UKBouldering.com

News from Scott in Wales (Read 85246 times)

Serpico

• forum hero
    • The Craig Y Longridge Wiki
#100 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 15, 2009, 10:03:55 pm
Jerry sprayed about stuff he'd actually done.

I was referring to the attack on the rad-tits website and the general arrogance of yoof, not the Scott debacle.
I'd like to believe him but there seems to be a growing body evidence to the contrary. And as for Liam, not even Jerry was that full of his own achievements.

Scraggadoo

• addict
#101 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 15, 2009, 10:33:02 pm
Youthful exuberance - ah...   ::)  We were all young once.

But I'm not going to get into a debate with red-tips, it's not really my thing but if it floats their boats then hey...

Now that Serpico has brought Jerry into it, I was just thinking that Scott is putting himself at a disadvantage.  Jerry was driven to achieve his goals, and I don't know if he spouted shit out of his mouth saying he'd done this and that when in fact he hadn't...  His book leads me to believe otherwise.  So in effect, because Scott believes he's done these things (even though he hasn't as corroborated by witnesses on UKB) I reckon he won't be as driven to achieve his goals / set goals to work towards so he can get good and claim those problems truthfully.

Shame really, as some of you have said, he seems to be a nice chap.  Wish him all the best, but until he starts facing reality and stops BSing himself, he's not going to end up as a top climber (and be known for all the wrong reasons).

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#102 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 15, 2009, 10:42:27 pm
It is like slagging someone off because they have a nerdy hobby like World of Warcraft, or medieval role play, which wouldn't be fair, eh Fiend?
Very clever, or it would be if it actually supported your argument - it's not about the activity it's about the attitude. I've encountered wargamers who are as young as the copley clan but have a considerably more interesting, well-rounded and generally more palatable approach to their respective hobby.

There have also been a few young climbers who have also been less cringe-worthy but somewhat irritating in their youth, and have been slapped down on a far more regular basis than these scrotes, and have taken it in their stride to become, well really quite decent guys.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#103 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 15, 2009, 11:06:49 pm
Si M'Congaile
Scott Mclellan

Hmmm  :-\

I see on RedTips there' a photo of Scott repeating The Island, 8c.  Good effort Scott!!!

Climber_Luke

#104 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 15, 2009, 11:41:40 pm
Ive been watching this thread for a bit now, and i think some of the stuff on it is pretty out of order. i can see where some of you guys are coming from, but some of you are just total dicks, i thought somebody saw scott climb this stuff? isnt that enough? even if you think this is the only occasion,  plus i think that picture is pretty out of order as well, theres no need for that, i think you should either stop posting or do a bit more research, or something.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#105 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 15, 2009, 11:45:43 pm
Ive been watching this thread for a bit now, and i think some of the stuff on it is pretty out of order.

Yeah, you're right.

i can see where some of you guys are coming from, but some of you are just total dicks,

We're all dix lol

i thought somebody saw scott climb this stuff?

Noone saw him do anything

even if you think this is the only occasion

No, it's multiple occasions

plus i think that picture is pretty out of order as well, theres no need for that, i think you should either stop posting or do a bit more research, or something.

It's the only pic of him on anything above 7c that exists.  Please feel free to post more.

matthew

• menacing presence
#106 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 16, 2009, 12:51:56 am
It appears all threads on Scott are being pulled from UKC.
All I wanted was proof. Good old fashioned HiDef video proof.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#107 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 16, 2009, 02:35:31 am
Ive been watching this thread for a bit now, and i think some of the stuff on it is pretty out of order. i can see where some of you guys are coming from, but some of you are just total dicks, i thought somebody saw scott climb this stuff? isnt that enough? even if you think this is the only occasion,  plus i think that picture is pretty out of order as well, theres no need for that, i think you should either stop posting or do a bit more research, or something.
Liam, if you're going to pretend to be somebody else try using a different IP address ;)

I was referring to the attack on the rad-tits website and the general arrogance of yoof, not the Scott debacle.
I agree with you - we shouldn't be slagging the site off for the sake of it.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#108 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 16, 2009, 07:20:52 am
i thought somebody saw scott climb this stuff? isnt that enough?

If you read Jim's post you'll see that he didn't film him not climbing things in the Cave and others didn't film him not climbing at Pill Box.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#109 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 16, 2009, 07:53:03 am
Liam, if you're going to pretend to be somebody else try using a different IP address ;)

lol lol lol lol lol lol

tomtom

• forum hero
#110 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 16, 2009, 07:55:13 am

If you read Jim's post you'll see that he didn't film him not climbing things in the Cave and others didn't film him not climbing at Pill Box.

Watch those double negatives Slackers...  :-\

webbo

• forum hero
#111 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 16, 2009, 08:20:36 am
[/quote]

that nearly made me piss my pants.thats the great thing about being young think you are so clever and invincable.

steve age 53 and alot with help from aylish age 15

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#112 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 16, 2009, 08:27:19 am
What was the name of that girl that used to pop up in support of Si O?
Deja vu.

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#113 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 16, 2009, 08:33:54 am
Sarah O'Connor? But only at the weekends.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#114 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 16, 2009, 08:42:28 am
I think i have said this before on another thread but I am 18 yrs old and consider myself to be an enthusiastic climber but i think their website is ridiculous. Its trying to make a little group of people out of climbing like all of these common "youth groups" like chavs, skaters... etc. the list goes on..

To enjoy climbing you dont need to post stuff on the internet about what you have been doing and climbing up buildings and saying things like 'man', 'dude' and 'sick' whenever you say anything. You just enjoy your climbing and get on with it.

You did. And it's a very good point. My views on this are all on that thread really.

Oops!

Serpico

• forum hero
    • The Craig Y Longridge Wiki
#115 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 16, 2009, 08:55:26 am
Sarah O'Connor? But only at the weekends.

I'm a friend of Sarah O'Connor. I was told she was here. Could I see her please?

dave

#116 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 16, 2009, 08:57:23 am
I think Red has a good point: climbers are getting younger

only harris gets younger, the rest of us are subject to the ravages of time.

webbo

• forum hero
#117 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 16, 2009, 09:01:45 am
What was the name of that girl that used to pop up in support of Si O?
Deja vu.
was it big annie or something similar. wasn't fingers/blondie back in the day going to get a lift with her :-\ to go meet si.funny how he doesn't post on here anymore.
probably chained up in si's cellar and forced to watch him pulling down 4c moves with si giving a running commentry " and si performs the first english 7c move a 100 feet above certain death"

dave

#118 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 16, 2009, 09:21:14 am
si-o used to have an imaginary friend called either "ben" or "sgurr" who used to post up on here and cocktalk to substantiate his claims. the remarkable thing was this ben's posting style, grammar, lexicon and spelling was totally identical to si-o's. It then transpired that all their posts were made within seconds of each other from the same IP address.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#119 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 16, 2009, 09:31:30 am
I though ben was his collie. That dog's got mad typing skills.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#120 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 16, 2009, 10:08:29 am
I'm Luke, I'm five and my dad's Bruce Lee

SA Chris

• forum hero
#121 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 16, 2009, 10:32:29 am
Rumbling around in his JCB a van eating porridge lol

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#122 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 16, 2009, 10:35:27 am

Watch those double negatives Slackers...  :-\

Its a play on the forthcoming film  :P ...

There's a red tips film, coming soon, maybe all Scotts footage is being saved for this monster media moment.

Quote from: Red-tarded.com
This DVD will give climbers that aren't necessarily top climbers a chance to show what they can do, however saying that, it may turn out that what you want to be filmed doing might mean that you wont be filmed or in the film.

:shrug:

There's a joke in here somewhere about not being filmed not doing something because you haven't actually done it but my head's fried from all this and I need a drink. 
:alky:

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#123 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 16, 2009, 10:57:04 am
I think we said from the start this was an unpleasant business and it indeed is. Unfortunately Scott has brought it on himself.
I think we have proved beyond reasonable doubt that Scott hasn't climbed these hard problems like he claims to of done and his name will defiantly not be going down in any of the history books and unless he gets strong and starts climbing hard stuff in front of people/ video camera's etc... then no one is ever going to believe he has climb something hard.
I think some of the slagging off of red-tips is pretty out of order tho, Scott needed putting straight but it seems like they are just psyched young climbers who just seem very immature to us old twats

Also the low start to snatch is still waiting for an ascent (god help us)

Here is the fictional list for reference when hopefully Scott has the decency to take it down

08/10/17         the ace         Peak District / Stanage           first 8b!!!
1 session!!!
3 very cold hours!!!    ***
8A+
09/03/23       snatched       stanage plantation            
09/02/17       steep arete from a really low start       Albarracín / aeroline         best problem all holiday :D    ***
09/02/17       cosmos 7C+,8A,8A+,8B       Albarracín / techos    Second GO    1 move wonder to the biggest hold ever!    ***
8A
09/03/23       snatch!       stanage plantation            
09/02/17       andrada problem       Albarracín / techos         cool problem    ***
09/02/17       ??       Albarracín / SOL         amazing moves!    ***
09/02/17       steep arete problem       Albarracín / aeroline            ***
08/12/28       blind drunk       Burbage north            **
08/11/07       hooligan 8A,8C       Raven Tor         finished low    ***
08/09/29       the joker       Peak District / Stanage         getting up at half four in the morning is worth it :D    ***
08/07/13       viaggio in nessun luogo       Val di Mello / lo scivolo         second ascent    ***
08/07/13       digitalis       Val di Mello / lo scivolo    Hard, FA    possibly 8a?
my first, first ascent
felt harder than anything i have ever done.    ***
08/07/11       The Press Low Right       Peak District / Rubicon            ***
7C+
08/12/10       renegade master 7c+,8a       Froggatt         ground up highball with lots of pads! good stuff!    ***
08/09/29       brad pitt 7C,7C+,8A       Peak District / Stanage         getting up at half four in the morning is worth it :D    ***
08/09/24       master kush       Peak District / Rivelin    Second GO    fell off on the last hold on the onsight! :( poo    ***
08/07/13       sogno di tarzan sit       Val di Mello / tarzan    Hard    felt vey hard    ***
08/07/13       Aspettando fred nicole       val di mello / tarzan    Hard, Second GO       ***
08/07/13       project vigne       Val di Mello / lo scivolo    Hard, Second GO       ***
08/07/13       dregsdrumandrock'n'roll       Val di Mello / tarzan    Hard, Second GO       ***
08/07/13       dottor zero 6B,6C,7C+       Val di Mello / mello         third attempt    ***

Rabies

• regular
#124 Re: News from Scott in Wales
April 16, 2009, 11:04:19 am
1 session for the ace!!  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal