UKBouldering.com

News from Scott in Wales (Read 84517 times)

Red

• addict
#25 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 13, 2009, 09:48:51 pm
 :jaw: is there anything this guy hasnt done?

lol

ferret

• forum abuser
#26 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 13, 2009, 09:49:21 pm
is it possible he isnt lying but is retarded and actually climbed malcs start into the cable guy??

I will chip in 15 pounds for fuel, for his next visit and they can all stay at my house as long as I can come to the crag and witness the fitness

cant say fairer than that!! scotty what u waiting for

nodder if i pretend to climb loads of nails shit will u giv me 15 quid and let me stay at yor house  ;)

andy_e

• forum hero
#27 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 13, 2009, 09:51:10 pm
He deserves kudos for topping out Cable Guy if he did it... Shocking!

north_country_boy

• junky
#28 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 13, 2009, 10:20:03 pm
Oh how I have missed the fictional tales of Walt Disneys favourite Wooden nosed Friend!!! and yet here appears another episode to bring amusement............... ;)

He then spends ages trying the slap move to the Lou ferrino ramp, doesn't really get close and tells me he is shit on undercuts.

That will explain how he did Holligan start then..... ;) :shrug:

Can we donate via Paypal to a 'ScottgoestoWalestoprovehisamazingtalentstrengthandsorytellingabilitytothewaitingmassesofukboulderingdoubtersfund'........?????

£10 winging its way from my direction if so....

Serpico

• forum hero
    • The Craig Y Longridge Wiki
#29 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 13, 2009, 10:27:09 pm
I will chip in 15 pounds for fuel, for his next visit and they can all stay at my house as long as I can come to the crag and witness the fitness.

Can we donate via Paypal to a 'ScottSerpicogoestoWalestoprovehisamazingtalentstrengthandsorytellingabilitytothewaitingmassesofukboulderingdoubtersfund'........Huh???

£10 winging its way from my direction if so....

I also flashed the Joker, and I've pissed all Wale's hardest problems. However I could do with a bit of petrol money and a place to doss...
so if the offer still stands, I'd be happy to demonstrate "the fitness".

ferret

• forum abuser
#30 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 13, 2009, 11:01:22 pm
perhaps we can get enough money to buy scott a video camera

dave

#31 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 13, 2009, 11:03:59 pm
or a guidebook.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#32 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 13, 2009, 11:16:38 pm
Is this bull shit?  I don't know how someone can struggle on a basic powerful 7c, namely Rock Attrocity but do an 8b in what I guess was a session or two.

I want to know also. I'm a silly punter who makes half arsed efforts to climb in the cave of late and even I  would be spurred on by the fact that dropping the RA match a zillion times would mean that I'm very capable of climbing an 8b in a few sessions. In fact, I think I should adjust my wishlist. Especially after my progress on Walk Away today dropping the break. What a punter!

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#33 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 13, 2009, 11:18:41 pm
Especially after my progress on Walk Away today dropping the break. What a punter!

From the sit-start I assume?

Monolith

• forum hero
#34 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 13, 2009, 11:28:26 pm
What do you take me for!? Naturellement!

Talking of that area, I was reminded today of some V1 and 2's that I would pay to watch these up coming youths flash.

Talking of another thing talked about before, I'm fairly sure Cable Guy hasn't had an ascent in as many years judging by a recent attempt to dust it off.

Where's that fucking chinny raccoon when you need him doyle!?

north_country_boy

• junky
#35 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 13, 2009, 11:39:40 pm
lee, aged 37 last friday

37? Now who's got a wooden nose?  ;)

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#36 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 14, 2009, 01:28:02 am
Talking of that area, I was reminded today of some V1 and 2's that I would pay to watch these up coming youths flash.

Good point. If any of them claim to have flashed the start of Minion's Way at Brimham then we'll know they're fibbing fo' sho'.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom

c.j.d.

• forum abuser
  • Great.
#38 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 14, 2009, 09:33:48 am
Daffydd Wyn, dwy'n meddwl.  Ond, os ty'n siarad am dense, moi fel 40. Dyw.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#39 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 14, 2009, 09:46:02 am

i'm also glad he's coming onto your turf now so you can appreciate what we've had to put up with in and around the peak.

He's just spreading the love.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#40 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 14, 2009, 10:20:19 am
Nice to see some straight talking / evidence on this thread and I agree with Dense. It's a good thing that you Welsh boys have now experienced the bullshit first hand so that you know what we're all dealing with here.

Like Nibs, I wanted to believe this stuff when I first heard it. I wondered why everyone was shouting BULLSHIT! so vehemently so I asked a few people. Having heard the weight of evidence against Scott's claims (from sources that I trust and who have no agenda) my position shifted from one of belief with a little doubt to one of 99% doubt with a crumb of belief. Then I saw him climb.

Now it may only be at The Works but I have seen Scott climb on a number of occasions. Bear in mind that I have climbed with many of the best rock climbers in the world and seen the level of power and ability required to climb 8B first hand. I'm willing to state categorically that Scott is nowhere near that level and because of this I am now 100% sure that he is lying about these ascents. Everyone can have an off day but when every day's an off day it means you're shit.

Then there's the way he goes about "doing" things. The modus operandi seems to be the same each time. The first time I met Scott at The Works he was trying a few problems on the training board. He told me that he had done most of them but wasn't bouldering that well as he'd been doing routes recently (I knew he'd just come back from Font but thought "fair enough"). This was supposed to explain his total failure on everything and the fact that he was nowhere near doing the hard (or some of the easier) moves on several 7Cish problems. Again, fair enough, an off day perhaps. I showed him my sequence on a 7C+ which missed out one of the holds and the way Nacho and I had done the crimpy "8A" also missing an intermediate. He was nowhere near doing the individual moves on either of these problems. A few days later, despite showing no improvement in power or ability, he told me he had done both these problems using my sequences. Interesting. When I read about his exploits in the cave it had a familiar ring to it.

Bear in mind I can just about scrape my way up 7C outside on a good day and this lad is claiming to piss problems four grades harder in a session. It simply isn't possible.

There was a lot of stuff said previously about how he doesn't need to prove anything and it's down to the doubters to disprove his claims. Well it's gone too far for that now. He's claiming first ascents, world class flashes, unbelievably fast repeats of hard classic problems and there is no fucking way he has done any of them.

The question we should be asking has gone from being "has he really done these things?" to "why is he making these claims?". I've spoken to Scott a few times and, as everyone says, he seems like a nice lad. So what's going on in his head to make him do this? It's as if it's a need to be recognised, a need for some sort of affirmation. Has he missed the fact that rock climbing is an inclusive sport where you can excel whatever your level is? Where 8B climbers will take enjoyment in helping a mate climb their first 6A and where (healthy competition aside!) everyone wants everyone to do well. You don't become more respected in the climbing community just by bagging big numbers. If you're a twat then everyone will still think you're a twat whatever grade you climb and if you're a sound bloke then the same rules apply.

Some people are getting angry about this stuff and that's a natural reaction. The integrity of the sport is threatened by bullshitters but I don't think it is in this case as it's gone so far that nobody (who matters) believes it. I'm not angry, I'd just like Scott to have a think about why he's doing this, what he hopes to achieve and perhaps realise that this really isn't the way to go about it. Perhaps it's gone too far. He may be inhabiting the same fantasy world as Si O'Bullshit where the lines between reality and nonsense have become blurred. If so then he needs help.

What he certainly doesn't need is encouragement from imbecile hangers on but the fact that these are the people he is reduced to climbing with tells a story.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#41 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 14, 2009, 10:32:27 am

The question we should be asking has gone from being "has he really done these things?" to "why is he making these claims?".

I think he is on the verge of a major sponsorhip deal with www.red-tips.webs.com and just needs a few more big numbers to clinch it.

dave

#42 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 14, 2009, 10:47:22 am
with all this about "is it malcs start, is it cable guy?" etc etc it makes you wonder if when he claimed the Joker flash he'd actually just done Honorary Caley.

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#43 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 14, 2009, 10:56:11 am
Let's just hope that Scott is just immature and grows out of this rubbish.

Anyway, just to upset those folk that are stuck in the office, I'm off to Curbar in a bit, I might have to sandbag some one on Strawberries again, I don't know why, its like tuerettes annoying yet strangely funny and compelling. 

I think what Scott needs is Max Clifford.

Monolith

• forum hero
#44 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 14, 2009, 11:04:12 am
Somebody please print and frame that thread entitled "North Wales Report" on redends.com

Doylo

• forum hero
#45 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 14, 2009, 11:05:45 am
I didn't really get involved with the peak stuff because like Jasper i wouldn't like to doubt someone until i had climbed with them. Well in Wales i got to climb with Scott and that is why i have vehemently scoffed at his claims. We turned up at Pill Box and he didn't look happy. I could see from the road that he couldn't get established on Mr Whippy 7a+. Hmm alarm bells started to ring. He had another go and could barely get his feet off the ledge. I had a redpoint on my project which starts up a tough 7b called Jack Daniels Connection. After Pritch had a go of JD and so did Scott. Now this problem is as basic as they come, a dynamic move on two small holds (scott is meant to be good on small holds). He could barely take his weight off. When you climb with world class climbers they often do things wrong at first on a problem, not knowing what they're doing. But they look fuckin strong often doing things a much harder way. This isn't the case with Scott, he doesn't even look strong (Rockatrocity pretty basic e.g.). He looked like his head was about to explode. All this cable guy/malcs nonsense is typical too. Now this has obviously caused a big furore. I know for a fact that he will read this so come back and prove us all wrong. You don't have to do Malcs start again but you should be able to slap the pocket. I hate this shit cos i was chatting wth Scott and he is ok. This stuff is horrible and needs to be settled one way or another, but there is only one man who can do that.......

Krank

• junky
  • VIVA LA CHAPEL
  • Its meant to be hard
#46 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 14, 2009, 11:13:11 am
but there is only one man who can do that.......

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#47 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 14, 2009, 11:37:14 am
but there is only one man who can do that.......

:whistle:

I think he is on the verge of a major sponsorhip deal with www.red-tips.webs.com and just needs a few more big numbers to clinch it.
Well their t-shirt is "an instant classic"  :thumbsup: :wank: :yawn:

I might have to sandbag some one on Strawberries again, I don't know why, its like tuerettes annoying yet strangely funny and compelling. 
No mostly just annoying, Slopes ;). Wonder if Scott's done it yet...

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#48 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 14, 2009, 11:39:31 am
your right about this being am unpleasant business doyle, but if your mouth is writing cheque's your body simply can't cash then there is going to be some sort of penalty.
if a bank cheque bounce's then the bank will fine you. it seems the climbing equivalent is a public flogging on the internet

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#49 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 14, 2009, 12:07:01 pm
Quote from: Lagerpedia article 3556a - Narcissistic Personality Disorder, or just a twat?
Talents, skills and accomplishments tend to be exaggerated, sometimes to the point of lying, as they expect others to recognise them as being superior......Preoccupied with fantasies of success, beauty or love.....  Has a sense of entitlement.......  Sufferers do usually, however, make a good first impression with other people, yet this is not typically maintained

As with all personality disorders, psychotherapy may help sufferers of Narcissistic Personality Disorder, helping them to relate to others in a more positive way. Medication may help stabilise specific symptoms...... If it is suspected that there are no grounds for diagnosing such a personality disorder then Internet Flogging Therapy (IFT) has been shown to be the most reliable way of dealing with a twat

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal