will have a chance for a quick session end of this month, and have read it's worth a go spinning there, keen to dust off the plugs and have a bass session, waste of time?

I don't think gme reads this thread but he's local and wets a line occasionally. Might be worth a PM for info

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#266 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 06, 2012, 02:22:02 pm
I'd been meaning to post this for a while to see what the UKB collective thought. One of my best mates wrestled this monster out the water just after Christmas last year, 27.05lbs!

Pike

Thats quite a big fish.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#267 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 06, 2012, 02:27:03 pm
Afternoon rod fettlers,

cheers
Andy

I've had a bit of success at Stag Rocks, Bamburgh whilst staying up there - pollack and little coalies - lost a bigish eel at the edge of the rocks

if the weather's too rough to justify getting too close to the edge, you can shelter behind the lighthouse and chuck a bait out - reasonably deep water not too far out

bit further south is cullernose point - not fished it, but it looks great
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 02:32:49 pm by lagerstarfish »

gme

• forum hero
#268 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 06, 2012, 03:42:05 pm
Runt

No news of mackerel up here yet or bass. The bass fishing is not great even when they are about.

Cullernose point is one of the favorite areas for mackerel when they arrive.

The best bet if you want to spin at the minute is Alnmouth, you can fish from the road bridge down to the mouth for free. It holds a decent head of sea trout upto 3-4 lbs and the odd salmon that i have seen taken to the high teens. They maybe showing now especially with all the fresh water running at the minute but the best time is September onwards when they stop netting out of Amble. Right at the estuary mouth is also the best spot that i know about for Bass but have not heard of any caught yet. Small red condoms or mepps on an evening is best.

If you want to catch flatties the estuary is full of them, just use your spinning rod and a basic two hook rig with makerel strips and you will catch every cast. Better at low water in the stretch 200-400 meters up from the mouth, opposite the cubes.

runt

• obsessive maniac
#269 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 07, 2012, 10:53:09 pm
Thanks all :2thumbsup:
Big lump of info to go at there, really looking forward to exploring a bit, as usual ukbers you are ace.

Monolith

• forum hero
#270 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 08, 2012, 12:39:24 am
WTF, looks rather like you're actually having a summer over in the Wirral?

Adam, it's always sunny in The Paradise Peninsula. Really quite a body of lakes to go at too.
Round two of The Spampionship trophy race was also won by Fatneck again today although I did lose a common carp that was knocking on the door of 10-20lb on medium elastic first chuck of the day. Thought I was off waterskiing for a while.

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#271 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 08, 2012, 10:59:07 am

Thats quite a big fish.

Indeed. I remember him calling me afterwards, he could barely string a sentance together he was so excited! Once in a life time fish I think.

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#272 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 09, 2012, 11:34:22 am
That is indeed a beasty pike! Where did he get it from Golt? Think JohnM has had a similar sized pike from a lake district water... Need to see photos of this John!

Monolith

• forum hero
#273 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 09, 2012, 06:19:15 pm
Tis a quality Pike! They still terrify me though and I couldn't ever imagine fishing for them. Impressive creature but in the hands of others for me. Anybody else's climbing gone to shit in this weather but fishing progressed?

As an aside Lagers et al., I think Fatneck and I agreed that the current window of opportunity seems quite limited for all of us. In conclusion I propose that we refloat the ide early August. We'll get there.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#274 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 09, 2012, 08:09:20 pm
In conclusion I propose that we refloat the ide early August.

There is a pond stocked with ide near Killamarsh (Sheff) - supposed to be good fun on floating casters presented on a pole

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal