UKBouldering.com

women's cricket, rugby football? you get da picture (Read 4094 times)

route149

• addict
  • 'Let's see how Ben does it...'
Okay so  my missis was asking why more punters don't watch the women's cricket and other women's events.  the resulting conversation was awkward in places. We are still married, however.

I said I'd once got flamed for saying that top women's tennis was a good watch, but I'd not be interested in watching women trying to butch up enough to play powerful contact sports like rugby.

This has no chance of being a serious discussion on here, I know, but I kind of concluded that most serious male sports enthusiasts were already too busy to watch additional sport.  So we can kind of leave them out.

The next tier down are still too busy.  They don't prioritise sport as much, or watch as many matches or types of sport, but they are already too busy just watching match highlights or following their side getting hammered.

The next tier down are still too busy.  They actually know bugger all about sport, but don't want to get shown up.  So they nervously try to keep up to speed in case they get found out and exposed as being not very manly.

The next tier down (oops, tiers=3, so we've run out of tiers) are not interested in contact sports except internationals.   

Next down are people who don't watch contact sports at all because they are too busy shaving their legs or climbing.  Feck, that's not supposed to be controversial.

So just how many guyse would be interested in watching women playing football because they looked good in shorts and how many because of their obvious skills....

matthew

• menacing presence
I remember reading that Venus Williams (when seeded no.1) was hammered by the men's 90th seed. Womens sport just isn't as good technically or nearly as exciting to watch. Sports which women do excel at over men (er.... netball??) are dull. It's science. Fact.

Zods Beard

• forum abuser
Perhaps introduce more sports woman are good at, such as ironing, washing up and sewing. Still be dull as shit tho.

route149

• addict
Sports which women do excel at over men (er.... netball??) are dull. It's science. Fact.

Er, the bit about it being dull isn't science, but I'm with you.  There isn't the speed, power, or agression to make these interesting.  But what would you say with things like cricket, where other stuff is going on? Even test matches aren't exactly conducted at a nerve racking pace

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Load of crap.  I mean, who wants to watch a load of well toned, fit ladies running about in shorts and tight tops getting all muddy and sweaty? 

route149

• addict
who wants to watch a load of well toned, fit ladies running about in shorts and tight tops getting all muddy and sweaty?  

Well, the sweaty thing is fine.  But the mud, eeewww...

Waddage for pictures.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
http://content.cricinfo.com/wwc2009/content/squad?object=351827 and then click on the teams. Some hunnies in there but plenty of munters

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
More female sporting types

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Sports which women do excel at over men (er.... netball??) are dull. It's science. Fact.

You've clearly never watched the beam in women's gymnastics, the only men who could do some of those moves would be eunuchs.

Personally I don't find watching any sport that interesting irrespective of whether the competitors are XY or XX.

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
I feel like I should step in here and defend the fairer sex, but I can't cause I'm pretty much in agreement with what's been said already. 

I would say a major issue with women in sport are that the ones who are technically good enough to be interesting to watch don't really look like ladies, well not enough to make them truly perv worthy, and if you don't have the added bonus of a perv while watching the game / match / whatever you call these sporting events then why would you not just watch the men's versions which are generally, as other have said; faster, technically better, more powerful and / or aggressive.  Beach volleyball may be the exception here.

This is not really my finest moment in defending the sisterhood, is it?  :-[

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
I would say a major issue with women in sport are that the ones who are technically good enough to be interesting to watch don't really look like ladies

Dunno what you mean

tomtom

• forum hero

Fuck thats scary.
I give it 5 mins before that makes it onto the 'shit isnt that...' thread... look out Jasper...

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
There's a distinct bulge in that 'ladies' pants  :-\

tomtom

• forum hero
Are her feet chalked up???  :shrug:

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a

That's steroids for ya.

robertostallioni

• forum hero

widdop

• addict
There's a distinct bulge in that 'ladies' pants  :-\never mind the bulge ,what a cuddly chick,

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal