UKBouldering.com

Downhill Domination, "dropping in" (Read 281361 times)

Palomides

• forum abuser
....and I'm going to get myself a pair of these too....

:P

:o Did you watch that vid to the end John?????

john horscroft

• forum hero
  • Just abusive
  • High Rocks? Best crag in the country mate.....
    • John Horscroft - Writer
....and I'm going to get myself a pair of these too....

:P

:o Did you watch that vid to the end John?????

....sure did.  Not going to let a bit of scaremongering stop me.  Bloody ambulance chasers....  ;)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
nah he wants one of these.....

gold innit, make yah go reet fast

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Nice way to deal with a fence

underground

• forum hero
Funny fuckers  ::)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
 :tease:  :kiss2:

Oli

• obsessive maniac
Thinking of doing a week somewhere in the Alps in August. What's the knowledge? I've never been before, so any suggestions/advice are welcome. Also, anyone else keen?

Secondly, how about an uplift day at Cwm Carn in the next month or so? Probably got to be a weekend for me.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Can't afford the Alps this year but I'm up for a Cwmcarn. Hardly ridden DH this year since my spring accident and Cwmdown is a good track for getting back into things. 

I reckon we should get a UKB Caersws uplift day organised for sometime in the summer as well...

ianv

• forum abuser
Anyone going to be in the pds prior to the passporte? I might be going up in the week before. Also, anyone ridden la cluzas, any good?

peewee

• obsessive maniac
  • Wilko Baggins
  • If in doubt, Lock it out (Dynamically)
I'm heading there next Wed.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
 10 days to go

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
my very dodgy gopr chest mount, need some tips on how best to set it up guys, so I can get some good footage, this is the black and red at les gets including a little crash

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
That's mint... As we will b there in 10 days! God, I've trained all year for this...

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
That's mint... As we will b there in 10 days! God, I've trained all year for this...

i was meant to start training, but didnt bother in the end, I am so unfit  :slap:

peewee

• obsessive maniac
  • Wilko Baggins
  • If in doubt, Lock it out (Dynamically)
I've done 5 rides in prep for it, ready to roll woop :)

ianv

• forum abuser
FUCK ME  :wall: :wall:  Smacked my foot against a big rock on Sunday and think I might have fractured my big toe. A question for the medical types please: is it a big deal if I just live with it and douse myself with volterol or are there any potential complications that I should worry about. I rode most of sunday and yesterday and for the most part it seemed ok but hurt when landing jumps so I was intending to just man up, am I being stupid?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Smacked my foot against a big rock on Sunday and think I might have fractured my big toe.

Time to get strong

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
FUCK ME  :wall: :wall:  Smacked my foot against a big rock on Sunday and think I might have fractured my big toe. A question for the medical types please: is it a big deal if I just live with it and douse myself with volterol or are there any potential complications that I should worry about. I rode most of sunday and yesterday and for the most part it seemed ok but hurt when landing jumps so I was intending to just man up, am I being stupid?

Bleeding? Swelling, bruised? Numbness? Deformed... More than usual for an ex climber of our genre? Able to weight bear bare foot? Pain up the foot?, esp metatarsal head?

Fuck it Ian, u speak fluent french... Go get an X-ray and report back, if considered broken pref wit the X-ray films... Which can be sent to my email address.

ianv

• forum abuser
The reason I havnt bothered with an x ray was that it didn't seem too bad. Minor swelling, no deformities, can weight it just, bruising around the first joint. I was hoping it was just a bad bruise but starting to wonder now. The other reason I didn't bother is it's a pita to get a refund on the e111 :no:

ianv

• forum abuser
Probably jumped the gun on the toe fracture. Felt a lot better riding today so probably just bruised :2thumbsup: Cheers anyway fd.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
 :dance1:

Fj

• menacing presence
need some tips on how best to set it up guys
we found mounting it upside down and inverting the picture worked best for mine as you can point it up higher which is key for seeing the rider in front on steeper stuff.
also if you're feeling brave (or have a spine protector) put it on your back and record the person behind. makes more interesting footage.

Oli

• obsessive maniac
Cwm Carn 7,8,14 or 15th July? I've got another non-climbing mate who's keen as well.

Also, having started riding more and got myself an AM bike I'm tempted to get a DH bike again. Found an Intense Socom frame for a decent price which is looking very tempting. Has anyone got a decent set of forks their looking to get rid of? Either 1 1/8 or 1.5...

ianv

• forum abuser
Weather looking dodgy for the weekend folks, bring a raincoat. Fd/fbs can you text me when you get to les gets saturday so we can arrange to meet up. Will probably ride at la cluzas and drive over late Saturday afternoon.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal