UKBouldering.com

accommodation in sunderland? (Read 2566 times)

chappers

• forum hero
accommodation in sunderland?
March 16, 2009, 10:33:02 am
any of you guys know of any bunk houses in villages close to sunderland (maybe 10-20 miles max).
must have a pub close by that sells large plates of food. a coastal location would be nice.

or a youth hostel type thing in the centre of the city maybe??

(6 of us are riding the c2c in one day in june and need somewhere to stay at the end).

cheers,
chris

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1 Re: accommodation in sunderland?
March 16, 2009, 10:42:30 am
Researched and planned it a while back ourselves, but never got round to doing it. http://c2c-guide.co.uk/places/sunderland.htm has some recommendations, but can't vouch for them personally.

chappers

• forum hero
#2 Re: accommodation in sunderland?
March 16, 2009, 10:52:12 am
cheers chris, ive had a look at most of them.
i just booked the start, so we have to do it now! should make for an interesting day.

Davey_C

• regular
#3 Re: accommodation in sunderland?
March 19, 2009, 08:53:46 am
Doesn't the C2C finish in Tynemouth? I would recommend staying somewhere in Whitely Bay / Tynemouth - it's on the coast, plenty of pubs, loads of cheap B&B's and much better the Sunderland.

I'm from Newcastle so I'm probably a bit bias.....

Mr Cat

• menacing presence
    • Flickr
#4 Re: accommodation in sunderland?
March 20, 2009, 11:48:00 am
yeah, just don't stay in sunderland - there are shitholes and there are shitholes - and then there is of course sunderland... :)

chappers

• forum hero
#5 Re: accommodation in sunderland?
March 21, 2009, 10:27:17 am
there are two finishes, as far as i have researched the most common way to ride it is whitehaven to sunderland. and now we have commited to doing it that way (for charity) so we have to!
ill keep looking then lads, thanks.

philo

• forum hero
#6 Re: accommodation in sunderland?
March 21, 2009, 09:08:55 pm
im from Sunderland,
Do not stay in the hostel in the city centre, (The 3 Tatham Street Hostel) YMCA don't do it. your bikes wouldn't survive the night. other than that im not sure on youth hostels.  The ymca is swarming with bad types.
there are some nice B&B types down the sea front but ive never stayed in them.  most pubs aren't too pretty mind but its not as bad as everyone says.  you don't want to be staying at the premier inn or travel lodge as they are miles away from most things.  your looking towards more of a B and B style near the coast.  you should look closer to seaburn/roker areas on the seafront which will be the end of the ctc. local pubs are alright around there.

if it helps i found a website which lists a few,
http://www.bedandbreakfast-directory.co.uk/results.asp?town=Sunderland&county=Tyne%20%26%20Wear

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal