UKBouldering.com

News from Scott in Wales (Read 84515 times)

Palomides

• forum abuser
#50 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 14, 2009, 12:26:42 pm

All the talk of public metaphorical flogging is a bit harsh isn't it?

This is just a young guy who's been claiming fast repeats of hard problems.

It's not like he's claiming to have done amazing new V15/16/17s, or claiming to have done the FAs of well-known projects.

I'm not saying lying is OK (Nibile and Jasper have done a good job of explaining why this kind of stuff is bad all round) but he's still a way off being one of the Great Internet Fantasists of our time.

dave

#51 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 14, 2009, 12:31:09 pm
It's not like he's claiming to have done amazing new V15/16/17s,

yet

or claiming to have done the FAs of well-known projects.

he has, at least one (sitter to snatch, stanage).

Palomides

• forum abuser
#52 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 14, 2009, 12:36:41 pm

Note to self - check facts before being charitable.

Thanks dave.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#53 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 14, 2009, 12:46:04 pm
That redtips site is a joke. Have you seen the people posting on it? A bunch of the biggest twats that climbing has produced in recent years (though I notice Franco is absent). The signatures on the forum are things like JUST FUCKING SOLO IT MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL.

What a load of jizz.

This Scott stuff is fairly unpleasant. Lets hope the lad doesn't do a Brian Blackwell (who sat next to my brother in English a while back) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Blackwell

Krank

• junky
  • VIVA LA CHAPEL
  • Its meant to be hard
#54 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 14, 2009, 01:35:20 pm
There's a red tips film, coming soon, maybe all Scotts footage is being saved for this monster media moment.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#55 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 14, 2009, 02:32:04 pm
The "North Wales Report" has disappeared from Red-Face.com. Curious.  :-\

Plattsy

• forum hero
#56 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 14, 2009, 02:35:59 pm
Jasper you're quick.

"This topic does not exist or was deleted."

webbo

• forum hero
#57 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 14, 2009, 02:49:51 pm
what intrigues me is who's the most deluded.scott believing hes done these problems or liam who believes he watched him do them.its a pity they don't live in the east riding i could get my nhs trust to pay me to monitor them.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#58 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 14, 2009, 02:53:44 pm
There's a red tips film, coming soon, maybe all Scotts footage is being saved for this monster media moment.

Quote from: Red-tarded.com
This DVD will give climbers that aren't necessarily top climbers a chance to show what they can do, however saying that, it may turn out that what you want to be filmed doing might mean that you wont be filmed or in the film.

:shrug:

There's a joke in here somewhere about not being filmed not doing something because you haven't actually done it but my head's fried from all this and I need a drink. 
:alky:

dave

#59 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 14, 2009, 03:01:17 pm
if they want to film people not doing hard problems, or people to not film not doing hard problems, then i'm your man.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#60 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 14, 2009, 03:02:25 pm
doylo, jim and monolith,
can i claim to have flashed rock atrocity?
i really have been to the cave, you've seen me there.

Doylo

• forum hero
#61 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 14, 2009, 07:37:06 pm
yes

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#62 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 14, 2009, 08:44:45 pm
You can have a commendation for doing it in two halves after a 2 day journey with no sleep on a coach! My hero.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#63 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 14, 2009, 08:47:46 pm
more importantly when you coming back so I can spank you on the grit again  :)

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#64 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 15, 2009, 08:45:00 am
so I can spank you on the grit again

eh? :spank: :spank: :spank:
is there somethiong between you two that we should know about?

jim and Nibs getting all close at the plantation

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#65 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 15, 2009, 09:45:09 am
No updates on 8a.nu.........  :-\

north_country_boy

• junky
#66 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 15, 2009, 11:15:34 am

Tickler

#67 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 15, 2009, 11:48:42 am
I never post on here or any other climbing forums, preferring to keep a low profile and quietly get on with sieging in the cave and on orme routes.

However, this post has struck a raw nerve with me.

Having spent thousands of hours over the last 13 years ticking my way through my orme wish list, I have had and continue to have amazing experiences on the Ormes both through my own climbing and thought that of local friends, beasts and visitors. I've witnessed the power, the glory and the tears as projects fall and last moves are dropped. I know how it feels to bleed and sweat my way through cave test pieces. I know how much time and effort has been expended by my friends and peers on establishing new lines.

Falsely claiming to have repeated moves on problems or falsely claiming to have made fast repeats of problems demeans and undermines the achievements of the first ascentionists and those of us who know how much training, time and experience has gone into these problems. Please don't do it.

Tommy

cowboyhat

• forum hero
#68 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 15, 2009, 01:19:32 pm
Could it all be a hoax?

Liam - 'Have a look at this Scott its going to be fucking mental...'

later on stalking ukb

'What a shitstorm, look at them they're livid etc...'

north_country_boy

• junky
#69 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 15, 2009, 01:33:47 pm
don;t think its a hoax from the stories I have heard from witnesses etc

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#70 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 15, 2009, 01:35:37 pm
Could it all be a hoax?

Liam - 'Have a look at this Scott its going to be fucking mental...'

later on stalking ukb

'What a shitstorm, look at them they're livid etc...'
LOL, well if they (reddicks.com) want people to see them for the cocks that they are, they're certainly succeeding in that, hoax or not.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#71 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 15, 2009, 01:44:27 pm
red tips - the discerning clothing choice of hoaxers, charlatans and punters.

And dabbers.

dave

#72 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 15, 2009, 01:54:20 pm
Of the hundred million+ websites in the world, the vast majority of them will be shit, or at least regarded as shit by any particulare group of peopel. redtips is just one of them. no-one is forcing anyone at gunpoint to go on the site, so I don't know why people are banging on about it, just don't go on it. if a site pisses you off then the best thing you can do is ignore it, otherwise you're just increasing their traffic and the viability of any advertising in the future etc. so lets all stop beating on about shit sites, its just distracting and makes the issue of determining if someone is a worldbeater or a worldcheater seem like its just inter-site bitchiness.

north_country_boy

• junky
#73 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 15, 2009, 01:57:06 pm
so lets all stop beating on about shit sites, its just distracting and makes the issue of determining if someone is a worldbeater or a worldcheater.

We don't need any more evidence to determine the latter......

tomtom

• forum hero
#74 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 15, 2009, 02:05:52 pm
Been reading posts here for the last few days and wanted to post my tuppence worth..

Its a common thing for people to exaggerate or bullshit about achievements - and I suspect before the WWW was about, this sort of thing would just have been banter between a few mates. Some would have thought wow, some would have thought bullshitting twat etc.. and that would be that. We all know people who stretch the truth about their climbing - such as the knob at the wall who goes on about doing 'laps' on a 7a problem etc.. Unfortunately due to the web, the red-tips crews achievements (largely fictional it would seem) are there for everyone to read about, digest and question. This means that they could well (and have) offend people who have spent ages working on these problems or done the FA's by demeaning or belittling the difficulty (though I don't think they're trying to directly diss anyone..).

With climbing, the only person you cheat by bullshitting is yourself - because its about what the achievement means to yourself (well that's what I think anyway) and whilst it may look good to impress your mates for a while its got to be a shallow thrill.

I guess what saddens me about all this is that these guys setting up Red-Tips have obviously got a huge amount of enthusiasm and drive for climbing.. they get out there and have a go, they make do with what is around them (the buildering - OK its cringeworthy with the grades given and I hope its a pisstake though suspect not!). The website is not to my taste - but for something knocked up by a group of amateurs (I'm assuming its not a pro job!) its not bad - and has forums, shop, pictures etc... Someone has obviously spent alot of time and effort working on the site which is good.. but why spoil it all by posting a load of bullshit about what you clearly have not done? Thats a real shame - because it removes 99% of the sites credibility..

If you look at the age of the users profiles on red-tips - they're all (nearly) 14-18, so maybe UKB or UKC is just a bit too high brow  :-\ (you know what I mean!) and theres a need for a climbing site for the yoof.. so red-tips could have been a great idea, with an audience. But why cock it all up with some bullshit. Shame.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal